Quantcast

any chance for....

Hamburgler

Chimp
Aug 25, 2004
ok, diablo isint like whistler. they dont wana be like whistler. they try to be different thats the point.
whistler has set the standard, and many of the features at diablo are exaclty the same just scaled down (ex: dominion - a line). don't forget that mountain creek and whistler are both owned by intrawest.

Hamburgler

Chimp
Aug 25, 2004
No, and no one said they are trying to copy whistler. But to say "diablo isnt like whistler" and "they are trying to be different" is crazy when pretty much all this slopestyle business being incorporated into a MTB lift mountain...most likely using (the success of) whistler as a gold standard.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Ok, whatever is the case, you know everyone loves and wants to go to whistler. All I know is that I love to ride, and if there's something that will improve that experience a good deal, even though I'm all but 17, I will pay for it. It's not all about being different either.

Do you really think people are going to think "I'm not going to diablo, I'm going to whistler instead, because diablo has jumps that look like whistler, and whistler's are better." Ok that sounds ridiculous, but that's what it sounds your working off of Foxrox. I just want a fun place to ride, I already have to commute 2 1/2 hours to get there, then pay $36 for a lift ticket, sure it's expensive, but I'm willing to pay. That said, it's not about copying or being different, it's about giving the riders a community a place to ride, and some fun things to ride on, and diablo is just a business open to it that can make it happen.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
foxrox, that table can be cleared u just need to boost more off the lip and that wallride probably would not help anyway i dont think anybody rides the tip top of the sram berm anyway, i stay pretty low

Hamburgler

Chimp
Aug 25, 2004
No way... have you seen a-line. nothing like dominions. And I thought park logic ran diablo, intrawest owns the mountain. That would mean Intrawest has nothing to do with trail planning besides approval.
Nothing like it? How? Is it not the same basic idea? Long run full of tables/doubles etc. Its the same concept, with size difference.

Intrawest owns both, whistler has "gravitylogic" and diablo has "parklogic"

Last edited:

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
Diablo is a toned down version of Whistler, why on earth would they not want to make themselves more like the most popular place to ride?

Instigatr

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
New Milford, NJ
... And Whistler actually encourages other mountain operations to come up to their place and they will show you how to build jumps, trails, etc. They figure promoting their operation around North America is good for the sport, good for them.

phloedix

Chimp
May 8, 2008
TRENTON
not to mention.... i think whistler is kinda far to drive every weekend. so if diablo does or does not copy, who cares. im not planning on going to whistler any time soon. so the 2 hour drive to diablo every week is fine by me.

Instigatr

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
New Milford, NJ
not to mention.... i think whistler is kinda far to drive every weekend. so if diablo does or does not copy, who cares. im not planning on going to whistler any time soon. so the 2 hour drive to diablo every week is fine by me.
True. If someone has a problem with "our" park copycating another park 3000 miles away, well then consider yourself lucky to be riding 2 great parks...