Quantcast

any metal heads here

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I listened to The Obsessed again this weekend after not hearing it for a few years. Good shtuff.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Some other goods as i go through my 4000+ music files....:

The Black Dahlia Murder (lovelost guys i think...)
Brujeria
Trivium
Fantomas (patton-faith no more, buz-melvins, dave lombardo-slayer, Trevor Dunn- bungle?) Not for most people......
GoatsBlood
GoatSnake
The Hope Conspiricy
ISIS
Into the Moat
Javelin Reign

From the metal for the masses Cd sampler....
Bloodbath
Dark Tranquility
Heaven shal burn
Glass Casket
Devilunside
Mnemic
Behemoth
Incantation
Immolation
Impaled
Immortal
Carnal Forge
Darkane
Soilwork
Dimu Borigir

Contaminated sampler:
Skinless
Burst
Exhumed
Disfear
Dying Fetus
Nasum
Pig Destroyer
Cryptic Slaughter -old school!

i left out the already mentioned bands that were on those cd samplers best i could.... (shadows fall, meshuggah, in flames, ect...)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
oly said:

GoatSnake
I had high hopes on this, but after we played with them in LA I was less than impressed. I dunno, maybe they had a bad night, but they seemed bored with the music they were playing.

Meh.

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
oly said:
King D, but no merciful fate?? And you call yourself a metal head???? :)

So many good bands! I could spend a whole day writing a list......
Well theoretically I could on for days about King D's previous bands seeing as how the King is like 200 years old now or so he says! Your right though, I forgot alot. I surrender my spot on the Metal council!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
two1 said:
Well theoretically I could on for days about King D's previous bands seeing as how the King is like 200 years old now or so he says! Your right though, I forgot alot. I surrender my spot on the Metal council!
Its Ok, that bit of trivia saved your seat.... haha. I think i need to listen to some tonight now that im thinking of it.....

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
oly said:

The Black Dahlia Murder (lovelost guys i think...)
Into the Moat
A Javelin Reign
all 3 lovelost hehe

my contribution to this thread

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME and MISERY INDEX (ex Dying Fetus)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
oly said:
Grr,,,,, not going to make that one.... but give a shout here if you ever play seattle/tacoma/Olympia/PDX.... i'd love to see you guys again. Your still on my top list of bands that ive seen the most..... back in the mid 90's in Portland.
Dernit, we just played Seattle a few months ago.

Meh.

SuperSlow

Monkey
May 18, 2004
Bellingham
WOW king diamond is f'n rad..... I would highly suggest other good new ones from this thread strapping young lad, between the buried and me, merciful fate ...sweet thanks guys

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
glad you liked BTBAM... here's a few more

Aborted, Decapitated, The Red Chord, Himsa (from seattle), Beyond The Sixth Seal, Nightrage, Arsis, Despised Icon

Universe

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Courtenay, BC
Dog Faced Gods - can be hard to find
Old Mans Child - features Gene H on one album \m/
Spiral Architecht - odd
Candiria
Emperor
Andromeda

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
you want EPIC metal to ride to?
Amon Amarth... all the way- listen to Runes to My Memory
Norther
Ministry
Arch Enemy
Dragonforce :)
GraveWorm
FinnTroll- "Polka- Metal", kinda cheesy but good
The Kovenant
DEATHSTARS- Download the track "Cyanide"

Jun 18, 2004
Forced Entry
DRI
Lamb of God
Slayer
Sepultura
Soul Fly
Static-X
TchKung
Slipknot
S.O.D.
I remember Forced Entry... I showed up at Dorfo's ramp to skate it in '86 or something like that and nobody was home exept there was a band playing in the shed...

I went in the shed and asked if I could skate the ramp and the Singer/bass player said his brother wasn't home...

I asked him the name of his band and he said Slayer... and I said we were listening to them on the way over... he didn't believe me because we looked like punkers...

yeah I grew up in Mountlake Terrace...

I like most of the bands you listed but now that I'm an old man I like the quiet also...

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
I remember Forced Entry... I showed up at Dorfo's ramp to skate it in '86 or something like that and nobody was home exept there was a band playing in the shed...
"as long as my arm and five times as thick, she'll die at the end of my iron ****"

I remember meeting a guy at a bike shop up on Roosevelt (Evergreen Cycles?) when we were like 12 or 13 ('82-83). He said he would sell us a 1/4 pipe for $50 but we had to come and pick it up.
We went up to MLT with my buddies dad in his old truck to get it.
It was instantly obvious that the ramp was going nowhere but the three guys at the house insisted it could be done. It took them all of about 5 minutes to turn it into firewood.
The three guys attemping to show us it could be done were bickering back and forth and the only thing I really remember was two of them saying to the other "f**k you Bissel" over and over again.
As soon as we got in thte truck and were leaving we started to laugh and didn't stop until we got home.
Good times.
Oh, either the ramp, the house the ramp was at or one of the three stooges had something to do with Forced Entry...

Jun 18, 2004
"as long as my arm and five times as thick, she'll die at the end of my iron ****"

I remember meeting a guy at a bike shop up on Roosevelt (Evergreen Cycles?) when we were like 12 or 13 ('82-83). He said he would sell us a 1/4 pipe for $50 but we had to come and pick it up.
We went up to MLT with my buddies dad in his old truck to get it.
It was instantly obvious that the ramp was going nowhere but the three guys at the house insisted it could be done. It took them all of about 5 minutes to turn it into firewood.
The three guys attemping to show us it could be done were bickering back and forth and the only thing I really remember was two of them saying to the other "f**k you Bissel" over and over again.
As soon as we got in thte truck and were leaving we started to laugh and didn't stop until we got home.
Good times.
Oh, either the ramp, the house the ramp was at or one of the three stooges had something to do with Forced Entry...
The singer/bass player for Forced Entry had an older brother... the ramp was his...

all of the older brothers buddies rode for the BombShelter and/or Zorlac... among thier group was Mike Ranquet who went on to be a pro snowboarder (and had a signiture Zorlac skate deck) and Curtis Head who competed in the Xgames in street luge...

back in the day I rode that ramp...

some of those guys still skate and I've run into them at the Ballard Bowl...

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
The singer/bass player for Forced Entry had an older brother... the ramp was his...

all of the older brothers buddies rode for the BombShelter and/or Zorlac... among thier group was Mike Ranquet who went on to be a pro snowboarder (and had a signiture Zorlac skate deck) and Curtis Head who competed in the Xgames in street luge...

back in the day I rode that ramp...

some of those guys still skate and I've run into them at the Ballard Bowl...
Bombshelter was right up above where REI is now right?
I grew up with Aaron Deeter and used to hang out with Alex Nameroff (sp) back in HS. Maybe you've never heard of them but I think Aaron went on to become a pretty famous skater. Alex got signed before Aaron but Aaron went farther.
I got out of skating before this all happened so I am not real sure what all happened?

Jun 18, 2004
Bombshelter was right up above where REI is now right?
I grew up with Aaron Deeter and used to hang out with Alex Nameroff (sp) back in HS. Maybe you've never heard of them but I think Aaron went on to become a pretty famous skater. Alex got signed before Aaron but Aaron went farther.
I got out of skating before this all happened so I am not real sure what all happened?
It was either Alex or Aaron that had a ramp in Shoreline... I rode it... this other guy named Chris Rey skated with them also... Chris and I both work at the same place now...

He used to ride with those guys also... he metions Alex, Aaron, Mike, Nills, and all of those guys from time to time... the Mike Ranquette Zorlac board in good shape is quite collectable...

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
It was either Alex or Aaron that had a ramp in Shoreline... I rode it... this other guy named Chris Rey skated with them also... Chris and I both work at the same place now...

He used to ride with those guys also... he metions Alex, Aaron, Mike, Nills, and all of those guys from time to time... the Mike Ranquette Zorlac board in good shape is quite collectable...
Aaron had the ramp. It was more Lake City/Olympic Hills than Shoreline though.
My buddy lived the other side of the block from Aaron. We had a 1/4 pipe for BMX. Aaron let him ride the 1/2 pipe ONCE on the BMX said when we crashed we would punch holes in the masonite?
Aaron, Alex, Carlos Dasilva, Eric Smiley, Dan Hawksworth (who incedently is the guy that sued Snoqualmie Pass and was one of the main reasons they shut summer operations, at least thats what I am told?).
I vaguley remember Nills (tall swede?). There were a bunch of guys that I remember just can't remember the names.