Quantcast

Am I a Jerk for doing this?

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
First off let me start by saying I am a animal lover, I don't like hurting anaimals at all but.....

The people in my neighborhood seem to have a hard time with keeping their dogs in their yards. When I moved into my house I installed the electric fence so I could let me dog out and not worry about her taking off, and to this day she has never left our yard.

For the past month we have had a dog the keeps coming into our yard, crapping/pissing/and messing with my dog. I have done everything from chasing it out of my yard to taking in back to the owners house and asking them to keep their dog out of my yard.

Well Saturday after a 60mile road ride (very tired) I came home and was trying to get my son to fall asleep. He was just about asleep when my dog started barking like crazy and scared the hell out of my kid (thus making the poor little boy cry like crazy) It was because of the stupid dog in my yard again.
So once I got the little guy asleep I put my paintball gun together and sure enough that dog came back and was crapping in my yard. I went outside and shot that dog as many time as I could until it was out of reach......

I didn't see the dog yesterday but some kids where talking about a pink dog running around :evil:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I don't have any animals as pets so I'm not what you would call an "animal lover" so I don't see any real harm in what you did.

I forget where I read it but there was a test run once where 2 jars were put out on the counter of various stores throughout a town. One jar was for starving and abused animals, the other was for starving and abused kids. Guess which jar had more money in it? The one for the animals!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Jesus f**king Christ, grow a pair and go talk to your neighbors instead of shooting their dog and threatening to feed it poison.

Are you really that much of a pvssy?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
binary visions said:
Jesus f**king Christ, grow a pair and go talk to your neighbors instead of shooting their dog and threatening to feed it poison.

that was biggins w/ the ethylene glycol cocktail.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
By the way, you probably didn't hurt the dog, my heart isn't bleeding here, etc. but seriously, don't take your frustrations out on a neglected animal, go to the root of the problem.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I think this is clearly YOUR fault, Mancil. You should have gotten a dog that does not bark and does not give a sh*t with what's happening outside in the yard. Like, say, a greyhound. :)

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
binary visions said:

Did you miss this part of my post?

For the past month we have had a dog the keeps coming into our yard, crapping/pissing/and messing with my dog. I have done everything from chasing it out of my yard to taking in back to the owners house and asking them to keep their dog out of my yard.

The only thing I haven't done is call the pound.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
There's no easy answer, if you call animal control it will probably get put to sleep, and it's a sh!tty thing to do to shoot the dog with a pellet gun or paintball gun. Maybe you could get the po-po to visit your neighbor regarding keeping track of their mutt.

splat

Nam I am
I bet it doesn't come back. if a few paint balls solve your problem , why didn't you do it sooner.

stosh said:
I forget where I read it but there was a test run once where 2 jars were put out on the counter of various stores throughout a town. One jar was for starving and abused animals, the other was for starving and abused kids. Guess which jar had more money in it? The one for the animals!
I beleive it and that is so sad .

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
when i was a kid, our samoyed got shot and killed after it wandered into a neighbor's yard. and this was in springfield MA, for chrissake (ie, fairly urban setting).

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
narlus said:
when i was a kid, our samoyed got shot and killed after it wandered into a neighbor's yard. and this was in springfield MA, for chrissake (ie, fairly urban setting).
Where I grew up as a kid, there was no pound. There was also no money, so if a mangey, flea ridden old stray dog wandered onto your property and started ****ing with your dog, or chasing your chickens around, you shot it in the head.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
BurlyShirley said:
Where I grew up as a kid, there was no pound. There was also no money, so if a mangey, flea ridden old stray dog wandered onto your property and started ****ing with your dog, or chasing your chickens around, you shot it in the head.
I also grew up in hicksville.

There were some neighbors who let their Great Dane roam free.

My father objected to this based on the fact that we were always outside.

He got hold of the dog, brought it out to the woods and tied it to a tree and let it die.

He then got sent to court.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
BurlyShirley said:
like i said, not exactly the same setting i was describing...

J

JRB

I've killed a wild dog or twenty, but I wouldn't hurt the neighbors dog, unless it hurt me or my family. If it came into my yard and tore into my dog and he couldn't kick its ass, I would kill it with a shovel. I wouldn't do a thing for crap, other than shovel it up and fling it at the neighbor's front door. Sh*t all over your porch is usually more effective than paintballs. Like N8 said, .22s usually leave a more lasting impression. :think:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
MudGrrl said:
I also grew up in hicksville.

There were some neighbors who let their Great Dane roam free.

My father objected to this based on the fact that we were always outside.

He got hold of the dog, brought it out to the woods and tied it to a tree and let it die.

He then got sent to court.
Whoa!
Cant say that was a good idea. Poor dog.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MancilG said:
Did you miss this part of my post?
:o:

Err, yes, I did. Sorry, I got you confused with biggins and his post yesterday about leaving out a bowl of radiator fluid to quiet down his neighbor's dog.

But yeah, shooting it still wasn't cool - the frustration is a little more understandable after you've gone through all the available routes, though :)

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We have a neighbor who lets her black lab roam the neighborhood. No doubt it's crapped in our yard (our dog's turds are not that large). Having that dog roam our yard is kind of annoying, but to the owner's credit, she did ask us if we minded. The dog is harmless enough but he's not too bright. When we're driving down the street, he stops in the middle of the road to watch us. He howls when he sees me, but doesn't approach.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I Are Baboon said:
We have a neighbor who lets her black lab roam the neighborhood. No doubt it's crapped in our yard (our dog's turds are not that large). Having that dog roam our yard is kind of annoying, but to the owner's credit, she did ask us if we minded. The dog is harmless enough but he's not too bright. When we're driving down the street, he stops in the middle of the road to watch us. He howls when he sees me, but doesn't approach.
At our last place, Kiz and I had Sanchez trained to go and poo right in the neighbors front yard:rofl: It was great. No mess, no fuss!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
hollowpoints.

i am an animal lover.
but the safety of mine come first.
and a dog you don't own could very possibly be a risk to your child.

hollowpoints.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
BurlyShirley said:
Sounds like the same kind of place I grew up......... :think:

If you let you dog run wild around those parts you had no right to be surprised if one day Fido just didn't come back.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
dhbuilder said:
hollowpoints.

i am an animal lover.
but the safety of mine come first.
and a dog you don't own could very possibly be a risk to your child.

hollowpoints.
AND that is my greatest fear. Someone has their dog unleashed at the park, I use to not say anything. Now with a 3 year old, I immediately say something.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
SkaredShtles said:
Sounds like the same kind of place I grew up......... :think:

If you let you dog run wild around those parts you had no right to be surprised if one day Fido just didn't come back.

Yeah, sometimes I cant believe how much the world has changed since just the 80s. When I was a kid, we had an outhouse...seriously. We had no power, no running water. I remember taking baths in a creek. We had to haul the water from a spring to our house in a huge tank on the back of an old international truck...What's wierd is that I dont seem to remember that being a very bad time. I was pretty happy, actually.
I guess there are still some places like that in the US, but probably not many.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
DRB said:
AND that is my greatest fear. Someone has their dog unleashed at the park, I use to not say anything. Now with a 3 year old, I immediately say something.
i think in the past six months or so, i've seen a couple of local news reports about very young children getting mauled by a neighbors dogs.
the one i do remember, the dog owner was interviewed and said something like, "he ain't never done nothin like that before."
as animal control was taking it away to be euthanized.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
BurlyShirley said:
Yeah, sometimes I cant believe how much the world has changed since just the 80s. When I was a kid, we had an outhouse...seriously. We had no power, no running water. I remember taking baths in a creek. We had to haul the water from a spring to our house in a huge tank on the back of an old international truck...What's wierd is that I dont seem to remember that being a very bad time. I was pretty happy, actually.
I guess there are still some places like that in the US, but probably not many.
So did you grow up in Kentucky? :think:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
dhbuilder said:
i think in the past six months or so, i've seen a couple of local news reports about very young children getting mauled by a neighbors dogs.
the one i do remember, the dog owner was interviewed and said something like, "he ain't never done nothin like that before."
as animal control was taking it away to be euthanized.
Dude, where you live, everyone talks like that. My favorite part about going to windrock, is driving past that trailer where there is a directv dish mounted on the back of an old big satellite dish:rofl: Cracks me up every time.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
blt2ride said:
No kidding! What's the matter with you? Are you that much of a coward to where you couldn't talk to the dog's owner?

Just so you know, it won't take the dog's owner too long to figure out you were the one who shot their dog with a paint gun. I would expect one of two things to happen: 1) The dog owner comes to your house and gives you the beating of your life. Since you were too scared to talk to him in the first place, I would imagine you couldn't defend yourself. 2) The dog owner calls the cops, and the cops pay you a little visit.

Since you have a child, and ride a road bike, I would imagine that you're over the age of 25...too old to pull crap like this.
mancilG said:
I have done everything from chasing it out of my yard to taking in back to the owners house and asking them to keep their dog out of my yard.
<apology coming in 1....2....3.....>

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
blt2ride said:
No kidding! What's the matter with you? Are you that much of a coward to where you couldn't talk to the dog's owner?

Just so you know, it won't take the dog's owner too long to figure out you were the one who shot their dog with a paint gun. I would expect one of two things to happen: 1) The dog owner comes to your house and gives you the beating of your life. Since you were too scared to talk to him in the first place, I would imagine you couldn't defend yourself. 2) The dog owner calls the cops, and the cops pay you a little visit.

Since you have a child, and ride a road bike, I would imagine that you're over the age of 25...too old to pull crap like this.
Please read my post before posting...... I DID TALK TO THEM........ Do you F*CKERS READ?

J

JRB

MancilG said:
Please read my post before posting...... I DID TALK TO THEM........ Do you F*CKERS READ?
I read it, but now I feel like I think you are a jerk for YELLING at people. :D

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I would have done it too. actually i probably would have called animal control and had the dog picked up. Dogs running loose in a neighborhood is a bad idea for everyone involved.