Quantcast

AVALANCHES NEW INDEPENDENT HI/LO SPEED! Now available!

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
bullcrew said:
Infinity X 2 = 100% perfection and then some with allowable room for even more perfection without sacraficing the fact that it was perfect to begin with. All this ='s perfect perfection. :D
PERFECT! +10

:agree: :agree: :agree:

MaxDamageDA

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
Poland
And im thinking to get it done myself. The only problem is that its really small thing with very complicated shape, but maybe ;> My dhs is already perfect for me ;) Ive just filled it with 10 oil , it compresses hard now, just like i wanted to.

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
WheelieMan said:
I was under the impression that the AVY was already perfect. At least that's what you cult members have told me.
They were perfect. Now they have raised the level of perfection!
:)

kail

Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
Montana
Damn, I just got my Avy back a couple of weeks ago from its annual servicing. Oh well, it feels PERFECT anyway!:thumb:

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
*** grave dig **

Sorry boys, thought i would bring this back up instead of starting a new thread.

So it's been out for 3 months now, who has got the high / low speed adjuster and did they think it was worth it? Make a huge difference in pedalling etc?

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
dcf said:
i have the avy, on my m3 and work great

avy rulessssss
Most thoughtful post of the friggin day...

This thread isn't about your Avalanche shock, it's about the new independent hi/lo speed adjuster.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
the new upgrade is by far one of the best things that happened to my bike. what insane difference it made. there use to be sort of a dead feeling. and when ever i did a pretty big drop, to a land with a g-out it would bottom. now i can't bottom the thing at all. and it pedals 10times better.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/DHSmilky/yea.jpg

plus the red/blue adjusters, match..

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
jonKranked said:
steve, why don't you just have Doc install a vagina on that bike so you can f*** it? :rofl:
someone wanted a review. stop being such a tool

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
According to my tracking number my Avy should be back TODAY with the new hi/lo adjuster.

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
so Kanter it'll be going on your 06 Fly right?
is the rest of the setup the same as your pic there?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
DHS said:
so Kanter it'll be going on your 06 Fly right?
is the rest of the setup the same as your pic there?

Everything is the same but I have an 06 888 on the Fly now. Ya, the Avy will be going back on the Fly. I had a little problem with high speed dirt jumps, so I thought the hi/lo might help. I might not have had it set up right.

The Curnutt stinks..... I want my AVY back.

seismic said:
I would love to know why it failed....I hope you get an explanation from Craig and share it with us !
Maybe Craig will chime in.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
If he doesn't, I'm sure the shop will let me know what Craig told them. They're pretty good about answering all my techy questions with well thought out answers. Here's a sampling:

Me: "What the hell went wrong with this...??"
*I put the E-Thirteen Bash Guard in 3 pieces on the counter*
Them: "Well....looks like you hit something pretty hard...."
Me: "Oh..."

Nah...J/K! It was the wierdest thing...I do hope I find out what happened...cause if it *was* my fault:nopity: :help: ....that'll really suck!:dead:

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
jonKranked..get out!!!!!!! leave here..just kidding, its your bestest friend jesse from emerson..hi steve too!

DHS

Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
c.o.d51
awww thats soo cute, now you just need the ti spring to match the bike frame

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
or a physical manual (sorry for the redundancy but my digicam's 'manual focus' consists of two buttons actuating some electronics which is the least precise focusing tool ever, i end up being forced to use the godam AF) focus on the lens and some practice.

But the real question remains: Will this shock fit on a PDC eight2five? And the subsequent: how does it compare to the Double Barrel? In terms of packaging, adjustment, and performance.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
CreeP said:
But the real question remains: Will this shock fit on a PDC eight2five? And the subsequent: how does it compare to the Double Barrel? In terms of packaging, adjustment, and performance.

no it wont fit

the DHS will fit however and is a HUGE upgrade over the stock swinger, plus craig already has the valving dialed for it.

Universe

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Courtenay, BC
I liked my avy in some ways, but the chronic topping out was annoying. When asked Craig said "thats normal" Huh. Wonder if these are any better.