Quantcast

Anyone see Zink get busted?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Did anyone watch the humor that unfolded as Zink and Straight got busted for playing on their 50's this weekend at the Otter? Anyone know the work out of that particular meeting of the law and the 50 outlaws?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
They were making "calls" as we rolled by, it was pretty goddamn funny if you ask me. Serves them right for riding Sandy's on those bikes. Karma is a bitch

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
Tattooo said:
They were making "calls" as we rolled by, it was pretty goddamn funny if you ask me. Serves them right for riding Sandy's on those bikes. Karma is a bitch
They rode Sandy's on 50's, wtf???

Now I no longer feel sorry for them. Does anyone have any details? I wasn't there so I didn't see it happen....

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
They were being jackasses all weekend on those things, finally the cops pulled them over. There were more cops there this weekend then at a fire sale at Krispy Kreme, so it was just a matter of time.

Yea, they have been known to ride those bikes up at Sandy's more then once. When confronted the reply was "Saw is cool with it." So I asked the Godfurher, and as it turns out they were their typically full of crap.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
matt12 said:
They rode Sandy's on 50's, wtf???

Now I no longer feel sorry for them. Does anyone have any details? I wasn't there so I didn't see it happen....

Just curious, you ever been to sandy's?

Rye_Bread

Monkey
Mar 22, 2006
Boulder
I saw the event take place of which you speak.

It was pretty funny actually, he got pulled over by a cop with sirens and such, and then arrested right in fron of our campsite.

MadDHer

Monkey
Mar 8, 2006
You guys should get your facts straight! They got busted because they didn't have helmets on.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I suspect that they are also going to be written up for riding non street legal machines.

MadDHer

Monkey
Mar 8, 2006
Tattooo said:
I suspect that they are also going to be written up for riding non street legal machines.
Cam Zink and Strait are hard core kids, they keep it extreme, so I am sure they had their 50s all tricked out. Probably w/ high octane gas and illegal exhaust.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
MadDHer said:
Cam Zink and Strait are hard core kids, they keep it extreme, so I am sure they had their 50s all tricked out. Probably w/ high octane gas and illegal exhaust.

I was thinking something a bit more simple. No turn signals, no plates, and shorter then a midget riding a monkey riding a tricycle around a trained grizzly bear.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I don't hate them, I just have an intense dislike for anyone who thinks they're so kick ass that they can behave like dicks. Riding on hand crafted dirt jumps on a motorcycle when you've been told more then once not to is a dick move. Hence, I have no additional love for them as such.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
justsomeguy said:
More like "damn kids."

Do people really expect the police to ignore that kind of behavior? Why blame the police when the kids were being idiots?
Since when is a kid on a 50 harming anyone? I've never ridden one but I don't think they're that fast and it's no more dangerous than a reckess bike rider (of which there were plenty). So "damn cops" for harassing/arresting kids having fun. Cops hate fun.

And Sandy's is a jump spot around Reno (I think).

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
black noise said:
Since when is a kid on a 50 harming anyone?
Well apparently they were being jackasses all weekend long. What kind of idiot repeatedly acts like that in front of the police and expects to be ignored?

Which laws should the police ignore in your fantasy world and which laws should they enforce?

black noise said:
Cops hate fun.
Says the confused teen. Got it.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Its Leguna Seca, they enforce the law there pretty hard. Its a big motorcycle spot, and as such they cannot let people act like jackasses.

Further, there are signs all over that say in big black bold letters "The California Helmet Law Will Be Enforced." They were up on the road by the main gate, buzzing around on them. Some soccer mommy got her thong in a twist and told the cops would be my guess.

Then again, reading my contract with various sponsors, one of the things that is said over and over is that you should do your best to promote the image of cycling. At major family day weekend sort of things, that includes wearing a helmet I would think.

None the less, its just a slap on the wrist unless they got saucy with the cops. I just thought it was funny.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Usually at Laguna Seca you can sort of get away with cruising around on stuff like 50s or go-peds and stuff like that, after all it is a race track and where the term "pit bike" came from in the first place. That being said, if you're causing some major problems for the rest of the fans, you'd probably get busted. That and if your 50 is correctly modified (like most are these days) you could probably easily hit 50 or 60 mph on the roads aorund laguna seca, which I bet the cops didn't like.

Then again, if their 50s are so badass, how did the cops catch em in the first place? :rolleyes:

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
I was riding by when Strait was getting cuffed and Zinc was already stuffed...

and they needed two cops to lift the 50s in the truck...:oink: :rofl:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
justsomeguy said:
Well apparently they were being jackasses all weekend long. What kind of idiot repeatedly acts like that in front of the police and expects to be ignored?

Which laws should the police ignore in your fantasy world and which laws should they enforce?

What is wrong with people being jackasses, as long they dont hurt anyone WHO CARES

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
scurban said:
If Strit and Zink were NFL athletes and got caught doing something stupid like this they would have been fined thousands of dollors, probably been suspended by their teams, and made headlines on every major news station.
everyone knows pro athletes dont get in any real trouble. case in point, rasheed wallace and damon stoudamire. :rofl: 'nuff said :)

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
scurban said:
True....None the less was Zink or Kyle fined thousands of dollors? I don't think so.

Then again, Zink and Kyle are mountain bikers, so they aren't real athletes, so we'll see what happens:love:
No, but they also don't get the massive paychecks that most football players do. Many football players make millions and they get fined like 10 grand. It doesn't mean anything when you're making that much money.

I'm not sure how much Zink and Strait make, but I'm pretty sure that its not in the millions... Still, I wonder what happened to them and how their sponsors are handling it.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
justsomeguy said:
More like "damn kids."

Do people really expect the police to ignore that kind of behavior? Why blame the police when the kids were being idiots?
I wasnt there so cant really judge on this one, but..
I really dont care about any laws made up by someone else just because they are the law.
I have my own rules and they are set up in a manner that I dont hurt anyone or cause damage to someone else's property.
If they made up an articel that everybody born in de first 6 months of a year can only wear white clothes and the rest of the people can only wear black clothes, would you live by that law just because some asshole behind a desk thought of it?
**** that, I make my own rules.
Its just like a cop telling me I cant ride my dirtbike in a forrest because it will cause damage.
Duhh how the hell did I get there in the first place? Right, on a freeway that has demolished thousands of square km's of land.
Who the hell is the goverment to make such laws? The land belongs to everyone on the planet, not just to some dick behind a desk.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
Kevin said:
I really dont care about any laws made up by someone else just because they are the law.
Really? How about those laws made by someone else that protect you? Do you care about those laws?

Kevin said:
I have my own rules and they are set up in a manner that I dont hurt anyone or cause damage to someone else's property.
What if someone else has their own rules and their rules are set up in a manner that they hurt you or damage your property. That's ok, right?

Kevin said:
If they made up an articel that everybody born in de first 6 months of a year can only wear white clothes and the rest of the people can only wear black clothes, would you live by that law just because some asshole behind a desk thought of it?
That's known as a straw man argument.

Kevin said:
**** that, I make my own rules.
Why do you think that you're so special?

Kevin said:
Its just like a cop telling me I cant ride my dirtbike in a forrest because it will cause damage.
How about a cop telling someone that they can't ride their dirtbike on your front lawn?

Kevin said:
Duhh how the hell did I get there in the first place? Right, on a freeway that has demolished thousands of square km's of land.
Who the hell is the goverment to make such laws? The land belongs to everyone on the planet, not just to some dick behind a desk.
Wow. I'm truly amazed that anyone can be so ignorant.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
justsomeguy said:

Why are you always such a smartass? I really have little respect for most laws, I tend to agree with Kevin.

And I don't even know what you mean when you called me a confused teen. You've brushed off any ideas I've had before because of my age and I really think you should look at my ideas and not my age.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
TheMontashu said:
What is wrong with people being jackasses, as long they dont hurt anyone WHO CARES
Who are you to say that they wouldn't have hurt someone if they kept being jackasses?

Using your "logic," anything goes, as long as nobody gets hurt. Think about the ramifications of that for a bit.

Hey, that drunk guy was just driving around, he didn't hurt anyone...

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
black noise said:
You've brushed off any ideas I've had before because of my age and I really think you should look at my ideas and not my age.
No, I've brushed off your "ideas" because they were poorly conceived, hyopcritical, contradictory and based upon little, if any, understanding of the concepts being discussed.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Wow, I make a joking point about the wonder twins and it turns into a diatribe on the state of law in America...

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
justsomeguy said:
Really? How about those laws made by someone else that protect you? Do you care about those laws?
What if someone else has their own rules and their rules are set up in a manner that they hurt you or damage your property. That's ok, right?
That's known as a straw man argument.
Why do you think that you're so special?
How about a cop telling someone that they can't ride their dirtbike on your front lawn?
Wow. I'm truly amazed that anyone can be so ignorant.
Laws that protect people are something different then laws that tell you you cant have fun.
If you cant tell the difference your ignorant.

Why am I special? Ask your mom.

My front lawn is again something very different from a forrest, if you werent so ignorant you would have known that.

I cant ride my dirtbike in the woods but the goverment can cut down the same woods without a problem to build a new factory to build something like weapons.
How is that being ignorant?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Kevin said:
Laws that protect people are something different then laws that tell you you cant have fun.

My front lawn is again something very different from a forrest, if you werent so ignorant you would have known that.

I cant ride my dirtbike in the woods but the goverment can cut down the same woods without a problem to build a new factory to build something like weapons.
The laws are designed to protect people and property. Period. Your interpretation whether they are fun-killers or not is just that, an interpretation.

What you can do personally vs. what governments can do is such a complicated debate I won't even touch it.

Finally, 50's can be very obnoxious, particularily riding in a crowd. While most people would not complain to the authorities, they would also prefer that people didn't ride them around them. And the last thing anyone wants to see is a collison with a 50, which is why people discourage riding one outside the pits.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
Kevin said:
The irony here is killing me. You calling me ignorant? That's priceless!

Some people's idea of having fun is getting wasted and being a jackass. Drunk in public and drunk driving laws tell those people that they can't have that kind of fun. Those types of laws are there to protect people from drunk people who are having their flavor of "fun."

That's just one example. There are many, many more available. Not that I expect you to understand.

Kevin said:
As expected, you have no answer. Why do you think that Kevin is so special that he gets to make up his own rules?

What if everyone decided that they could make up their own rules? How would you expect a society to function?

Kevin said:
If you saw me riding donuts on your front lawn (after all that's one of the rules that I've made up for myself, it's ok) would it be ok? If a cop saw me doing that, would you want him to stop me?

Kevin said:
Wow, just when I think you can't get any goofier, you post something like this. That's yet another straw man argument.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
justsomeguy said:
No, I've brushed off your "ideas" because they were poorly conceived, hyopcritical, contradictory and based upon little, if any, understanding of the concepts being discussed.
That's quite a burn. I shouldn't expect much more from you though, all you've ever brought to discussions were negative comments and insults. But yeah, 50s are annoying, someone should have told them off if they indeed were being stupid. And yeah, cops hate fun. The looks on their faces during downtown Halloween merrymaking was enough to convince me of that. But I'm done with this hijack.