Quantcast

Bender RAMPAGE

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Taking a bit of time to adjust to the new ride? Seems like he used to nose it in on everything on the old bike - this sequence was doomed from the start . It must be awesome to be so (?) that you don't worry about eating it on something like this.

It would be sick to see a sequence of someone cleaning this same line

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
foxfreerider11 said:
hmmm wonder if it hurt? it looks like he landed pretty chil.....but then again he was like 20+ feet up
More like 40ish. It is really big...I don't know, this picture does do it justice, but standing there does it more justice. I know (because they measured it with a tape measure) that the lip to the absolute top of the tranny was 65ft. He touched down at about the 75-80ft mark and I am thinking that is 30-40ft down from where he took off.

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
It didn't look like he's riding a super monster anymore, is he riding an 888? Maybe the 7 pound difference made the front end come up a little easier than he's used to.

That gap is MASSIVE

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
OK so this will be my Rampage thread.

CAPTAIN AMERICA Yes as you may have heard Cedric showed up in his Captain America outfit...

He difinitely turned some heads. He did a practice run with it on too, but alas he went the wrong way and I didn't get a picture of him

Cedric wasn't the only one with a costume...although this was more of a pride thing I think

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
s1ngletrack said:
Taking a bit of time to adjust to the new ride? Seems like he used to nose it in on everything on the old bike - this sequence was doomed from the start . It must be awesome to be so (?) that you don't worry about eating it on something like this.

It would be sick to see a sequence of someone cleaning this same line

Too fvcking funny!!!!!!! Off goes the super monster, and his riding goes completely the other direction. What was he trying to hit anyway...was it a kicker at the top of there? What a jerk....
I cant wait to show the guys at the shop this tomorrow.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
NineFingers said:
Is Bender on something? I just can't imagine hitting that, specifically for the reason that happened! Did he walk away or his he laid up for months? Alive?

Walked away.

dma528

Chimp
Jun 28, 2004
Central Coast
Bender is the only one that could walk away form that. can we say too much practice crashing<?> Still all the props to him for the attempt, it got all of us talking about him<!>

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
bender does something ridiculous like 1000 crunches and pushups a day. that kind of insane work ethic is how he can crash like that and be as ok as he was before :D

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Motionboy2 said:
Well, here it is. The sequence. See the whole deal in slow mo...or no mo... I don't know. Anyhow

all i see here is 0 commitment.

lol gheeesh

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
narlus said:
how does bender not break his spine on that fall? or at least have some compression fractures. that's nuts.
I guess by now he's mastered that technique. You know the sayin’ – you got to learn to fall before you learn how to ride! ;)

but from that hight...that's nuts!!

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
KleinMp99 said:
Too fvcking funny!!!!!!! Off goes the super monster, and his riding goes completely the other direction. What was he trying to hit anyway...was it a kicker at the top of there? What a jerk....
I cant wait to show the guys at the shop this tomorrow.

Good idea, hurry up and go trash talk Bender to your friends some more, since you're all probably better riders and nicer guys than him. Good show. :eviltongu

My Momma woulda called it sour grapes.......

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
zink punched that gap first, then romaniuk 1 foot table'd it then strait suicided it in the finals yesterday...all w/o breaking a sweat...it was unbelievable...the speed was insane when they landed it.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Great sequence Josh.

The area is an odd place. The landings can be softer than you think with that dirt.

Josh (Bender) is a great guy. He's a blast to hang with, and a good rider. In a competition you have to up the stakes if you want to win. Bummer to see him miss it.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Bender walked away, then walked up to the top for his next run. It was insane. He is such a nice guy it is scary to watch things like that happen and wonder if he is going to get up.
I honestly think that he should have waited till his next run. He already crashed on a 30ish foot drop at the top and messed up his drivetrain. It looked like he had tools out working on his bike in the middle of his run.
Everyone knew that he was going to do it though.

The landing was raked out, the side of it was very soft. He was saying that he thought when he landed that it would be pretty soft and he wouldn't have much to worry about. Then he landed and said it was pretty rough. He also asked the Judges not to mark him down to much for his conservative line choices on his second run :)

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Ascentrek said:
Great sequence Josh.

The area is an odd place. The landings can be softer than you think with that dirt.

Josh (Bender) is a great guy. He's a blast to hang with, and a good rider. In a competition you have to up the stakes if you want to win. Bummer to see him miss it.
Oh - no, That's not cool now. Don't go saying nice things about the guy, he crashes alot because he is constantly going huge, but lacks the skill of many of the other 18 or so people in the world who can go that huge and make it look nice.

I seriously wonder about the guy sometimes, but the fact of the matter is that he is willing to try sh1t that most of us just wish we could - in spite of the ridicule he endures. It would be one thing if he had disappeared after the whole Jaw Drop incident several years ago - but he is still around, and still eating sh1t doing something that is clearly very dear to him - you've gotta respect that even if you don't understand it.

Talking smack about someone who is constantly trying just makes you sound like a bunch of spiteful b1tches.

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
Captain Crunch said:
Good idea, hurry up and go trash talk Bender to your friends some more, since you're all probably better riders and nicer guys than him. Good show. :eviltongu

My Momma woulda called it sour grapes.......

I am assuming you like the no skill riding of bender? Good for you big shot!
Why does it always have to come down to being a better rider?

I don't understand people who always gotta be critics. Josh Bender didn't make it to where he's at by crashing. He made it off of skill, he just seems to step up the anti in competitions to try and take home the gold. Don't talk sh!t about him just because your jelous of his solid brass nuts. Most of you who do the trash talking probably don't even jump or drop the stuff he does with ease.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
NineFingers said:
I don't understand people who always gotta be critics. Josh Bender didn't make it to where he's at by crashing. He made it off of skill, he just seems to step up the anti in competitions to try and take home the gold. Don't talk sh!t about him just because your jelous of his solid brass nuts. Most of you who do the trash talking probably don't even jump or drop the stuff he does with ease.
I'd be willing to bet that NONE of the guys who drop the stuff he does talk sh1t about him, if you're at that level you probably don't have much time for standing around, whining.

In fact, I'd also bet that the nutsacks who are so adamant about Bender's riding are of the same variety that refuse to ride certain trails around here because "it's too technical, and besides, there's more to riding than chucking myself off of stuff" News flash: There's more to riding than grinding up fireroads too.

Don't be a petty little b1tch simply because you live in a flat state, or lack vision.

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
I would like to see the guys talkin trash to pull out his balls(if he has any) and try something like that.. Bender has mad skills.. :evil: He is pretty cool as well.
Guys that talk like that have no balls.. They sit on their ars and whine.. Everyone has bad days.. They just happen to show benders mishaps.. So go RIDE.. maybe some day YOU can be as good as bender.. :nope:I have ridden w/ him and he was not at all shiitty like people that talk trash and cant perform.

mountaingoat