Quantcast

Any racers?

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
Race DH, Expert class. Ride to Live - Live to Ride. Can't imagine not racing... I love it! It should be illegal to have that much FUN!!!
the next 4-5 months are going to be hell waiting for next season to get here!!!:D

Yankee Tim

Chimp
Aug 21, 2001
Denison, TX
I just started racing this fall. I have now competed in two XC races so far. I'm hooked. It is so much fun.

I am currently racing in the Beginner class. I've finished mid pack in both of my races and am looking forward to competing in a lot more this coming spring.

With some more endurance training, losing a few more pounds, and a positive attitude I'm sure I'll continue to improve.

Good luck to all that race and have fun.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by Yankee Tim
I just started racing this fall. I have now competed in two XC races so far. I'm hooked. It is so much fun.

I am currently racing in the Beginner class. I've finished mid pack in both of my races and am looking forward to competing in a lot more this coming spring.

With some more endurance training, losing a few more pounds, and a positive attitude I'm sure I'll continue to improve.

Good luck to all that race and have fun.
are you racing in the dorba series?

Yankee Tim

Chimp
Aug 21, 2001
Denison, TX
Yeah, that's them.

I raced the two races this fall in the DORBA series. Erwin Park race and the Johnson Branch race.

I had a blast. I'm planning on trying some of the TMBRA spring races coming up next year.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Yeah, that's them.

I raced the two races this fall in the DORBA series. Erwin Park race and the Johnson Branch race.

I had a blast. I'm planning on trying some of the TMBRA spring races coming up next year.
sweet let me know which ones. I'm beginner too. 30-34.

Bike Mojo

Monkey
Jul 14, 2001
San Antonio, Texass
Try one, try them all. They are all good and fun in their own way.

From MUST DO's like Lajitas to Tyler. They are all fun.
http://www.tmbra.org/calendar/calendar.htm#2002

TMBRA Rocks!

Pencil in your calendar April 6th and 7th for the STORM Hill Country Challenge. This year we are doing up a full stage race with XC, Time Trials and a Dirt Crit. Not to mention the Downhill race (part of the Texas Downhill Series). Lotsa Racing.

This race will be one of the Must Do's for 2002!

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by Bike Mojo

Try one, try them all. They are all good and fun in their own way.

From MUST DO's like Lajitas to Tyler. They are all fun.
http://www.tmbra.org/calendar/calendar.htm#2002

TMBRA Rocks!

Pencil in your calendar April 6th and 7th for the STORM Hill Country Challenge. This year we are doing up a full stage race with XC, Time Trials and a Dirt Crit. Not to mention the Downhill race (part of the Texas Downhill Series). Lotsa Racing.

This race will be one of the Must Do's for 2002!
The Hill Country Challenge, i hear that's like a whole Mt Bike festival type thing, I'm there for that one!!!!!

Yankee Tim

Chimp
Aug 21, 2001
Denison, TX
Sounds like a lot of fun.

I'm not sure which races I'll attend yet. Maybe a couple or maybe more. Just depends on the what is going on at the time. Would like to go to as many as possible though.

I'm sure I'll be at the ones fairly close to Dallas. Bar H for example, maybe Tyler. Just have to wait and see.

I'll let you know which ones I plan on attending so I can meet you all.

Good luck.

Bike Mojo

Monkey
Jul 14, 2001
San Antonio, Texass
Sounds like a lot of fun.

I'm not sure which races I'll attend yet. Maybe a couple or maybe more. Just depends on the what is going on at the time. Would like to go to as many as possible though.

I'm sure I'll be at the ones fairly close to Dallas. Bar H for example, maybe Tyler. Just have to wait and see.

I'll let you know which ones I plan on attending so I can meet you all.

Good luck.
After this weekend (at Ruston, LA) I will have competed in all 13 TMBRA 2001 races. As I said before all are fun in their own way. Bar H is one of my favorite XC courses. Tyler is a motocross course with about a mile of singletrack. Not too exciting to ride but it did make for an interesting race. The hardest bit at Tyler was Hill #9....

Attachments

DEMON

Chimp
Sep 20, 2001
maple ridge b.c.
i race vet sport downhill (30 to 39) in mapleridge BC. with some good training this winter and a little lighter dh bike for 02 i hope to get into expert before the end of the 02 season.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
I did my first XC race in Oct 1991 and raced Sport class. I figured, "I've ridden for awhile - I'm no beginner..." Little did I know that there is a big difference between a beginner "rider" and a beginner "racer"... I still remember how much it hurt...

I did sporadic XC Sport races with mid-pack finishes for the next 8 years until I got into DH racing in '99. I took to DH racing with a vengeance, moving to Expert DH class towards the end of '99. During the 2000 season probably did more races than the previous years combined and continued into '01 racing a lot.

For the 2001 season, I started looking at XC racing again. I did the local Thurs night mtb race here in Philly regularly for training and really enjoyed it. I also discovered I can ride well against the better Sport racers.

So going into the 2002 season, I'm planning to hit a XC race or two. Although I still consider DH to be my strong side, there is a sense of accomplishment when finishing a XC race that I don't quite get from DH racing.

Goes full circle, eh?

I also like to ride the road as often as possible, but will pass on racing road.

mtbtuc8700

Chimp
Nov 14, 2001
CT
I race in WI, I wish there were more DS ad DH events though, but I am looking forward to the NORBA National here next June, I can't wait!

G

grommet

Hey Demon..we may be meeting up on the hill next season. Hopefully if I'm not out of town working all the time so I'll have some time to train and get my first year under my belt. DH and DS

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
Since I'm turning 40 next month, I race in the "old and in the way" classes in Downhill and 24 Endurance (solo, of course!), with a little road time trials thrown in for good measure (but on my good ole' regular road bike - none of that fancy stuff - newfangled things scare me!)

tammy

R

RideMonkey

Originally posted by psycle-on
Since I'm turning 40 next month, I race in the "old and in the way" classes in Downhill and 24 Endurance (solo, of course!), with a little road time trials thrown in for good measure (but on my good ole' regular road bike - none of that fancy stuff - newfangled things scare me!)

tammy
You do solo 24? Did you do any 24 hour races this year?

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
Yes, I did: Prolyte Challenge in NC; Adrenaline in Conyers, GA (this year and last year), and Snowshoe, WV

In addition, a 12-hour in Greenville, NC; and a 6-hour in Roanoke Rapids, NC

Plus, 5 other 12-hours in Roanoke Rapids last year.

I guess I either like to stretch moderate suffering over a long time period (endurance) or get really severe suffering over with very, very quickly (downhill) :p

tammy

R

RideMonkey

Hehe thats a funny combo: Solo 24 and DH. I am a newly afflicted 24 hour racing junkie. And I'd love to try DH!

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
They're both a rush in their own ways - I could never decide on which I enjoy more...so I guess I'll keep doing both (as long as my wallet holds out!)

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Yes, I did: Prolyte Challenge in NC; Adrenaline in Conyers, GA (this year and last year), and Snowshoe, WV

In addition, a 12-hour in Greenville, NC; and a 6-hour in Roanoke Rapids, NC

Plus, 5 other 12-hours in Roanoke Rapids last year.

I guess I either like to stretch moderate suffering over a long time period (endurance) or get really severe suffering over with very, very quickly (downhill) :p

tammy
You are the woman!!!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon

LOL! Both extremes!

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
Oh golly, don't get too excited - the closest I came to the podium in the 24 hours included a 2nd (before you congratulate me - that was out of 2 women) and a 4th (go ahead and clap, that was out of 6 women) - although I did win the one of the 12 hours, and beat about half the men in all but one of the endurance events; unfortunately, my downhill seasons haven't been so glorious - got to get over that "chicken factor" :eek:

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Oh golly, don't get too excited - the closest I came to the podium in the 24 hours included a 2nd (before you congratulate me - that was out of 2 women) and a 4th (go ahead and clap, that was out of 6 women) - although I did win the one of the 12 hours, and beat about half the men in all but one of the endurance events; unfortunately, my downhill seasons haven't been so glorious - got to get over that "chicken factor" :eek:
Yah, but you gotta realize that most people are scared to just try those endurance events. It takes a lot of mind power and physical training just to complete those events. It means skipping fun rides sometimes for training rides, and doing another lap of the local course when your friends stop and go drink beer.:D

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
What ever. I'm impressed with anyone who makes the commitment to do one solo whether they complete 1 lap or 50:monkey:

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
Thanks - you're right, though, committing to do it is actually half the battle (the other half is not biting your support person's head off when he tells you to "get back out there and ride - your competitors are"!!!)

Now if I could just convince myself to commit to the drops, etc., on the downhill courses...

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Thanks - you're right, though, committing to do it is actually half the battle (the other half is not biting your support person's head off when he tells you to "get back out there and ride - your competitors are"!!!)

LOL! You're right, I'm surprised that my support crew keeps signing on for more abuse!

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
Mine pretty much has to - he married me!!!

Plus, he's the BEST mechanic/chef/masseuse/inspiration therapist/doggie babysitter (the puppies have to come with us - moral support, y'know) :thumb:

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Did my first race about two years ago...
The Downievill Classic.

Then, last year I did a few more.
Seaotter DS and DH (Sport)
&
Bass Lake 007

Next Year, It's all ON!!!