Quantcast

>>> Back to school Monday GTM <<<

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Kids started school again, its getting colder and the rain is back. I guess that was the unofficial end of summer.

Rode 125km in 5 hours yesterday on my lastes gravel bike. Bigger tires are more fun off road for sure and Di2 is brilliant. This was prep for a 130km on Saturday.

Had unwelcome visitors on the property again last week. This time they stole small stuff and I got them on the new security cameras. Fuckers stole my sandles!

They just walked in like it was nothing and continued into the next house where my neighbor chased them out as he was home.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning,

Wife and son are back after their 10 day trip to see the wife's family. Having the house all to myself for that long started out fun but it got fairly boring quickly.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Two real days of work this week. Unfortunately today is one of them.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Lots of around the house work this weekend. Got the power steering lines changed on the M on Thursday, but upon assembly was missing 2 small parts for splash tray, which BMW didn't have. As it's up and a pain to put down and get back up again, I didn't put it down to change the oil on the Subaru. That goes onto this week's to do list. Actually got Wifey to plan this week's dinners in advance with me, so our grocery shopping was about half normal and we're digging into frozen stuff.That's a plus, as it saves on money, which I'm always a fan of.

Also got mostly caught up on Mint and general finances. Figured out our net worth at a notably higher amount than I thought we were. Still not on pace to be able to retire at 60; a lot more work needs to happen before that. If I can get the spending down another $20k/year by 60, I'm out. 22 more years... God that sounds too fucking long.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Had a long weekend that started out nice with a MTB ride with the husband then did a bunch of work around the house that included some lumber work (milled some 8x8x8 stringers to replace a bridge, milled some 2x14x6 boards for the decking, removed old bridge then installed stringers and new decking to make a kick ass new bridge) sawed, split and stacked a face cord of wood; sawed and piled a couple more. Then I had church and a friend's wake...f'n cancer...he was far too young (51) and was diagnosed about a year ago. I taught both of his children and became friends with the family. It's so hard to deal with the "when bad things happen to good people". I take comfort in knowing he didn't suffer for a long time, but it still sucks!

Today, I'm watching the neighbor kids while they have appointments with his doctors (thyroid cancer is back). We need to find a cure for this crap!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Kids started school again, its getting colder and the rain is back. I guess that was the unofficial end of summer.

Rode 125km in 5 hours yesterday on my lastes gravel bike. Bigger tires are more fun off road for sure and Di2 is brilliant. This was prep for a 130km on Saturday.

Had unwelcome visitors on the property again last week. This time they stole small stuff and I got them on the new security cameras. Fuckers stole my sandles!

They just walked in like it was nothing and continued into the next house where my neighbor chased them out as he was home.
Something is rotten in Denmark. (Couldn't resist)

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkeys! I spent the weekend helping my neighbor split wood from trees he stole from the National Forest, I wore gloves so, aside from this - I left no incriminating evidence. I also shot him and buried him in the basement because he seemed like a squealer.*

I am now preparing of a 20 mile slog in the woods. :)

EDIT: Change of plans due to 60% chance of rain between 2 and 4. I am going to ride the CDT at MacDonald Pass near Helena. That means I am late. :monkey:

*portions of the preceding are a dramatization of what might have happened if ancient aliens hadn't bestowed gifts of magnetic underpants to ancient geeks.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

hide in hedges and drill them with a fucking baseball bat...

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Statistics show that criminals that have been shot by a shotgun tend to commit less crimes in the future!

Uneventful weekend. Got a new desk for my spare room and moved my computer to in there.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Almost forgot, Spec Miata is in play as replacement to M. Wifey is on board because she gets a convertible to ride around in during the summer.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Almost forgot, Spec Miata is in play as replacement to M. Wifey is on board because she gets a convertible to ride around in during the summer.
so you will never go anywhere in the miata then......if toshi was too tall for a miata...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
so you will never go anywhere in the miata then......if toshi was too tall for a miata...
With a race bucket mounted to the floor? I have been in one as such and fit. I did NOT fit into the passenger side. I honestly think Toshi's torso is longer than mine.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

FIL made it out of surgery okay yesterday. Surgeon was amazed he’s not paralyzed. Good thing too cause I’m not sure he’d cope with that very well.

Gotta fix up the leak in our vent fan then hit the road. In Dawson Creek right now, mile 0 of the Alcan Highway. Only 1,200 miles or so separates us from Alaska.

@jonKranked im in real bro dozer country now. They are running around everywhere like mosquitoes.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
With a race bucket mounted to the floor? I have been in one as such and fit. I did NOT fit into the passenger side. I honestly think Toshi's torso is longer than mine.
what....are you like 4 feet of legs and 2 feet 4 inches of torso?....:D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I approve of the concept, but you have time to race Spec Miata now? Also note that a stripped out SM (as distinct from a merely naked Serial Midget, mind you) will be incredibly loud and rough riding. Not sure that one's going to fly in reality...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Mornin!

FIL made it out of surgery okay yesterday. Surgeon was amazed he’s not paralyzed. Good thing too cause I’m not sure he’d cope with that very well.

Gotta fix up the leak in our vent fan then hit the road. In Dawson Creek right now, mile 0 of the Alcan Highway. Only 1,200 miles or so separates us from Alaska.

@jonKranked im in real bro dozer country now. They are running around everywhere like mosquitoes.
some of the most beautiful places in alaska can only seen by bush plane i think...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
some of the most beautiful places in alaska can only seen by bush plane i think...
Unfortunately that’s true. While doing research we quickly found out how many places you either have to be flown or ferried too. We’ll just have to see what we can see and come back for the rest.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
hide in hedges and drill them with a fucking baseball bat...
The ironic thing is I was in line at the police station to register my new bike but saw the alert too late to shout at them through the Nest camera. I know to call the police as soon as I see somebody walk in on the property next time if I am not there to home run them.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I have to say, long-term proper fiscal planning around a house is painfully expensive up front.
- Solar panels: $10-15k, but pays for self in 7-9 years and lasts for 20.
- Xeriscape half of front yard: $4k, water and time savings? Who knows
- Garden beds in side yard: $800 -> $200/ bed (2'x8'), 4 or 5 beds and maybe a peach tree. Paid for in 4-5 years
- Turf instead of grass in the backyard: $7-9k; Save ~$700/yr maintenance (water, fert, weed killer, etc), maintenance time saved 2 hrs every other week.

And then having to fix the damn deck and Wifey wants me to put in a new stacked stone finish around the fireplace... FTS.