Quantcast

anyone seen the 05 shiver?

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I was gonna buy an 888 for next year, but now I want a shiver. As Frank the Tank in Old School would say, "...it's so beautiful..."

Marz needs to ship these to the states. :thumb:

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Brian Peterson said:
There maybe an interest, but the question is how much?

Brian

im gonna say this before you guys get at brian p`s soft spot and marzousa ends up with a warehouse full of black shivers.

"its not my fault"

Sep 10, 2001
vitox said:
im gonna say this before you guys get at brian p`s soft spot and marzousa ends up with a warehouse full of black shivers.

"its not my fault"
LMAO!!!! :D

6 guys on one web site isn't enough for me to tell my boss to reconsider.... But, this does back up my theory... The easiest way to build interest in a product is to say it has been discontinued....

Brian

D

Dingus McGee

You cheap sluts!
Just because it's black, you drool?

The 2002 was so much better looking...both the silver and the graphics.
Sure it probably works better, but someone has to stick up for the 02!

flame away!
:eviltongu :)

EDIT - whoa nearly concurrent slut-posts! wasn't trying to bite your slutstyle!

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
From a recreational rider POV, I would consider the Shiver to be one of the best forks ever made. Ridiculously reliable, plush, and cheap to maintain. What more could you ask for if you aren't racing. I put some serious vert on a boxxer this weekend and will admit that it corners a lot better. However, I was constantly being knocked off line because the action was just too harsh. That ride convinced me that my next fork will be a non-inverted fork made by marz. If I weren't racing and didn't care about corning speed, I would stay with the Shiver. I think marz is making a mistake by halting production.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I've had a lot of forks, the shiver stands out amongst all of them. I just know if I had a black shiver that it would be better though :p

Seriously though, from a business standpoint it wouldn't be a great idea, no matter how good a product is, it's seen as "stagnant" if it doesn't change. The arguably "better" black color scheme might have been better for 04 instead of 05, and may have raised intrest, but at this point marzocchi would be taking a much bigger chance, and these boards are NOT a good cross-section of customers. How often do we get the crazy people saying they wished marzocchi made a monster-T type single crown, and then we'd get all sorts of people complaining about how heavy they were when manitou came out with the 4lb lighter, but not as durable-competition, and then sales might fall, etc. It's just not a great indication on these board sometimes...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
no more Super T because cheaper 888 versions make it obsolete...

as far as the Shiver, last year with new red decals looked like the same old shiver, this black beauty is somehow a whole new fork! full on placebo affect baby!

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
well damn i need to check my sources. i was told the super t was stayin.

and damnit i was planning on buying a new 05 shiver ohh well marzocchi loss not mine. just spend another 500 or 800 for a dorado or avalanche or how ever much more they cost. lol marzocchi still think your makin a mistake takin two of the most widly used forks (from my standpoint) out of production. and outa the states. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :nopity: :nopity: :nopity: :stosh: :stosh: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :nope: :nope: :angry: :angry: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

wow thats alot of emoticons

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
ViolentVolante said:
Quick Jm, we need the 67 page writeup on why inverted SC forks arn't practical
Notice it's not a freeride fork anymore.

My shiver SC is very flexy, it's nothing like my shiver DC.

It's now a 4" jump-fork, giving it an inch more overlap as well.

I hope 3 sentences fulfills your urge...

DHTRAVELER

Chimp
Feb 16, 2004
TEXAS
I have been watching the Marz website countdown so I could be the first to order an '05 Shiver SC. Now what am I gonna get for my Turner Rail? Suggestions? Anyone,....Bueller?

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
DHTRAVELER said:
I have been watching the Marz website countdown so I could be the first to order an '05 Shiver SC. Now what am I gonna get for my Turner Rail? Suggestions? Anyone,....Bueller?
white bros DT 1.2 Jumper fork. Best SC fork ive ever ridden, hands down

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
i choose a shiver over a 888 this year, so I guess if it means anything, put another vote in for the shiver in the US:) I know it wont matter but hey the thing is sexy.

is the Super T that much more expensive to make over the Jr T? Why not drop the Jr and make just the super in 2 versions, QR and 20mm, leave the shiver, maybe even put a little nicer tech. into the damping, now there are no inverted designs in the Marz line up... kind of a bummer:(

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
punkassean said:
no more Super T because cheaper 888 versions make it obsolete...
Cheaper 888 = JrT in bigger externals.
So, the SuperT is gone to allow the SSV damping to be sold at a higher price point? Huzzah. :mumble:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Rik said:
Cheaper 888 = JrT in bigger externals.
So, the SuperT is gone to allow the SSV damping to be sold at a higher price point? Huzzah. :mumble:
You must read more carefully :) - there will be 3 888s. One SSV both legs, one SSV one leg, HSCV the other (like this year's Super), and one HSCV both legs. So there will be a middle price point.

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Yeh, but why did the SuperT of 04 have to be downgraded to start with?
I know of the different variants of the forks, but I don't know what US prices are like. Over here, it seems the SuperT stayed the same price while the damping dropped down a level. And now the 888rr (or whatever the ssv+hscv fork) is out, will they charge more for it than they did a SuperT? Or same price? I'd really like to have a comparison between 03, 04, and 05 forks, and how much you pay for what damping system. I do realise prices change with the economy, but still, I would like to think a dual HSCV fork should sell for what a JrT sells for. But then, my idea of pricing is a bit borked due to Marzocchi being a touch overpriced down on our island, so unless I see a comparison of prices, I'm just rambling :think:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Well, until I hear a single person say that this year's Super T is worse due to the one SSVF leg (which I haven't), I'm going to guess that it wasn't much of a downgrade.

Considering the sheer amount of speculation about how potentially crappy the '04 Super T could have been, and then the absolute silence about its performance except for the usual passing comments.. That's usually indicitive of a product that a lot of people are riding with absolutely no complaints. You know what they say, a person with a good product will tell a friend.. A person with a bad product will tell ten.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
preppie said:
The Marzocchi Shiver DC - 2005 will be €1.089,00 EUR in Germany.

the site

I'm pretty sure they ship to the US

thats a lot of money considering the shive dc 2004 cost 999usd, seems like that anodizing/restickering ring might be a good idea after all.

Tarpon

Monkey
Jun 23, 2004
North Bend, WA
Might be time to look at the White Brothers DH2.0. I love my Shiver but think it could stand a real update rather than the new colors/stickers.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
vitox said:
thats a lot of money considering the shive dc 2004 cost 999usd, seems like that anodizing/restickering ring might be a good idea after all.
...it would seem to me, though, that it might use the same internals as the 888 (i.e. lighter, a little more adjustable), considering it'd be silly to have a different set of internals when they already have a good set that fit in the 35mm stanction setup.

Pure speculation though.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I bought my Shiver in 2002 as a used 2001. I have never changed the seals or bushings and it feels better everyday. I do race a lot and I could see the advantage of a lighter fork, but for everyday DH shuttling at Windrock the Shiver can't be beat. I don't ever want to sell mine. I'm sad to see it go.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
profro said:
I bought my Shiver in 2002 as a used 2001. I have never changed the seals or bushings and it feels better everyday. I do race a lot and I could see the advantage of a lighter fork, but for everyday DH shuttling at Windrock the Shiver can't be beat. I don't ever want to sell mine. I'm sad to see it go.
same deal here, 2001 model going on 4 years, original seals and bushings, with maybe 6 oil changes. Gonna givce it some new bushings and seals next year (as well as two extra bushings per leg), but it probably wont even need them.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
I loves my 02, loves my 02. i had a boxxer for about a yaer after spewing oil and biding up a bunch of times i got sick of it and bought a shiver. I don't race so the added weight's no biggy. i just don't think there's a more reliable/durable fork around.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
zedro said:
same deal here, 2001 model going on 4 years, original seals and bushings, with maybe 6 oil changes. Gonna givce it some new bushings and seals next year (as well as two extra bushings per leg), but it probably wont even need them.
no matter what ya tell yourself it wont ever be as good as the 2.0 :D