Quantcast

At least we've reached Friday

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Too bad it's 3:30am. Two meetings this am, then disconnect for 10-days. FTS is strong.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Woke up early. Fed the dog and the wood stove. Kinda nippy this morning.
Finishing touch on plastering, tomorrow I sand. Probably painting on xmass day. Holiday spirit is weak around here.

Waiting for February 6th.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hello, estoy aqui

Posting from my new work computer, which ironically is just a brand new mac. wack

debating whether to replace my broken crankarm and sell off my old road cranks, or ??? make a wind chime out of them? I dunno. I don't really need them, but if i pay $100, I can probably sell them for 150-200.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Pretty sure I'm sick again. Or maybe have been sick this entire time. :dead:

Dealing with some bullshit at work. A database got messed up, but there are no backups of the database itself, only the server. And no one knows one of the sql users that the application uses. And no one knows when the problem first started, so I have to restore, test, restore, test, restore, test repeat :banghead:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Slept like shit, finally got up at 4. Rain is here, so we did a 1 block walkies so Hank could poop. I've been off since Wednesday and have done absolutely nothing so far. I will clean the garage for sure, but I have all next week to do that.

Got my flu and COVID shots yesterday, my left arm is about useless at this point, damn.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning and all that bullshit lmao. I waited until sunrise this morning to get my run done. 5 easy miles in a balmy 17 degrees. My heart rate is finally looking a little more normal but I am still hacking up lots of phlegm and snotting.

Heading to Mount Snow tomorrow afternoon for Sunday/Monday skiing. They got 3" of rain this week on an already thin snow cover, so I am sure conditions will be spectacular.

The dog has been whining, pacing, panting, and shaking for an hour now because the big scary monster GARBAGE TRUCK is making its weekly neighborhood rounds.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
No, I'm not even sure where to get a test from. Asked at two local pharmacies two weeks ago when I first got sick and they basically shrugged and said they have no clue.
I have my physical later today and I'm asking them to rapid test me for the flu and if negative, for the 'rona.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
No, I'm not even sure where to get a test from. Asked at two local pharmacies two weeks ago when I first got sick and they basically shrugged and said they have no clue.
That's weird. Saying that cause half the people we know recently got the vid.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
debating whether to replace my broken crankarm and sell off my old road cranks, or ??? make a wind chime out of them? I dunno. I don't really need them, but if i pay $100, I can probably sell them for 150-200.
is your time worth the $50-$100 net profit you might make through this transaction?
Pretty sure I'm sick again. Or maybe have been sick this entire time. :dead:

Dealing with some bullshit at work. A database got messed up, but there are no backups of the database itself, only the server. And no one knows one of the sql users that the application uses. And no one knows when the problem first started, so I have to restore, test, restore, test, restore, test repeat :banghead:
10 days post-sickness, and while my lungs have mostly cleared out, I still have an annoying tickle in my throat at night, and a little periodic flegm here and there... This thing is friggin lingering. booo
Gov't has discontinued the free at-home tests I think. Besides, their reliability was pretty questionable overall wasn't it?

I got a telephone consult with my doc when I was sick, and her conclusion was a viral infection. Didn't really matter which one ('vid, flu, RSV), the end result is the same: treat the symptoms, get rest.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
is your time worth the $50-$100 net profit you might make through this transaction?

10 days post-sickness, and while my lungs have mostly cleared out, I still have an annoying tickle in my throat at night, and a little periodic flegm here and there... This thing is friggin lingering. booo

Gov't has discontinued the free at-home tests I think. Besides, their reliability was pretty questionable overall wasn't it?

I got a telephone consult with my doc when I was sick, and her conclusion was a viral infection. Didn't really matter which one ('vid, flu, RSV), the end result is the same: treat the symptoms, get rest.
Sounds like RSV. Got that in October and had the tickle for a month.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Sounds like RSV. Got that in October and had the tickle for a month.
man, you got the double-whammy. Didn't you also get the 'vid in late November/early December?

RSV would make sense, as I got sick pretty much exactly two weeks after receiving my flu and covid vaccines - right when you'd assume the immunity fully kicks in. I have weak/sensitive lungs to begin with, and apparently I was very close to pneumonia...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Pretty much what I've had the entire time. I definitely felt better at the end of last week, good enough to go for a bike ride at least; but on the later half of the ride, I definitely hit a wall where my body said nope no more, even though in my head I wanted to keep going. I then coughed the entire drive home.

But yesterday, I just I started feeling like poop again. My head feels backed up and I feel like I just need to sleep.

At least its Friday.....

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Pretty much what I've had the entire time. I definitely felt better at the end of last week, good enough to go for a bike ride at least; but on the later half of the ride, I definitely hit a wall where my body said nope no more, even though in my head I wanted to keep going. I then coughed the entire drive home.

But yesterday, I just I started feeling like poop again. My head feels backed up and I feel like I just need to sleep.

At least its Friday.....
Sounds like RSV.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
man, you got the double-whammy. Didn't you also get the 'vid in late November/early December?

RSV would make sense, as I got sick pretty much exactly two weeks after receiving my flu and covid vaccines - right when you'd assume the immunity fully kicks in. I have weak/sensitive lungs to begin with, and apparently I was very close to pneumonia...
Indeed. Got the RSV which lasted a full month. Then threw my back, then hurt my ribs, then got COVID. Not the best Fall. But then again, way better than @rideit year. :D

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Still hacking/blowing out residual goo. Not as much as yesterday, but still yielding an impressive amount.

Today I shall read, bake, and hang out with my adorable little child.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
For anyone keeping score at home, my Dad is doing really well after his surgery yesterday. His pain is manageable and he seems to be handling the general anesthesia well. We should see the pathology soon, maybe as early as today. I’ll be heading home later this morning, after getting some x-rays on my hip.

And if you missed it, my Dad had some melanoma and a lymph node excavated yesterday. Fuck cancer, wear sunscreen!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Indeed. Got the RSV which lasted a full month. Then threw my back, then hurt my ribs, then got COVID. Not the best Fall. But then again, way better than @rideit year. :D
Thanks, hang in there.
Look at the bright side, it’s probably gonna get worse! :banana:

in all seriousness, I am calling yesterday the beginning of the new year. Yeah, thumb and shoulder surgery is gonna suck, but as of right now, my health is basically excellent, thank the festivus pole.

I truly did have some life changing attitude changes about gratitude, insecurity, self esteem, and how Woo is a raging weenie too. So ‘24 is gonna rock!

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
For anyone keeping score at home, my Dad is doing really well after his surgery yesterday. His pain is manageable and he seems to be handling the general anesthesia well. We should see the pathology soon, maybe as early as today. I’ll be heading home later this morning, after getting some x-rays on my hip.

And if you missed it, my Dad had some melanoma and a lymph node excavated yesterday. Fuck cancer, wear sunscreen!
my mom and grandmother dealing...have dealt with that...mom has to wear a hat year round when outside...