Quantcast

Are we stingy?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
RhinofromWA said:
So how do we figure in the 15,000 military people we have over there and 70 helecopters , nemerous ships, doctors, and support crews, and all the rest of the non-monetary resources that we donate to the problem? Hmmm?
Now you're changing the situation. The stingy charge was levelled at the initial aid pledges (and not specifically against the US...although since everything in the world seems to be about us, Bush and Co took it that way.)

The US is like a kid who got yelled at by mom for not sharing, and now he reluctantly lets another child play with one of his toys. That doesn't make him a generous child, it makes him a spoiled little brat who felt a little bit of shame after being rebuked.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Silver said:
Now you're changing the situation. The stingy charge was levelled at the initial aid pledges (and not specifically against the US...although since everything in the world seems to be about us, Bush and Co took it that way.)

The US is like a kid who got yelled at by mom for not sharing, and now he reluctantly lets another child play with one of his toys. That doesn't make him a generous child, it makes him a spoiled little brat who felt a little bit of shame after being rebuked.
I heard the US was singled out and the rest of the world waslumpedin under your breath. I guess the REST OF THE WORLD just expects instant gratification from the US? I feal the stingy remarks were extremely premature....

Why oh why world didn't we save the world right away.....we must be stingy. :sneaky:

PS- I am out east visiting my fiance and her famityuntil after the 20th.....so I am very absent from the RM :D So you guys can enjoy bashing me while I am unable to respond. ;) Damn ice storms.....it would be kind of cool if the roads weren't covered with downtrees. Oh I am in NE PA....snowing right now. I am near Jim Thorpe, PA....hoping to go to the Yuengling Brewery soon if the weather clears up