Quantcast

And the hottest truck in 2006 will be?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
SkaredShtles said:
:stupid:

The old one was charmingly ugly. This one is an abomination.

SkaredShtles said:
Wow. I didn't think anything could get dumber looking than the Chevy Avalanche, but I think we may have a contender! :p
Someone's hitting the

a little early aintcha! :o: :blah:

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
SkaredShtles said:
Sombody has to attempt to disseminate the truth in today's society run amok. :blah:
Maybe you could try to disseminate the fact that your avatar looks like an sphincter explosion? :nuts:

Sorry thats weak, its all I have its early

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
that is really ugly....
i cannot imagine a middle aged mom driving that truck to soccer practice and waving from the window....

the ford truck, is pretty cool, very audi-esque...
is it gonna hit the market soon??

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
stoney98 said:
why do I want an audi - ford?
I"d rock the FJ in a second, but I'd get a new STi first.
Not the Yellow one, but the red one on the first page would have a STi for lunch. There have been strong rumors that it will be available in 2006/7 either as a replacement or in addition to the Lightning.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
N8 said:
Toyota pwn3s Ford any day.

Not in the truck market. I am speaking strictly from a sales and profitability stand point. Whichever YOU perceive is better is cool with me.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
stoney98 said:
The red one looks hot, but if you're getting a "sports truck" why not just get a sports car? Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot about the south.
America really needs to get over its obsession with big trucks, they're f'in retarded.
Like it or leave it. I have had fast sport compact cars, and now I own a SUV. A vehicle is to get you and your stuff from point a-b. You can fit more stuff in a truck then a sport compact. How much fun you have doing it is only secondary as far as I am concerned.(I did not always think that way)

murdock1084

Monkey
Mar 24, 2005
Lets just face the facts. The new FJ's should have Solid front and rear axels, have the same style straight 6 with a little more kick. The old style is awesome. I like the the rough lines better than the smooth lines. I mean my 71 is perfect I wouldnt go any newer or older.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Not in the truck market. I am speaking strictly from a sales and profitability stand point. Whichever YOU perceive is better is cool with me.

I am talking from a reliablity/capability standpoint.

The standpoint that shows why Ford and GM are floundering.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
N8 said:
I am talking from a reliablity/capability standpoint.

The standpoint that shows why Ford and GM are floundering.
Even Floundering F150 and other light truck sales for FORD seriously kills Toyota volume wise. I cant find the stat now, but I believe if F150 was it's own brand (ie Toyota, Nissan etc) It would be the 6th (rings in my head) largest brand world wide.. Ford touts that stat all the time in company info..

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
murdock1084 said:
Lets just face the facts. The new FJ's should have Solid front and rear axels, have the same style straight 6 with a little more kick. The old style is awesome. I like the the rough lines better than the smooth lines. I mean my 71 is perfect I wouldnt go any newer or older.

Yeah, those little Toy Bandeirante from S. America were cool. But thanks to all the enviromental and safety restrictions now enforce in the US market, the New FJ is what we have to choose from.

Info: http://www.vintageoffroad.com/nav.cfm?id=47

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Even Floundering F150 and other light truck sales for FORD seriously kills Toyota volume wise. I cant find the stat now, but I believe if F150 was it's own brand (ie Toyota, Nissan etc) It would be the 6th (rings in my head) largest brand world wide.. Ford touts that stat all the time in company info..

Make sense... sorta.

The typical Ford needs replacement in 5 years opposed to a Toy which lasts 10-15 years.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
personally, i hope its not a hot truck. im getting on next summer when my ZJ is paid off and i dont want to see them jacked way over MSRP just because it looks cool.

fyi, pricing has been slated to start around 20k for a rwd mt job. nicely equipted 4x4 with lockers for around 27k. they are going to try and price it under then TJ unlimted rubis and the xterras.
the hoseable interior sold it for me. dirty bikes and smelly dogs do not work well with upholstered interiors. lockers, 6 speed, 270hp 4.0, 20mpg, and BFG ATs were just bonuses

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
stoney98 said:
America really needs to get over its obsession with big trucks, they're f'in retarded.
Unless you're using them for what they're intended for....Towing, farming....etc...

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
luken8r said:
personally, i hope its not a hot truck. im getting on next summer when my ZJ is paid off and i dont want to see them jacked way over MSRP just because it looks cool.

fyi, pricing has been slated to start around 20k for a rwd mt job. nicely equipted 4x4 with lockers for around 27k. they are going to try and price it under then TJ unlimted rubis and the xterras.
the hoseable interior sold it for me. dirty bikes and smelly dogs do not work well with upholstered interiors. lockers, 6 speed, 270hp 4.0, 20mpg, and BFG ATs just sealed the deal

Toy lockers are sweet! I've seen a stocker 4Runner with street tires climb some sh!t with the locker.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
They're more profitable because Ford makes them cheaply, which is why they fall apart within a few years... Skimp on quality to increase profit margins and you get the reputation that Ford and GM have...