Andrew Neethlings sick new ride.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
dump said:
nice stem
:thumb:

Funny, an E.13 stem but he's not riding their signature product - the chainguide, or at the very least, bashguard?

Is he sponsered by E.13 or did he just get a new toy to thrash on for a little R&D? I realize he's sponsered by Truvativ which is why he's running that stuff, just think it's interesting since E.13 basically only has one product to give sponsered riders.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
konastab01 said:
What stem is that hes running??

binary visions says it's an E.13.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
binary visions said:
Funny, an E.13 stem but he's not riding their signature product - the chainguide, or at the very least, bashguard?

Is he sponsered by E.13 or did he just get a new toy to thrash on for a little R&D? I realize he's sponsered by Truvativ which is why he's running that stuff, just think it's interesting since E.13 basically only has one product to give sponsered riders.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
GravityFreakTJ said:
2006 Boxxer WC sub six lbs...damn :thumb:

sub6 lbs i think thats a bit too little weight, hope im wrong but i would expect it to be 6,5lbs

does anyone know if maxle will be standard on all boxxers? (would make a lot of sense!)

why no head badge? any particular reason?

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
vitox said:
sub6 lbs i think thats a bit too little weight, hope im wrong but i would expect it to be 6,5lbs
they claim 5.9lbs...we'll have to see once they become available to the public.

vitox said:
does anyone know if maxle will be standard on all boxxers? (would make a lot of sense!)
From what I've been told...yes

vitox said:
why no head badge? any particular reason?
remember...Turner DHR's head badges are embossed on the head tube.

BTW: Andrew's DHR is pretty damn slick!! :thumb:

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
kidwoo said:
Oh......and how do you get deemax hubs into that frame?
you're right, howd he do that!!! omg omg omg omg??

seriously, does anyone know, id like to be able to buy a set of wheels aka deemax that'll last me a long focking time for my dhr

but now i want a white one, atually ive wanted a white one since bizutch and his boys got their's this year!!!

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
kidwoo said:
Oh......and how do you get deemax hubs into that frame?
Look at the front hub........I don't think they are Deemax hubs, just the rims.

Either way it's a sick ride. He should still just run a SRS instead of that Truvativ bash junk. They'd hook him up with a white one too so it isn't all that special. He's already off running Hayes brakes so SRAM/Truvativ can't be that big as most pro's bikes sponsered by them run everything they make. Then again though shimano never "blackboxed" anything, atleast lately.

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
one of the iron horse reps at diablo has the air fork, and he says it does weigh sub 6 and is a very good fork apparently.....but howcome the new dhrs dont have the round tubes...

dondon

Monkey
Some answers.
Honda Turner is sponsored by Hadley and Mavic. Mavic like to have their top riders on their program running the highly recognizable yellow Dee Max stickered rim. It is simply a new style 823 - 32 hole laced to some sweet hadleys. Just like Minnaar has his yellow rims laced to some custom honda hubs.
As for the E-13 stem - it is their new IS direct mount stem for the boxxer. Andrew is particular on ride height and cock pit set up that is why he is running that. Thanks DW.
Boxxer is using new maxel system, no pinch bolts pretty trick and easy to use. Being sponsored by Rockshox/Sram/Truvativ does not mean you HAVE to run Avid. Look at Ironhorse, April Lawyer and others.
Hope this all helps

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
hey don...tell needles jsut cause he paints his frame white to be like us, he's not automatically on our team. He's not in our budget but we'll consider it for next year... :sneaky:

Oh, and don't you guys worry about that pretty white bash guard...in about 3 days it will be about the color of hemp....and the frame too.....or did he get white to be "bi-coastal"??? :D

seriously though...looks sharp. I'd beg to sit on it but my booty would break the seattower, I've gotten so fat.

dondon

Monkey
Ha - you may remeber that way back in 2002 we ran white bikes. Our current black bikes are all annodized black - but as is customary for worlds we like to have special set ups - that is different to the rest of the year - so we stand out. Plus it just looked plain sick with the 2006 Boxxer which he just got. It still has the ltd. custom Honda Red DHR sticker kit.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
dondon said:
Ha - you may remeber that way back in 2002 we ran white bikes. Our current black bikes are all annodized black - but as is customary for worlds we like to have special set ups - that is different to the rest of the year - so we stand out. Plus it just looked plain sick with the 2006 Boxxer which he just got. It still has the ltd. custom Honda Red DHR sticker kit.
HAR HAR! You mean the exact same ones we had that year....Yeah, here was our conversation with Greg in a nutshell in'02:
"We want to run all white DHR's this year. The Filz Bilt M-1's last year in all white really stood out." Greg said something like :"Cool, yeah that will be great. Nobody else will have DHR's in that color."

Then Rob posted one of your DHR's on RM with some title about "DHR team only"...and I posted mine in another thread at the same time.

Apparently Casey had the same conversation with you guys but Casey and Greg never had that conversation with one another.
So we'll never knew who had 'em first :love: :love:
If it's any consolation, you guys are better funded.

Sgt Brown

Monkey
Feb 19, 2002
Trabuco Canyon, CA
bizutch said:
HAR HAR! You mean the exact same ones we had that year....Yeah, here was our conversation with Greg in a nutshell in'02:
"We want to run all white DHR's this year. The Filz Bilt M-1's last year in all white really stood out." Greg said something like :"Cool, yeah that will be great. Nobody else will have DHR's in that color."

Then Rob posted one of your DHR's on RM with some title about "DHR team only"...and I posted mine in another thread at the same time.

Apparently Casey had the same conversation with you guys but Casey and Greg never had that conversation with one another.
So we'll never knew who had 'em first :love: :love:
If it's any consolation, you guys are better funded.
Ah we had em first, and Greg F'd up....;) lol....

To be more specific.. Mine was the first, and it was a test.. Casey called me up the second they assembled it and told me how sick it was. They didn't want to do white. They thought it would detract from the frames lines.. I guess great minds think alike..

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
is it actually a painted frame, or like the production models is it painted then covered with those thick graphic stickers....

Ratfink

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
SoCal
acair422 said:
is it actually a painted frame, or like the production models is it painted then covered with those thick graphic stickers....
The frame is powder coated white. The graphics are one of our red sticker kits that Andrew modified.