Quantcast

Are you a food snob?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
what are you guys talking about when you mention jells and foams?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I love foam in my latte or hot chocolate.

also, a question for those that don't like Corn Flakes...
Do you ever use bread crumbs? how is one different then the other?

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I love foam in my latte or hot chocolate.

also, a question for those that don't like Corn Flakes...
Do you ever use bread crumbs? how is one different then the other?
Corn Flake Ingredients
MILLED CORN, SUGAR, MALT FLAVORING, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, SALT, IRON, NIACINAMIDE, SODIUM ASCORBATE AND ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C), PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B6), RIBOFLAVIN (VITAMIN B2), THIAMIN HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B1), VITAMIN A PALMITATE, FOLIC ACID, VITAMIN B12, AND VITAMIN D. TO MAINTAIN QUALITY, BHT HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE PACKAGING.

Bread crumb ingredients
wheat flour, sugar, yeast soy bean oil, salt.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Corn Flake Ingredients
MILLED CORN, SUGAR, MALT FLAVORING, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, SALT, IRON, NIACINAMIDE, SODIUM ASCORBATE AND ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C), PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B6), RIBOFLAVIN (VITAMIN B2), THIAMIN HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B1), VITAMIN A PALMITATE, FOLIC ACID, VITAMIN B12, AND VITAMIN D. TO MAINTAIN QUALITY, BHT HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE PACKAGING.

Bread crumb ingredients
wheat flour, sugar, yeast soy bean oil, salt.
Buy the right cornflakes then - even more simple than bread crumbs...

Organic Corn Flakes
Organic Corn Meal, Organic Concentrates Grape Juice, Sea Salt.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Buy the right cornflakes then - even more simple than bread crumbs...

Organic Corn Flakes
Organic Corn Meal, Organic Concentrates Grape Juice, Sea Salt.
Listen, I am not going to knit pick with you, i know you love that. I happen to live with TN so I know that when he says Corn Flake, he means the Kellog's crap.

So you can go on and cook with your 5 dollar box of organic corn flakes and I'll make my bread crumbs out of a day old loaf.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Listen, I am not going to knit pick with you, i know you love that. I happen to live with TN so I know that when he says Corn Flake, he means the Kellog's crap.

So you can go on and cook with your 5 dollar box of organic corn flakes and I'll make my bread crumbs out of a day old loaf.
You have to do apples to apples. If you are going to be using general mills corn flakes then you have to go with some mainstream bread like Wonderbread.

Corn flakes or bread are both very simple foods that can be butchered by mega conglomerates.

Wonderbread:
Whole wheat flour, water, wheat gluten, high fructose corn syrup, contains 2% of less of: soybean oil, salt, molasses, yeast, mono and diglycerides, exthoxylated mono and diglycerides, dough conditioners (sodium stearoyl lactylate, calcium iodate, calcium dioxide), datem, calcium sulfate, vinegar, yeast nutrient (ammonium sulfate), extracts of malted barley and corn, dicalcium phosphate, diammonium phosphate, calcium propionate (to retain freshness).

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I saw how corn flakes where made on the Discovery channel - there is surprisingly little processing involved - each flake is a single kernel of corn that has been pressed and steam cooked. All that other crap is solution of vitamin fortification that is sprayed on the virtually finished product.