Quantcast

Anyone actually been to Iraq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
The mods delete threads about shaved junk and angry pirates but let this crapfest continue. :rolleyes:

C'mon guys... the only thing stupider than bronkin and amish is replying and arguing with them. Let it die.

Oct 7, 2005
Bozeman MT
Reactor said:
Look kid, a lot of the people on this forum have done a lot of things in the service of their country. A lot of us risked our lives day in and day out, some of us lost friends, some of us were in the intelligence community and a few still are, or have contacts there. Ranting and raving isn't going to help your cause. I have friends in Iraq right now risking their lives, and they aren't 19 yo flatfoots, they're high level personnel. The information they are giving me is scary.

Maybe you were in Iraq, maybe. Maybe you saw the tactical situation. But it's apparent you have absolutely no idea clue as to Intel, politics or strategy. It's apparent you've bought the administrations line, and probably have little if any capacity for independent thought.

Rights of Iraqi women? Iraqi women were far better off under Saddam, they had rights, they even had some power. Now we're going to leave an Islamic based state, primed for civil war. Women rights have already deteriorated, and they'll get worse. They'll be regarded as cattle, baby producing machines, slaves, and little mire

Iraqi children... Thousands died in the first few months after the war when hospitals ran out of medicine, and because of our bombing they couldn't get clean drinking water. More women and children will die if the country falls into civil war.

Calling people who don't agree with you unamerican worked pretty well for McCarthy, it's even working for Bush. But it's not true. You should read a little of Ben Franklin or Thomas Jefferson. Disagreeing with your countries policy and speaking up about id the sign of a true patriot.
When did I say "people who don't agree with me" huh? I'm talking about the folks who have nothing but anti-american (not anti-bush) slurr spewing forth! Hence, the phrase "antiamericanists". Lots of you folks hear something, and construe it to mean something that fits your agenda, and it really sounds like some of these monkey's agendas, is nothing more than bashing America.

Show your buddies in Iraq right now some of these posts, and they will say the same thing I have been saying. Top dollar says they will. Tell an Iraqi woman that she doesn't have more rights now than she did under Saddam's rule. She would probably laugh! She has the right to laugh at men now.

I would never think of trying to play down anyone elses sacrifices for this country to play up my own. I don't feel what I did was a sacrifice, but more a duty I guess. Being the most powerful country in the world, gives us a certain duty to the rest of the world in my opinion, and when I was standing on one of Saddam's marble and gold plated palace balconies looking out over his peoples' mud huts it hit me why I was over there. I wasn't alone in this thinking.

As for the oil,,,,,, I'm not nieve enough to think that it doesn't have something to do with the reasoning for us attacking Iraq, but I don't think it's the conspiritorial reasons some people offer. I think it's more of a stability issue.

BTW, civil wars, while disturbing to think about, often come about to end oppression, give rights, and the sorts. If there is a way to get things done w/o them, then great but if that's what it takes to get the rights that even the UN spells out as every human's rights, then so be it.

These people can disagree with me all they want, as I do them. What is frustrating, are the character attacks as replies to my questions or comments. These same people tell me to "try not to offend." That's hipocritical.

Anyway, I keep telling myself to not even look at this thread anymore, but I do it anyway. It's good practice, to understand what the opposition is going to throw at me but even after all of this junk, I still feel very optimistic about the competition out there.

Mike D seems to be the only one with half of a clue even though I know he really misses being a Marine:thumb:

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
ohio said:
Deep, man. That's like saying there's a difference between diet coke and punching clowns. Thanks for the insight.

An honest bigot is still a bigot. A dishonest bigot is still a bigot. The two have nothing to do with each other.
Whatever I say it I'm a racist, Bill Cosby says it he's an uncle tom. Pardon us for wishin their lives didn't suck so much. Its sad that everytime anyone every talks about these things there instantly shot down as a racist. Thats why the ghettos gonna be runnin circles around itself for another 100 yr's. Who cares, as long as Al Sharpton can still get rich it must be ok

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Ciaran said:
The mods delete threads about shaved junk and angry pirates but let this crapfest continue. :rolleyes:
Wait, what angry pirate thread did I miss???

DAMN!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
The Amish said:
I got to see jerry how bout you?
yeah, i did. so what. the dead were damn boring. must have been my lack of good drugs.

i saw phish too, probably before you'd ever heard of them. in a ~500 ppl capacity club (paradise, boston). trey (or whoever it was) was decent on the vacuum cleaner. wasn't my thing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.