Quantcast

Avy Cult!

CombatSanta

Chimp
May 28, 2007
JamRock
Okay so here we go then, first post and everything.

Im getting my hands on a slightly used Avy DHF7 ti, so you might understand that im getting pretty stoked over here. The thing is that i dont know wich stem to get, i was hoping that it would be possible with some bolt on thingy but i guess thats not possible.
Fist i was thinking about a chromag but then i realised that they were a bit expensive, now im looking on a nsbikes radiator. Not sure what im gonna get yet. Hope getting some tips in here.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Okay so here we go then, first post and everything.

Im getting my hands on a slightly used Avy DHF7 ti, so you might understand that im getting pretty stoked over here. The thing is that i dont know wich stem to get, i was hoping that it would be possible with some bolt on thingy but i guess thats not possible.
Fist i was thinking about a chromag but then i realised that they were a bit expensive, now im looking on a nsbikes radiator. Not sure what im gonna get yet. Hope getting some tips in here.
Avy DHF series doesn't have a direct mount stem. nor is there enough material on the top crown to just drill holes for one.

just buy a thomson, and stop worrying about it

CombatSanta

Chimp
May 28, 2007
JamRock
just got the fork today, gonna be awsome when i have it mounted on my rig.
And now for another question i got. The fork guards, are they some kind of standard component or is it an avy only.
I saw another upside down fork wich used some standard mx fork guard, dont rememebr what fork it was. Maybe dorado or shiver. Or maybe im completely mistaken :)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
you are kind of mistaken. I think all the other fork gaurds use proprietary parts. The DHF series takes KX80 or KX85 kawasaki plastics. You can get them in white or black if you search hard, they're about 35 bucks in black. Stock gaurds are really nice and thick though, not sure about the replacements.

The MTN-8 uses like kx125 gaurds or something.