Banshee Legdend

TrekBro

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Greensboro NC
You mean like- its a parallel link suspension-

It does run a high to low pivot spread- which is a trait of all Canfield's-

But ride the legend and then ride the Jedi- and you tell me-
I was saving to get one on April, but it sucks that we regular people can't get them until August... maybe?, so it's going to be hard to test one and then a Jedi. might go for the Jedi tho, I have always liked your bikes.

Terrorfirma

Chimp
Sep 29, 2004
You mean like- its a parallel link suspension-

It does run a high to low pivot spread- which is a trait of all Canfield's-

But ride the legend and then ride the Jedi- and you tell me-
Hey CC.
I think I will... should be fun too.
Lance has been relegated to riding a hardtail uphills until I get to see him in a few weeks. So it will be fun to ride the Legend and F1 back to back on Speedtrap shuttles. You should keep one of the new Jedi's there.

Yes I can make you one in rootbeer :D

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I was saving to get one on April, but it sucks that we regular people can't get them until August... maybe?, so it's going to be hard to test one and then a Jedi. might go for the Jedi tho, I have always liked your bikes.
I've heard it's not august but may/june but there was also no fixed date so it could delay.

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
does the legend have a reward arch?
Yes, the Legend has a rearward arch.

And the Jedi has a OMG REARWARD!!!1! arch.

Note:
rearward = quite rearward through the first half of it's travel, more so than just about any other normal chainline bike out there.
OMG REARWARD = mega-rearward, the kind of rearward that is only possible with a chain idler pulley.

While both bikes look similar in terms of suspension and function on similar principles (and are even made in the same factory), they are in reality quite different and will ride quite differently as well. From what I heard, they were developed in parallel without each other knowing even though the Canfield and Banshee boys are friends - guess great minds think alike.

Post up when that Jedi vs. Legend comparo is done, would love to hear about it!

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
From what I heard, they were developed in parallel without each other knowing even though the Canfield and Banshee boys are friends - guess great minds think alike.
QUOTE]

We have been building the F1 type suspension since 1999, we have been developing this suspension longer than anyone currently in the industy. The Jedi was prototyped (Aug 07) and tested, 6 months before the Legend protyping started (Feb-March 08). We where in the middle of production when the first protype Legend was built, right before the Taipei show last spring. We shipped to customers within a month of the protype Legend being finished. Not sure how it's possible that he didn't know about our bikes, he's been in the industry and at our factory for a long time. Seems just a little off to me. :crazy:

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
From what I heard, they were developed in parallel without each other knowing even though the Canfield and Banshee boys are friends - guess great minds think alike.
QUOTE]

We have been building the F1 type suspension since 1999, we have been developing this suspension longer than anyone currently in the industy...
Well, you've heard it straight from Canfields mouth now, so I retract my previous statement.

But the Canfield Bros are making it sound like they are the alpha and omega when it comes to "parallel" linkage type designs in the industry, and I'm not sure I'd go that far... Karpiel was doing it before them and there have been many since. (You could say that Karpiels weren't "parallel", but I'm not seeing anything close to "parallel" on the Jedi either...)

As for the implication that the Legend is a knock off of the Jedi, it's probably got more in common with an IH Sunday than a Jedi in terms of the way the suspension actually works, even though you've got a different shock position.

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
i think the "parallel linkage" tag has just been stuck with canfield bros since the fatty fat, where the links actually were almost parallel, the jedi is clearly different.

there is a plethora of bikes out that use 2 short links to rotate the rear end, but none i have seen claim to have the same rearward travel thru the whole path.

Terrorfirma

Chimp
Sep 29, 2004
Well, you've heard it straight from Canfields mouth now, so I retract my previous statement.

As for the implication that the Legend is a knock off of the Jedi, it's probably got more in common with an IH Sunday than a Jedi in terms of the way the suspension actually works, even though you've got a different shock position.
The Jedi may have been prototyped in August 08 but thats still 3 years after Keith had already received his Master degree in Mechanical engineering with the Legend as his thesis project. It hasn't changed much since that time. Sure the Fatty Fat and Formula 1 were around but theres no way we could have known about the Jedi at that time in 2005.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
This thread got real awkward real fast.

I'm gonna go ahead and say both are pretty sweet.

builttoride

Chimp
Jan 21, 2007
wow there. can't we all just be friends?

I hadn't seen the jedi until way after I had finished the legend, which I had been working on for a long time, but it is irrelavent as both bikes work quite differently, despite looking very slightly similar in one regard.

Less bitching more riding guys! We have a good relationship with the great guys at Canfield, and I want to keep it that way.

Last edited:

phingerhex

Chimp
Mar 3, 2006
oakland/pacifica
yep yep yep - love love

i don't think anyone is trying to say anything but than again what do i know??? :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

anyways - from riding both, both bikes ride totally different and should suite dif. strokes for dif. folks.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Wow, the two bikes have less in common than a V10 and M3/M6, less in common than a Foes Fly and Yeti ASX. They are very different.

Go ride your friggin bikes.