Quantcast

And they wonder why countries don't want to fight alongside the US

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I don't read Canada's news everyday anymore, but a quick google seems to show that 5 of the 32 Canadians killed in Afghanistan were killed by US Forces.

That's what you get for not loving Jesus enough, Canada.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
How in God's name do you strafe friendlies in an A-10? You're only going 10 mph...

Unless it's like...night.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
All the news outlets are running stories with headlines "US jets strafe / kill Canadians" -Except one.

In Fox News land, "NATO Planes Accidentally Kill Canadian Soldier"

:rolleyes:

Random

Chimp
Aug 14, 2001
Joplin, MO
Well both headlines are correct. It was a US plane under NATO command. Quote from NATO
Two ISAF aircraft provided the support but regrettably engaged friendly forces during a strafing run, using cannons

Random

Chimp
Aug 14, 2001
Joplin, MO
I am bored here at work so I went to foxnew.com to see their headline for the article
Canadian Soldier Dies in U.S. Air Raid in Afghanistan
I guess they had the other one earlier
But i gotta say that foxnews has got to be the worst webpage to try and find stuff. The layout just sucks.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I was reading up on the A-10 yesterday on Wiki... cool stuff. Cannon produces so much reverse thrust that the engines have to automatically increase in power to compensate for its recoil. It can put 100 rounds in a 30 foot circle from a mile away and can take out a Main battle tank with as little as 6 direct hits (not hard when it fires 70 rounds per second).

Apart from the badass gun... It can fly with 1 engine, hydrolic failure, 1.5 wings left and a tailfin blown completely off. It can also land while its gear is stuck in the closed position because the wheels potrude slightly from underneath when retracted. It has a giant Ti bathtub surrounding the pilot that is 6% of its unmanned weight alone. Basically the thing is designed to get the pilot home even when totally FUBR.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I was reading up on the A-10 yesterday on Wiki... cool stuff. Cannon produces so much reverse thrust that the engines have to automatically increase in power to compensate for its recoil. It can put 100 rounds in a 30 foot circle from a mile away and can take out a Main battle tank with as little as 6 direct hits (not hard when it fires 70 rounds per second).

Apart from the badass gun... It can fly with 1 engine, hydrolic failure, 1.5 wings left and a tailfin blown completely off. It can also land while its gear is stuck in the closed position because the wheels potrude slightly from underneath when retracted. It has a giant Ti bathtub surrounding the pilot that is 6% of its unmanned weight alone. Basically the thing is designed to get the pilot home even when totally FUBR.
Maybe it needs better windscreen wipers?

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
I'd say your A10 pilots flying on the deck at 80mph need to open their eyes. Last call is up to them. :bonk:
Or maybe roll down their tinted windows to have a look before they fire, and shut of the stereo playing Michael Bolton on max volume so they can consentrate.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Emotional? No. Maintaining an iota of decency? Yes.

That post was just waaaaaaay below par, Burly. As you were soldier...
My apologies then. I am shameless and thought everyone in pawned was about the same. :biggrin:

One of my best friends is a canadian...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
meh... just shocked and awed with the lack of taste and/or comedic value.

If it's gonna be in bad taste, at least make it funny. N8 chimed in way too fast for it to actually be funny, dontcha think?

In the end, just surprised i spose...

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
I've never made light of the deaths of American soldiers. Never will.

Can't laugh with ya for sneering at Canadian soldiers dying, whatever the cause.

Just ain't the slightest bit funny.

Never has been, never will be.