Quantcast

any metal heads here

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
Pop in some old school Pantera. I just revisited them the other day. Good stuff. The new Foo Fighters is good. I agree with the System of a down, good as well.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Iron maiden- Aces high, # of the beast, man on the edge, trooper, 2 minutes to midnight, new frontiere, dance of death, gates of tommorrow, montsegur, run to the hills
Black Sabath- good songs: sabra cadabra, children of the grave, a national acrobat (the end is really cool), Neon Nights (one of my favorite)

Alice in Chains

Universe

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Courtenay, BC
Meshuggah
Strapping Young Lad
Soilwork
Necrophagist
The Haunted
Damageplan
Dark Tranquility
Lamb of God
Nevermore
Terror 2000
Unearth
Opeth

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I haven't heard of any of those. I listin to ghenerally older metal. I also like rage against the machine a lot, rancid, AC/DC, dead kennedys, Led zeppelin, the ramones, creme, etc.

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
Can't say I'm much of a fan of "New Metal" [the genre], but might I suggest the realm of Stoner Rock. Heavy with Groove and accentuates Flow like a SpeedBall. The latest Clutch [Blast Tyrant] is top notch, as well as Corrosion of Conformity's newest [In the Arms of God]. If you must indulge your spastic nature, there is always High On Fire.

Edit: Activator [Both Barrels] is also on my current top list.

Jun 18, 2004
Unearth, Ill Nino, Soul Fly, Prong, Project 86, Demonhunter, Slip Knot, Monster Magnet, 'Sabbath, Blue Cheer... all of these are progressive metal/hardcore/metalcore... don't forget about Metal Church... Str8outtaAberdeen...

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Me, Universe, and PNJ are known to be the resident metal heads. We all listen to some of the same stuff yet disagree on some others... 3" of blood for example.... haha.

One great way for a good sampling (and a pretty cheap one too), is to get down to hot Topic and buy one of their "metal for the masses, or contaminated" cd's. There usually 7-9 bucks, and are 2 disk cd's with TONS of good stuff, and some crap.

some of the stuff im diging these days:
Mudvayne (older stuff)
Shadows fall
God forbid
In flames
Mastodon
High on fire
Superjoint Ritual (pantera singers new band)
kill Switch engage
Bongzilla
Soilent Green
Dillenger Escape plan
Arch Enemy
Today is the Day
Burnt By the sun
3" of blood

i'll also plug one of the monkeys here and the stuff from lovelost records (see the sig of thesacrifice)

plus the stuff that universe said.....

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
I run a metal record label, feel free to check out anything and everything

some sample mp3s can be found here

http://www.hxcmp3.com/bands/222

my media player (have to hit play each time you advance a track) on the bottom of this page is kinda neat too
http://www.lovelostrecords.com/ (give that harlots track a listen, it gets crazy)
and lastly an mp3 from a band I have yet to upload http://www.myspace.com/theknifetrade

thanks for the plug Oly

I'm on AIM ( LLthesacrificeLL ) pretty often if you guys need a fix of underground, but great, stuff

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Mastodon and High on Fire for sure. Great stuff to listen to as you load up your battle horse and prepare to meet the oncoming hordes in a bloodbath at dawn. (That's what I get out of it anyway)

Some older stuff that may be new to you:

Eyehategod
Killing Joke
Melvins - "Ozma" or "Stoner Witch" are great riding/driving records.
The Entombed
Masters of Reality (the band, not the Sabbath album)
Godflesh
Buzzoven
O.L.D.
Celtic Frost
Onslaught (the album "Power From Hell" is classic)
Venom
The Obsessed
Amebix

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Wow.

I just went and read the whole thread and counted -

I've met at least 20 of the bands listed, and many are good friends.

I'm old.
:(

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
Slayer
Death
King Diamond (A precious story for your X-C/road rides)
Manowar
Gwar
Nile
Sepultura (Max Cavalera era)
Deacide

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
Some good bedtime music: Carcass, Napalm Death, Godflesh, Crash Worship,.....how about speedmetal: SOD, MOD, Anthrax

anybody ever heard of Macabre, man they were good.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
two1 said:
Slayer
Death
King Diamond (A precious story for your X-C/road rides)
Manowar
Gwar
Nile
Sepultura (Max Cavalera era)
Deacide

King D, but no merciful fate?? And you call yourself a metal head???? :)

So many good bands! I could spend a whole day writing a list......

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Hey all us OLYMPIA metalers need to get together for a little beer drinking bike working metal music night...... I know a guy with the place to do it.... :)

Bikecrasher

Monkey
Sep 24, 2002
Tacoma, Wa
Lots of good bands these days.
Lamb of God
Strapping Young Lad (great show 2 weeks ago in Seattle)
Fear Factory
Spineshank
Mushroomhead
Mastodon
Static X
GWAR
Kittie

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I personally am fond of "Killswitch Engaged" and "American Head Charge" It's loud and fast. My mix CD of them is called "the shuttle mix" cuz it's what I listen to when I go riding.

my two cents