Quantcast

Beers best avoided...........

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ska Brewing out of Durango:

True Blonde Ale: Wasn't expecting much, and didn't get much. :p
Nut Brown Ale: Ummm........ this is an ale?? Where's the *taste*?
10-pin Porter: This is supposed to be a *PORTER*??? This $hit tastes just like the nut brown. Which means there isn't much.

Two thumbs down for the whole line. :mumble:

-S.S.-

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
Fosters sucked the big one tonight in a shootout with Red Stripe and Killian's Red . . . something, I cannot remember.
Anyways, Fosters does not = beer.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Saranac Lager, not sure what they were thinking when they made that one but its terrible. Then again I pretty much stopped liking all lagers a while ago.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
SkaredShtles said:

10-pin Porter: This is supposed to be a *PORTER*??? This $hit tastes just like the nut brown. Which means there isn't much.

Two thumbs down for the whole line. :mumble:

-S.S.-
My vote is for Buffalo Bill's Orange Blossom Cream Ale.
This tasted like I was drinking a Genny cream, and when I was not looking, someone snuck up & dumped about half a box of orange Tic-Tacs in my beer!

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Any of the Japanese mass produced beers. Muck really. Australian mass produced as well. Coopers a notable exception.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Mackie said:
My vote is for Buffalo Bill's Orange Blossom Cream Ale.
This tasted like I was drinking a Genny cream, and when I was not looking, someone snuck up & dumped about half a box of orange Tic-Tacs in my beer!
Wow that sounds like the worst beverage ever created.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Any beer left out in the sun.

I got home last night and realized I wa out of beer. I grabbed a couple of Fosters that had been sitting on my back porch. They were left over from a party. They were plenty cold by the time I got to them and they were still completely un-drinkable. Apparently the UV has a neg effect.

Normally a consider Fosters a borderline drinkable beer, especially in a pinch.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
BigStonz said:
Stewart's covenient stores used to have their own brand...Narragansett. Even as a high school I couldn't handle that stuff.
Narragansett isn't a Stewarts brand. They were based out of Rhode Island before they original brewery closed. We used to get it up in Maine when I was a kid, it was a staple in my Grandpa's fridge! It stopped being produced all together in 1983.

http://www.breweriana.com/history/historygansett.html

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
buildyourown said:
Any beer left out in the sun.

I got home last night and realized I wa out of beer. I grabbed a couple of Fosters that had been sitting on my back porch. They were left over from a party. They were plenty cold by the time I got to them and they were still completely un-drinkable. Apparently the UV has a neg effect.

Normally a consider Fosters a borderline drinkable beer, especially in a pinch.
There's ya problem. Never, in any circumstances, consider Fosters drinkable. A hint for you- Australian don't even drink Fosters.

Froggy

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
New Fairfield, CT
McGRP01 said:
Narragansett isn't a Stewarts brand. They were based out of Rhode Island before they original brewery closed. We used to get it up in Maine when I was a kid, it was a staple in my Grandpa's fridge! It stopped being produced all together in 1983.

Man, I must have been drinking some old beer! We used to buy that in high school, 89-90. $8.99 a case.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Anything with fruit in it, especially apricots. Yuk.

All the stuff from the middle right in your local beer cooler too. (good beers always seem to be on the left)

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
oly said:
Hmmm....I don't agree. I've had quite a few enjoyable beers with fruit. Magic Hat Number 9, Long Trail Blackberry are two I can think of. Some do suck, though...can't deny that.

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
oly said:
That's crazy talk yo!

Go try some Dogfish Head Aprihop and tell me apricots should still be avoided.

Best avoided: Anything New Belgium. Anything advertised on TV.

vtrider

Monkey
Apr 11, 2005
vermont
This stuff called Blue Ribbon, i dont think it should even be called beer. It was on sale for real cheap, and now i know why. it tasted like someone took water, and dumped a few scoops of barley in there for a second, and then quickly drained it out, bottled it and sold it. Good God, never again. :nope:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
JRogers said:
Hmmm....I don't agree. I've had quite a few enjoyable beers with fruit. Magic Hat Number 9, Long Trail Blackberry are two I can think of. Some do suck, though...can't deny that.
Yay! I'm glad someone defended Magic Hat #9. It's one of my favorites :thumb:

As for good brewing gone bad, I have to vote for Ithaca Beer. And speaking of fruit, Ithaca's Apricot Wheat Ale is horendous...every other brew just plain sucks.

Beth

webb

Chimp
Mar 13, 2005
echo park
anything in a green bottle (grolsch included). the green glass lets in light that allows microbes to grow, helping the beer skunkify quicker.

for some reason, I've never been able to finish an amstel light. that's the worst beer I've ever had. swag beers included...

vtrider- was that pabst blue ribbon? if so, that's a beer that's not meant to be tasted., that's purely chaser/shotgun fodder. but it serves it's purpose well. have a one after a jager shot and you'll see.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
you guys are all a bunch of little school girls.

Beer is like sex, even when its bad, its still pretty damn good!

As the saying goes, I fear no beer.
I like it all.

Gleeke

Chimp
Jan 14, 2005
Rhode Island, USA
McGRP01 said:

Whne I bought my house I found a Narragansett opener in the basement. You can still buy it in RI...I think a brewery in San Aanonio, TX is still making it. Though they may have just bought the name. They only just tore down the brewery about 6-7yrs ago. I know some people who did some of the demolition and they said that inside was like everyone just disappered in the middle of the day. I know someone else who bought the gas lanterns that were part of the gate. Today a Lowe's, KMart, Katherine Gibbs School and Willy Nelson's Texas RoadHouse sit on those ground.

Narragansett does suck big wind though. I might have to say that and Gennesse Cream Ale. :blah:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
SkaredShtles said:

Comedy gold, those are two of the beer's that CH and JustJames got for the guys down at the Evil tent (with the stolen trashcan...lounge thread is coming) at Sea Otter from the Safeway for like 10 cents a bottle (tag switching). I chugged one of the Blonde ones...I wanted to die. I was writhing in agony on the floor.

Ham's was the third beer they got...this was quite possibly the most disgusting crap ever...oh dear...Fresh blue water my ass...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
blue said:
Comedy gold, those are two of the beer's that CH and JustJames got for the guys down at the Evil tent (with the stolen trashcan...lounge thread is coming) at Sea Otter from the Safeway for like 10 cents a bottle (tag switching). I chugged one of the Blonde ones...I wanted to die. I was writhing in agony on the floor.
I'm pretty sure that they survive by selling to bikers, on account of them brewing in Durango. "Dude - they make this in *DURANGO* - it must kick ass!"

It's swill. Expensive swill to boot. :mad:

-S.S.-

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
SkaredShtles said:
I'm pretty sure that they survive by selling to bikers, on account of them brewing in Durango. "Dude - they make this in *DURANGO* - it must kick ass!"

It's swill. Expensive swill to boot. :mad:

-S.S.-
Haha, I think it was in the cheap outdated skunked pile at Safeway...I'll direct CH to the direction of this thread.

Honeywell said:
Guinness :eviltongu
Pussy.

If it's brown drink it down. There might be some beers out there that are less than savory, but hell they get you drunk. Isn't that what it's for? A former boss told me that only alcoholics enjoy the taste of beer. Well I enjoy a lot of beer whether its cheap, expensive, tasty, or not. A bad tasting beer is just more of a reason to drink faster.

If I would mention just one bad beer...the Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye tastes like absolute garbage, but I'll still happily drink it down if it is offered to me.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
I like a bunch a different beers and hate a bunch of others. What really cracks me up is you beer junkies that would drink hot goat piss and call it delicious as long as the person serving claimed that it was beer.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
scoundrel said:
<snip> There might be some beers out there that are less than savory, but hell they get you drunk. Isn't that what it's for?
Ummm... no. This might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. :think:

A former boss told me that only alcoholics enjoy the taste of beer.
I stand corrected. *This* is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

A bad tasting beer is just more of a reason to drink faster.
Wow - I was wrong *again* - this one stands atop the dumb things pile. :rolleyes:

<snip> but I'll still happily drink it down if it is offered to me.
So if I offered you a beer based on horse-piss, you'd drink it? :confused:

-S.S.-

P.S. Your post *was* a joke, right? :think:

audj

Chimp
Apr 23, 2005
scurban said:
you guys are all a bunch of little school girls.

Beer is like sex, even when its bad, its still pretty damn good!

As the saying goes, I fear no beer.
I like it all.

here! here!