Quantcast

^^AnotherDerp^^

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The good news is my "new" computer is even smaller than I thought. The bad news is the faceplate I bought for it is for the slightly larger version. :rofl:

SFF (small form factor) vs USFF (ultra small form factor) No returns on the $8 faceplate, usff faceplate was $12. Total cost is $71. Still need to pick up wireless keyboard/mouse and ssd. I'll have it up this weekend, yay.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The good news is my "new" computer is even smaller than I thought. The bad news is the faceplate I bought for it is for the slightly larger version. :rofl:

SFF (small form factor) vs USFF (ultra small form factor) No returns on the $8 faceplate, usff faceplate was $12. Total cost is $71. Still need to pick up wireless keyboard/mouse and ssd. I'll have it up this weekend, yay.
New used? Your computer is going to double in cost after the SSD and keyboard additions. :busted:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I was just going to ask, did you sell the MP3?
It was stolen back in New York and replaced with a Kawasaki Versys. That took me around Long Island for a few years and then was sold for ~$250 less than I paid for it prior to kid #1 making her entrance.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It was stolen back in New York and replaced with a Kawasaki Versys. That took me around Long Island for a few years and then was sold for ~$250 less than I paid for it prior to kid #1 making her entrance.
That's right, I recall the timeline now. I don't recall the theft, I do recall the switch.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
New used? Your computer is going to double in cost after the SSD and keyboard additions. :busted:
$75 for a 240GB and the keyboard/mouse is $25, so yes. But complete they are $250+ with a 250GB crap drive and only 2 or 4GB of memory. This one had 16gb (max for this chassis) and I wanted to upgrade to ssd anyway. I still need to find an ok low profile video card (another $50) but the reality is this will be an ok machine for minimal cost. It will be WAY faster than the wifes old laptop and the usff chassis takes up very little space in the rack.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I don't know why this is a surprise, I've never said anything but. Fucking a fat chick shame aside, I loved that thing, I don't care what anybody says. Most fun I've had on two wheels. It was 125 CC's, got 100mpg, would do 70mph, accelerated shockingly fast in traffic, and required a valid motorcycle endorsement.
In my lifetime I rocked a moped from 12 to 16 because you did not need a license, when living in downtown Denver I rode a series of used scooters because paying for parking was not something I could afford. Plus I was a big fan of the Jam and thought I was cool. :)

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
A slime fest was had this afternoon (range cattle were tearing up the ground so why the hell shouldn't I join in the fun) the Maxxis Minions hooked up so well that I was able to climb though all but two of the mud bogs (almost made both) and coming back down was a giggle fest

mix of mud. grass and cow shit....I love shitting myself in the afternoon...

took and hour to clean all that sticky goo off the bike