Quantcast

anyone seen the 05 shiver?

cali4niabiker

Monkey
Jun 29, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
I could put that X-Ray vision to use to detect the color of the stanchions... :D

btw, vitox, where did you get the picture of that sweet looking fork? Maybe I could try hypnosis to get you to send it to me....

Time to hit the books on "How to Hypnotize" ;) :D

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Trond said:
I wonder if the inner stanchions are black...
since the 888 has 35mm stancions, and the shiver has 35mm stancions, it's possible.

it looks 10x faster/better now :D

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Dude, that is so sweet looking! AHHHH

Offer that in the states and it WILL sell!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Oh, yeah...I'm thinking that'd look great on the business end of a Canfield F1...mmmmmm...

I really hope they don't drop the shiver in favor of the 888 anytime soon. I like that fork. If anything, they should drop the Jr/Super forks IMHO, and go to entirely 888-based standard DH forks and the inverted Shiver.

MD

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
I heard marz implemented a new test for the 2005 shiver. they get a kid in a parking lot to put the front wheel between their legs and see if the fork "flexes"....

sorry I had to do it....

Sep 10, 2001
As of right now there are no plans to bring the Shiver back into the States for 05.... Unless we see a serious demand....

Brian

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
If this board is a litmus test, I'd say there is demand, or at least interest.

As cliché as it seems a color change just made it look like a new fork to me, and I liked it to begin with!

Sep 10, 2001
Zark said:
If this board is a litmus test, I'd say there is demand, or at least interest.

As cliché as it seems a color change just made it look like a new fork to me, and I liked it to begin with!
There maybe an interest, but the question is how much?

Brian

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
That Shiver is pimpin'. But it's not going to be available in America? that's too bad. I'm surprised that there isn't enough demand.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Zark said:

That is more true than you think. I worked at a bicycle company. We had all of these 2 yr old FS frames that we couldn't sell. We were trying to sell them at cost. They weren't junk either and rode really well. Nobody bought them because they thought they were outdated technology. We repowdered a bunch of them and called them a new model year and raised the price back up. They started selling again.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
partsbara said:
we can do this.... only one problem, the cost of cr@p in europe :(

i might have to call my german marzo man tomorrow :)
I think you need to contact your man "Clark W. Griswold"...considering his position and occupation, it could work nicely. That was my 1st thought.

MD

DIABLO

Chimp
Mar 16, 2004
U.K
Changes to 2005 range that i have read about in a mag:

Shiver: Different graphics
888:Improved damping circiuts on rebound and comperssion, different graphics
66: New fork available in 150mm or 170mm travel versions same internals as 888
Dirt Jumper: Ditching QR20 moved to bolt though axle, DJ1 now comes in matt army green.
24in specific fork: No name was mentioned in the mag from the pic it has a bolt on crown, bolt though axle, can take pegs and grind plates on the drop outs.
Junior T:New dropouts.
Super T: Dropped
All Mountain: New fork. Fully adjustable travel, damping, ETA, 110-130mm or 130-150mm, air preload coil springs.

This is for anybody who does'nt know.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
haha, I had my Shiver anodized black last winter. It's a real head-turner and looks sexy as sh*t, as does the new '05 one.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
yeah i was considering that as well, but my anodizer has a minimum 100$ fee. So a 10$ process aint cheap.
yup, same here, it cost a bit. But after trying an anno process myself and having little success w/ it, I decided to just shell out and let a pro do it. It came out perfect so I suppose it was worth it to a certain degree...

btw he said he could do about 20 of those forks for pretty much the same price I paid for the one I had done, hence the $10 vs. $100 thing...