Quantcast

Beacon Blowout!!!!!!!!

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
You probably think I come up with new things just to move this thread back to the top . . . and you'd be right. That's promotion for you :).

Seriously, I just learned today that the Beacon Blowout will be the WA State DH Championship. The flyer/entry form has been (once again) revised to reflect this. It also has the location/address for Camp Sekani (for the benefit of those unfamiliar with where it is). It still has the fill-in fields and radio buttons that Trailhacker was kind enough to create for me, so you can fill it all in before you print it out.

Remember too that if you want to enter online, for a small extra service fee, you can enter on Active.com. Just click the link in my earlier post.

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
The Beacon Blowout presented by the Bicycle Butler will be the Washington State DH Championships!! This should make the competition more fierce. So get out there and start training...and get signed up for the race. You can find a .PDF registration in this thread, or register online at active.com. Y
ou can register right up to the close of practice on Saturday, but if you want in on the BBQ (which will be Burgers, Hot Dogs, Chips and Sodas) we have to have you registration by midnight, May 14. No late fees or anything, but we need a count of folks for the BBQ so we need those by the 14th. Remember the BBQ is included in your registration. You can let us feed you dinner and save the money for enjoying the fine "Slow-cane" nightlife!!

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
bikerpunk98199 said:
theres no beginner 15-18 on the online registration
Sorry about that!!! It WAS there the other day. A helpful person at Active.com broke things up into categories for me and failed to transfer all of the ages. If she hasn't fixed it by tonight, I will get into the site and change it myself.

Sorry for the inconvenience - - Things should be corrected by 8 pm tonight at the latest. --Doug

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
bikerpunk98199 said:
any idea what the course will be like?
It will be like Beacon . . . only more so . . . a bit of one course, a bit of the other . . . so --- Beacon Bits :)

Sorry - - I think I've already posted this, but the plan is to use the upper half of the 'new' course down through the Twisted Sister and hop over to the 'old' course and do its lower half (from the big sand jump at the road gap on down).

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
MinorThreat said:
It will be like Beacon . . . only more so . . . a bit of one course, a bit of the other . . . so --- Beacon Bits :)

Sorry - - I think I've already posted this, but the plan is to use the upper half of the 'new' course down through the Twisted Sister and hop over to the 'old' course and do its lower half (from the big sand jump at the road gap on down).
I have to admit.....

I laughed at "Beacon Bits" :rolleyes:

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
bikerpunk98199 said:
what the course like though? ive never bin there. dry and rocky or what?
I can't help a smart ass answer here.....dry if it doesn't rain, wet if it does! But seriously, Beacon has a bit of everything: rocks, drops, jumps, a road gap, berms. It is a short run though. 2:00 to 3:00 run times average. you should try to get over here and check it out before the race. There's a lot more to Beacon than just the race course!

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
bikerpunk98199 said:
what the course like though? ive never bin there. dry and rocky or what?
The other day Thom9719 posted this link: http://broadbandsports.com/node/683 to some video he shot of Beacon (in the "...Beacon rideable?" thread).

On it, there's footage of some of the sections of both the old and new courses. (There's also a lot of pure DJing too on some of the bigger stunts). Watch that vid and you'll get a feel for some of the lines at Beacon.

Burrito 03

Chimp
Nov 21, 2003
Marysville, Washington
Do you guys think there will be enough time for some of us to race in two different classes? For example I was hoping I could do the ht class and the 19-29 sport. Or would it be pushing it since we have to hike back up the hill? Just curious! Hopefully I can make it over I love messing around on beacon.

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Burrito 03 said:
Do you guys think there will be enough time for some of us to race in two different classes? For example I was hoping I could do the ht class and the 19-29 sport. Or would it be pushing it since we have to hike back up the hill? Just curious! Hopefully I can make it over I love messing around on beacon.
We will make sure that you can race both classes. Here's the deal: you will have to mail in your registration to do 2 classes and we will discount the second race $10...so you can run two races for $35. As far as the schedule for racing...we will work things so you a) have time to hike it back to the top in time or if that does not work out b) we will shuttle you in a truck for the second run.

If you want to sign up for one race online, you can and then mail in the second with a note. The online reg is not set up to allow a discount.

If anyone has other questions (about the race:)) email me direct eric@milliseconds.com

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Latest news!! We've made it even easier to register if you are running two classes. You can do it on the Active.com online entry. It will allow you to do the second signup and will automatically give you the $10 discount at checkout. Can't beat that. Props to the Active.com people for being so helpful.

freeridenchk

Chimp
Sep 13, 2005
MinorThreat said:
The other day Thom9719 posted this link: http://broadbandsports.com/node/683 to some video he shot of Beacon (in the "...Beacon rideable?" thread).

On it, there's footage of some of the sections of both the old and new courses. (There's also a lot of pure DJing too on some of the bigger stunts). Watch that vid and you'll get a feel for some of the lines at Beacon.
WOW! me & some buddies from Bozeman will definitely be coming to race Beacon. That vid got me so pumped to ride there! I absoloutely cannot wait, it looks incredibly awesome. VERY NICE VID BTW

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
I'll be there for sure guys and thanks for putting in the effort for us to have a race IN washington!

skifourlife

Chimp
Apr 30, 2006
Spokompton , WA
riverside73 said:
Here it is. Hot off the presses. The official Beacon Blowout DH Race Flyer/Registration form. Please feel free to print it off, mass produce and post in your favorite bike shop. It's formatted for legal size paper. Thanks for everyone's support and hope to see you there! Email me with questions, or call the Bicycle Butler. Address and phone number is on the flyer.
Eric Stinks...

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
haha yeah racing uphill to the top then riding down, how about 5 laps eh? anyways, i like the combined time format, makes it so you can't get lucky one run and win.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
it says to look for a prompt to register in both hardtail and age and get a $10.00 discount. either im really dumb or there is no prompt?

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
bent^biker said:
it says to look for a prompt to register in both hardtail and age and get a $10.00 discount. either im really dumb or there is no prompt?
I'll have to check my e-mails from the Active.com rep when i get to work Monday. Prompt should come up sometime bfore checkout when you do the first registration (have to do one at a time. Should ask you if you want to register for another class with a note that you'll save $10. Try going all the way thru your first reg. If it doesn't work, PM me and I'll get hold of Active Mon. a.m.

If nothing else, get signed up for both and we'll rebate you ourselves if we have to. Be sure to bring both receipts as proof that you paid too much. Sorry for the inconvenience. Active is very conscientious and responsive, but I was not aware there was a problem.