Quantcast

Any Draft Dodgers out there?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Think about this, I just went out to the mail box, found that The federal Gov reveiwed and auditted my tax return. I just got a check for 1017 dollars. Somethings are good about the gov, some are not. SUck it up and sign up
Yea, I just love it when the government does me the grand favor of returning money I worked for. :crazy:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Thats kind of where I'm coming from... being morally opposed to something that isn't likely to happen is a waste of time - no rebel points. :plthumbsdown:

exactly...there will never be another draft so why are you trying to avoid something that will never happen?...D

dayid

Chimp
Nov 15, 2007
Central FL
It's a crime to not sign up. It's not technically only a problem for school, etc. They can show up at your door and arrest you if you did not sign up.

...you *can* always register, and check the conscientious objector box... you won't get drafted regardless, but that helps guarantee it.

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
Eldredge Cleaver did some of his best work from Jail.
So did Hitler.

You'll be in good company.

Yes, they take it sort of personal with regard to the whole Patriot Act thing if you try it.

strangeland2

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
masshole
What a bunch of whiny drivel. When did American teens become such a bunch of pussies?

That would be during the Vietnam War. Protesting is for pvssies.

**edit** I almost forgot. I turned 18 in boot camp. My parents got the letters delivered to there house saying something about me not registering for the draft. They finally ended up sending the card or whatever it is to me while i was in bootcamp. I wasnt going to sign it out of principle since I already enlisted and was in boot camp. I decided being arrested while enlisted would have just been retarded so I gave in and signed it.

I think if you dont agree with something breaking the law isnt going to help you at all. If you want to change things illegal actions arent the answer. Kind of like those tax evaders from NH. I dont agree with income tax but Im not going to keep it and then after Im prosecuted tell them to prove I broke a law... Thats retarded.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Does not being in the military somehow make my opinion less valid? Please explain.
When the you're calling people whining pvssys for not signing up for possible conscripted military service during a war, then yes; having been in the military makes your opinion more valid. Having actually been shot at (declared war or not) doubly so. Having not been in the military, while doing so = hypocrite.

Just say'n.

And yes, I was in the military. While I wasn't in a declared war, for a large portion of the time I was in I was doing very dangerous operations.

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
There's not going to be another draft.
There's not time left for that.

China, 2015, landing in CA and heading due east.
Rent Red Dawn, and then start getting your ammo and canned food together.

Or there's the impending Zombie-pocalypse.

Either way, you're fvcked.
Why go to the pokey with pookie in the interim?

SlapheadMofo

Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Westminster MA
Well, I gotta admire your principals nat. My opinion's changed a lot since I'm old now, but I used to be a lot more down on the ol' US of A than I am these days, so I can see where your coming from. On the other hand, my dad, grand-dad and numerous uncles who are vets say you should sign up like the rest of us or get the **** out of the house. :bonk:

Also, I'm no expert, but looks like they consider you draftable well into your 30's (saw something that said 42 may be a possibility?). Less likely to get called I'm sure, but it would seem many of us are still candidates, specially if it's someone in the medical field. Chumofo is remarkably well medicated, so he's just at much at risk as you, if not more. :biggrin:

FriedRys

Monkey
May 21, 2007
On the losing end of a wishbone
When the you're calling people whining pvssys for not signing up for possible conscripted military service during a war, then yes; having been in the military makes your opinion more valid. Having actually been shot at (declared war or not) doubly so. Having not been in the military, while doing so = hypocrite.

Just say'n.

And yes, I was in the military. While I wasn't in a declared war, for a large portion of the time I was in I was doing very dangerous operations.
That is complete bull****, by your logic, you are a hypocrite for opposing the draft yet having served. I am merely advocating doing exactly what all the rest of us have done in the exact same circumstances.

Hell, if anything, he is less likely to be called, he is a college student and a CO. He's fretting over something that doesn't exist.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
I am morally opposed to the draft, to the point of C.O. status.

I turned 18 a few months ago, and have gotten my first selective service letter. I do not want to participate in a system I don't agree with, so I am considering refusing to sign up.

Has anyone done this? I've done a bit of reading, and prosecution seems unbelievably unlikely, but I would love to hear from others who have done the same.
FVcking Communist

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Don't let the lemmings and sheep here dissuade you from not signing up for a system that you feel is wrong.
Stand up for what YOU think is right, not what these simpletons think is right.
It's unpopular, going against the grain, but in the end you are the only one that has to live with your decisions. :cheers:

And for me it comes down to this: Are YOU all and your lifestyles worth my life? NO. Sorry, I like you all but I am not dying for you, or your families.

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
I am morally opposed to the draft, to the point of C.O. status.

I turned 18 a few months ago, and have gotten my first selective service letter. I do not want to participate in a system I don't agree with, so I am considering refusing to sign up.

Has anyone done this? I've done a bit of reading, and prosecution seems unbelievably unlikely, but I would love to hear from others who have done the same.

Then Move YOUR ASS out of the U.S.A!!, but I did dodge the Draft by Signing up over 22 years ago and just retired in Sept of 06!

Let me add just a few more things, I think that we should be like Russia and Isral, and have a manditory enlistment for ALL 18 year old, or high school Graduates to serve two years ,and then you can get out, or stay in!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Then Move YOUR ASS out of the U.S.A!!, but I did dodge the Draft by Signing up over 22 years ago and just retired in Sept of 06!

Let me add just a few more things, I think that we should be like Russia and Isral, and have a manditory enlistment for ALL 18 year old, or high school Graduates to serve two years ,and then you can get out, or stay in!
Sure thing, Dubya. You "if you don't like it, move" boneheads crack me up.

"Citizenship for service!"

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I think that it should be like the Mormons (only not as weird) and require each person to do 2 years of civil service. Not necessarily military service, but volunteer cop/fire, work for the forestry service, habitat for humanity, parks and rec, do something!

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
Go read the book Starship Troopers.

Not the movie. Read the book. That's an ideal society.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal

The military is probably the safest place for you. :crazy:

And the really funny thing is that you would probably have gotten severly pissed off 20 years ago if someone looked at you and said "We should be like Russia!".

At least we know that military brainwas- I mean "training" works!

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
That is complete bull****, by your logic, you are a hypocrite for opposing the draft yet having served. I am merely advocating doing exactly what all the rest of us have done in the exact same circumstances.

Hell, if anything, he is less likely to be called, he is a college student and a CO. He's fretting over something that doesn't exist.

I'm surprised you can even spell logic, because you clearly don't know what it is. Also, I never said I opposed the draft, nor that I supported the draft.

I only attempted to reply to your question as to why not being in the military would make your opinion less valid. The subject is signing up for forced military service, having been in the military does make someone's opinion more valid. Period. As far as actually dodging the draft, for how to apply for CO status there are plenty of valid opinion holders.

But calling someone with legitimate issues a whiner for not wanting to sigh up for a possible draft, when you've never served, is a cheap chicken sh!t post. Just a guess, You're too probably too young for 'nam and probably old enough you don't have actually worry about getting called up f we did have a draft. You signed your SSS card when there was not even an outside chance of being called up, so it took no thought at all to sign it and put in the mail. So you don't really have anything to be proud of, and don't really have a foot to stand on when you call other people whiners for not signing up.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Don't let the lemmings and sheep here dissuade you from not signing up for a system that you feel is wrong.
Stand up for what YOU think is right, not what these simpletons think is right.
It's unpopular, going against the grain, but in the end you are the only one that has to live with your decisions. :cheers:

And for me it comes down to this: Are YOU all and your lifestyles worth my life? NO. Sorry, I like you all but I am not dying for you, or your families.
Out of all seriousness......................GET THE FU*K OUT OF THIS COUNTRY!!!!!! You really don't belong here if you're not willing to fight for it. Our brave solders give their lives so you can live in the best place in the world, you should be very thankful..............F'n Hippie:plthumbsdown::disgust1::disgust1::mad:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Out of all seriousness......................GET THE FU*K OUT OF THIS COUNTRY!!!!!! You really don't belong here if you're not willing to fight for it. Our brave solders give their lives so you can live in the best place in the world, you should be very thankful..............F'n Hippie:plthumbsdown::disgust1::disgust1::mad:
wow...Brian were you in the service??....D

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I dont have to be military to agree with this responce, Like i said a few times, I didnt WANT to go to war, so I didnt sign up for the military, But I did sign for the draft, Were I dont want to go, If My country needs me to help defend it, Im there. I am willing to fight for my country, and I have Much respect for Our troops who are volunteering to fight as it is.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I dont have to be military to agree with this responce, Like i said a few times, I didnt WANT to go to war, so I didnt sign up for the military, But I did sign for the draft, Were I dont want to go, If My country needs me to help defend it, Im there. I am willing to fight for my country, and I have Much respect for Our troops who are volunteering to fight as it is.
So by "defend your country" do you include illegally invading sovereign nations thousands of miles away? Because if the US ever needs another draft, it would probably be due to this.

Stepping up to defend your country is one thing, being sent overseas at the whim of a president with imperialistic tendencies is another.

Food for thought.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i hate to break it to you, but our brave soldiers haven't been fighting in a war to guarantee our freedoms for over 140 years.