Quantcast

AVALANCHES NEW INDEPENDENT HI/LO SPEED! Now available!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I was just at Avys website www.avalanchedownhillracing.com and saw this!
Yes this is the seperate adjuster that indepently controls the hi and lo seperatley allowing parking lot riding and big hit capability.
AAAHHHH! The avy man has given us new toy's!

Now I have to order 2 so I can have the goods on both bikes! :D

• Optional Independent Hi/Low Compression Adjuster available for the DHS and Piggyback shocks.

• Retro fits all DHS and Piggyback shocks.

• Allows for independent adjustment of low and high speed compression.

•Low speed is 22 clicks, high speed is 3.25 turns.

• Allows for plush small bumps and firmer big hit settings without compromise.

• Allows user to fine tune pedal bob without sacrificing small bump compliance.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
WheelieMan said:
You mean Avys didn't have independent high and low speed compression damping adjustment until now? What crap...

ha...ha.....hahah:rofl:

definitely going to look into getting one of those installed this summer.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
WheelieMan said:
You mean Avys didn't have independent high and low speed compression damping adjustment until now? What crap...
As of now the only other shock on the market to have it is the Ohlins/cane creek double barrel. The others claim independent but infact it isn't the one adjustment is compromised when adjusting the the other. Unlike spv etc.. this actually works and has a larger range of adjustments and control without having reliability issues.

AVY!AVY!AVY!

Just had to throw a chant in there.
As far as a people who don't like the cult they sure spend alot of time reading the posts and responding. :D

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Bit annoying he is charging $215US to upgrade to existing people who already bought one of his shocks, and only $50 to upgrade if you buy new. I love my avy but that is a bloody steep price to pay, i won't be getting it done to my shock :redhot:

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Cave Dweller said:
Bit annoying he is charging $215US to upgrade to existing people who already bought one of his shocks, and only $50 to upgrade if you buy new. I love my avy but that is a bloody steep price to pay, i won't be getting it done to my shock :redhot:

DIY mate, seriously

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Bicyclist said:
Wait, are the shocks waterproof too? If so, that would be awesome!!!

Yes, all Avy forks and shocks are waterproof, unlike the water resistant DH40 with a sponge for protection. :)

Avys got an A before now they get an A+. It took Avy a little longer on the dual adjustment, but perfection takes just a little longer. Unlike Fox, once again, and their air DHX and its "stuck" problem.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Cave Dweller said:

I think that includes a full rebuild too.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Cave Dweller said:
If you figure out all that you have saved by not blowing shocks since owning an avy then it's still cheaper to do the upgrade.
I spent too much on other shocks and none since purchasing my avys. I figure what I have saved I can add these to mine and it's still been cheaper in the long run.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
He is refering to my post in the DH40 thread. I still cant believe someone asked that about the DH40. My post was an attempt at being a smart a$$.

With the Montie, Avy now has all shock types covered for trail, FR, and DH. They better not come out with a air shock....... well maybe they could. Then even the XC guys would be riding an AVY. ;)

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Bicyclist said:
A little late, I'd say. ;)

heres the exploded view of the "a little late shock"

if you look closely, youll find that the shock in the diagram is NOT a DHS, the giveaway is the needle bearing in the eyelet.
its not a dhs because its an MTN (MTN3 actually).

MTN was released in 2000 if im not mistaken, thats 6 years ago.

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Hmm, I need to get my DHS revalved soon, but the price factor that CaveDweller mentioned could be a bit off-putting. So, it's $215 to install including service,revalving and rebuild? Hmm, somewhat tempting but doesn't get me jumping up and down:clue:

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
vitox said:
DIY mate, seriously
Yeh, but he is still charging $150 for the adjuster. He should at least do an inital cheap run for people who have already shelled out big $$ for his shocks.

I haven't got easy access to nitrogen either.

How hard is it to pull apart anyway? I imagine its not hard with the correct tools. Just let the charge out, use a pin spaner to open up the shock body is all there is to it right?? How much oil do you put back in though, how do you bleed it, make sure all the air is out etc? Do you undo the bladder and fill it from there and cycle till there is no air? I remeber a while ago craig talking about putting a DIY manual up.

Kanter said:
I think that includes a full rebuild too.
No good for me, i sent it back for a service 3 1/2 months ago, not due for another year. I live in australia, shipping is costly.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Cave Dweller said:
How hard is it to pull apart anyway? I imagine its not hard with the correct tools. Just let the charge out, use a pin spaner to open up the shock body is all there is to it right?? How much oil do you put back in though, how do you bleed it, make sure all the air is out etc? Do you undo the bladder and fill it from there and cycle till there is no air? I remeber a while ago craig talking about putting a DIY manual up.

you dont need a pin spanner actually.
if you are decently apt at working on forks and similar, andif youre intersted in DIYing it, pm me.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
BigMike said:
The question is, would a layman like me even be able to make use of those adjustments?
Without a problem.
Craigs stuff is straight forward and because of that you can actually tell a difference when you make an adjustment, this helps really dial your bike in. Unlike other items out there that claim it makes a difference and then when you realize it didn't it's generally too late.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
bullcrew said:
Without a problem.
Craigs stuff is straight forward and because of that you can actually tell a difference when you make an adjustment, this helps really dial your bike in. Unlike other items out there that claim it makes a difference and then when you realize it didn't it's generally too late.
Are you getting your Hi-Low in rasta camo?

The Hi-Low is dope. I might spring for it in the future. Im not a knob tinkerer though. Ive even thought about having the remote rez removed from my DHS to save the weight.

i wonder if I should remove the giant FOX RACING SHOX sticker from my remote before sending it in for service ??

joel

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
Nice to hear that the lo/hi speed comp is out for the DHS. I will be looking forward to get my greasy hands on one next time the shock goes in for service....

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
seismic said:
...but even perfection can be improved:)
How is that possible?? Perfection is 100%. You can't get better than a 100% result.

It's like saying "infinity plus one." It doesn't exist.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
ChrisRobin said:
How is that possible?? Perfection is 100%. You can't get better than a 100% result.

yes it does, you're wrong

duh

:nopity:

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
ChrisRobin said:

....of course it exists....what about a 110% result = Avy with hi/lo comp adj. :love: :love: :love: :rofl: