Quantcast

At what age did you stop growing?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Just curious to find out about other people, becuase just yesterday I measured myself, and I am now 6 feet tall. Ive been just under 5'11 for the longest but I guess in the last year or so, I gained another inch and Im 22 years old.

Anyone else get growth spurts like that past 20?

In other news, Im starting to get hair in wierd places too.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
BurlyShirley said:
In other news, Im starting to get hair in wierd places too.
well just more places to shave.

uhm i stopped growing in my early twenties, now im just growing outward.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
s1ngletrack said:
Don't worry about that hair down there - everyone gets it at some point, it's nothing to be ashamed of.
:D
Thats what Father Jones said too.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i've been the same height since sophomore or junior year in high school, so that would be 15 or 16ish. i'm 23 now.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Yah i had one last growth spurt in my twenties as well.
i've always had one leg longer than the other as well. When i broke my leg the surgeon had to cinch my leg together so the pins could have more bone to hold on to for the rod to work. So my longer leg shortened and i'm an "even" 6'1" now.
Welcome to the big boys club Burly one. :p

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
I'm still waiting to get taller - I've been 5'10" / 185 for the last 10 years or so (I'm 32 now) - I hope to make it to 6'0" by the time I hit 35.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
s1ngletrack said:
I'm still waiting to get taller - I've been 5'10" / 185 for the last 10 years or so (I'm 32 now) - I hope to make it to 6'0" by the time I hit 35.
ha!

I was weighing about 185-190 when i got out the Marines, then I had all summer working and riding my ass off and then got mono, so I got down to about 168, which was scary for me, but now that im too tired to do anything stil becuase of being sick with mono, i weigh like 185 only now its fat. :angry:

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
BurlyShirley said:
ha!

I was weighing about 185-190 when i got out the Marines, then I had all summer working and riding my ass off and then got mono, so I got down to about 168, which was scary for me, but now that im too tired to do anything stil becuase of being sick with mono, i weigh like 185 only now its fat. :angry:
Didn't you have mono like 3 months ago? I didn't realize that it was such wicked stuff.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
s1ngletrack said:
Didn't you have mono like 3 months ago? I didn't realize that it was such wicked stuff.
Dude, I cant even get up 2 flights of stairs without breathing all heavy and my pulse racing. Its ****ing awful.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
BurlyShirley said:
Dude, I cant even get up 2 flights of stairs without breathing all heavy and my pulse racing. Its ****ing awful.
Dude - that sucks, though it does help to explain the animosity toward Thai Ho's that you expressed a while ago. :) I used to hear about it and wonder why it was such a big deal - never knew anyone who got it though.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
s1ngletrack said:
Dude - that sucks, though it does help to explain the animosity toward Thai Ho's that you expressed a while ago. :) I used to hear about it and wonder why it was such a big deal - never knew anyone who got it though.
I didnt get it from a Thai ho or even my GF. I have no clue where I got it. Its crazy.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
s1ngletrack said:
Woah Josh, you're exactly twice as old as me. That seems pretty old to be doin 8ft drops up at Todd's land. :evil: :thumb: ;)

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
I;m 17 and I haven;t grown in almost 2 years now. I hope I;m finished becuase I;m 6'3''

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I'll be 21 in a few days. I think I stopped growing around the end of 8th grade or so. I remember that, according to my highschool physicals I took to play football, I shrunk and lost weight through high school.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
If I said my joke will I get kicked off. Speedy getting the boot in ass treatment has me scared to say anything.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
I haven't grown at all in the past year (now 15), im now 6' and have some serious filling out to do (127lbs)

Honeywell

Monkey
Sep 21, 2001
Bellingham
I'm 21 and 6'3. I haven't grown since I was probably around 16. I still wear the same shoe size as I did way back in jr. high as well. In fact, I still wear some of the shirts that I had way back in jr. high. I've heard mid-twenties growth spurts are not all that uncommon though.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i'm 22, and some people i haven't seen in about 5 or 6 months keep asking how much taller i've gotten. my trip this summer apparently changed me physically, 'cause a lot of people are also saying i look more manly. whatever the hell that means? my weight has been kinda screwed up over the past few years. fluxuating a lot. like 15lbs worth.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I stopped getting taller at around 20. I was 5' 2" in my junior year of high school, and grew six inches before I graduated. I was nervous there for a while. I thought I had stopped growing at 5' 2" which would have really sucked.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I Are Baboon said:
I stopped getting taller at around 20. I was 5' 2" in my junior year of high school, and grew six inches before I graduated. I was nervous there for a while. I thought I had stopped growing at 5' 2" which would have really sucked.
:think: 6 inches........... plus 5'2".............

Doesn't that equal 5'8"? That's gotta suck, too..... :p

-S.S.-

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
SkaredShtles said:
:think: 6 inches........... plus 5'2".............

Doesn't that equal 5'8"? That's gotta suck, too..... :p

-S.S.-
I didn't stop growing when I graduated high school.

Isn't 5'8" the average for an American male?

BTW, I am 5'11" now.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Kidding.... I was just kidding, :monkey: ;)

-S.S.-

Well, he did leave some numbers out at first. :think: One could only conclude that he was a midget.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
mtnbkr4235 said:
Woah Josh, you're exactly twice as old as me. That seems pretty old to be doin 8ft drops up at Todd's land. :evil: :thumb: ;)
Nah - you're only as old as the girl you're shagging right? This makes me 25 - I've got many years left to endanger myself :thumb:

BTW - 32 is only old until YOU are 32...

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
I was 5'7" in the 8th grade........some 17 years laters I am still 5'7"

I think it's safe to say that's as tall as I'm getting :)

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
BurlyShirley said:
I got it in sixth grade and was over it in 3 weeks with another 3 week recovery period.

Friend got mono in junior high. He was sick for six months and then got 'recurrences' for two or three years.