Quantcast

> Awake, ... <

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
First day meeting the team at the office. Being the CEO is a nice landing. There there so not some boss you have to please and tell how amazing they are. Now its role reversal and a group of people who have to tell me how amazing I am :happydance:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I didn't care about running on icy roads this morning, so I dragged myself into work for a rare Monday office appearance just so I could climb my fat ass onto one of the fitness center treadmills and did that for an hour.

In other news, our foster pup got adopted Saturday (not sure if I mentioned that or not). Wife cried, as she does. We'll get another foster but not for a few weeks because we got shit going on.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Snow needs plowing/shoveling.
DSO needs to walk/poop.
Work needs to be pretended to be started.
Yet here I sit.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Nothing but rain as far as the eye can see, or at least the full 10 day forecast. Should be a mellow week, but I honestly have no idea.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
there’s something out there waiting for us and it ain’t no man, we’re all gonna die!

Check out the size of my gaping hole!

IMG_2986.jpeg

So much room for activities

most of the moisture is gone but need a jamb saw to flush cut the subfloor from the wall. Will prob end up replacing two full sheets.

in other news,

big city marketplace is fun

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
there’s something out there waiting for us and it ain’t no man, we’re all gonna die!

Check out the size of my gaping hole!

View attachment 206088

So much room for activities

most of the moisture is gone but need a jamb saw to flush cut the subfloor from the wall. Will prob end up replacing two full sheets.

in other news,

big city marketplace is fun
OMT? That's what I've always used when cutting subfloor out near walls.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Awake. Body is starting to remind me that it doesn't like standing for three days straight in cold weather, especially when one day it is raining. I sent out a lot of "schedule a meeting with your advisor" and "register for a class" emails Thursday before I left and they worked - my inbox is chock full. Good job dumbass...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
wtf, my back just won't stop giving me grief. I've been doing everything I can to keep it in shape, doing my physio-recommended mobility routine, and my daily "McGill Big 3" strengthening routine. But I still have pain. It's been like this for about 6 weeks now?! Oddly, it's always different. Right now it's a shooting pain that's almost (but not quite) taking my breath away. The pain seems to go away when I can bike and/or skate ski regularly, so now that it's finally snowed I can get out again. hopefully that helps.

Back at work now; supposed to be in the office but just can't be arsed. might go in for a couple of hours this afternoon, just to say I logged in from there (apparently that's the metric our organization is using to track compliance - log-ins from the network). no one else is in today that I know of, so it's not like I'll be missed...

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
wtf, my back just won't stop giving me grief. I've been doing everything I can to keep it in shape, doing my physio-recommended mobility routine, and my daily "McGill Big 3" strengthening routine. But I still have pain. It's been like this for about 6 weeks now?! Oddly, it's always different. Right now it's a shooting pain that's almost (but not quite) taking my breath away. The pain seems to go away when I can bike and/or skate ski regularly, so now that it's finally snowed I can get out again. hopefully that helps.

Back at work now; supposed to be in the office but just can't be arsed. might go in for a couple of hours this afternoon, just to say I logged in from there (apparently that's the metric our organization is using to track compliance - log-ins from the network). no one else is in today that I know of, so it's not like I'll be missed...
Caveat- all backs / bodies are different.

I have had back problems since I was a little boy and fell out of a hayloft. Derp. Over the ensuing 40 years, I tried everything. Physiotherapy, acupuncture, weightlifting, strength training, yoga, running, riding, “actively doing nothing,” etc.

The biggest two positive changes were:

1. surgery. Tiny incision to trim a flattened disc and clean up some arthritis.

2. calming the eff down. When my back would start hurting, I’d get tense, which in turn would make my back tighten up and hurt more, which in turn would make me more tense…and on and on. Once I started reminding myself “chill. It’ll be ok!” I found that aches, pains and tightness would go away quicker…

My apex pain was sneezing while driving a truck with a loaded trailer and the pain being so bad that I “lost vision” (or at least the ability to process what I was seeing) for a split second. Decided right then and there that I was going under the knife!

“cool story, bruh”

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
DSO has been outside 3 times, still no pooping.
Have snowplowed the roads and our driveway.
Now pretending to work.