Quantcast

best dh racing photos thread

macmx

Monkey
Dec 28, 2003
Very nice!

PAMS 25 - I saw the rest of your photos on Camera Courage I think! Or maybe it was Dereks old site. Can you send that link again?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
squarewheels said:
there's another great bottom out shot of a guy on a v10 and boxxer. don't know where it's from though. anyone got it?

not that one but good stuff.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
bcd said:

seth in big bear. great shot

me in VT

Hey BCD where's that jump? Is that the one off summit?

I'm guessing that was prolly early in the season when all the jumps were still kinda jumps huh? (NONE of the jumps have lip anymore :angry:)

F

FuzzyLogic

This one is from Norway. The rider Trond Hansen has a very special riding style...
This picture is taken with a old Samsung compact APS camera.. Hence the excellent quality... :rolleyes:

johnbrittain

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Amarillo, Texas
'dont know wether i posted the pic right, im still a bit rusty, just went over to a mac.... :rolleyes:

i love this pic of sanjay, and its the best pic i could think of off hand...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Where is the one of Sanjay railing in the dust (from Sea Otter I think)? He's running a Fox Forx and rear brake only setup. He looks so fast in that pic!

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Of the ones that I have taken, this is one of my favorites:

Otherwise there are quite a few shots out there that I can't take my eyes off of. Lots of the best "semi-pro" photographers can be found in my sig

cali4niabiker

Monkey
Jun 29, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
Motionboy2 said:
Of the ones that I have taken, this is one of my favorites:

Otherwise there are quite a few shots out there that I can't take my eyes off of. Lots of the best "semi-pro" photographers can be found in my sig
These are pretty hot pics. :thumb: Kinda looks like as if you are a bug sitting there on the log waiting to be squished... SPLAT!

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
macmx said:
Oly, that picture is clippet together from 3 pictures.

but it is an actual boost right?

i remember seeing the other photos from that same spot and everyone else was not going nearlly as big.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Yup it was in Mt Biking Mag last year. It was the first shot i had in a mag.
The guy apparently broke his coil shock and had no choice but to run an air shock that happend to be close to the right size, from what I heard.

The lens was a 15mm sigma fisheye lens. Just enough to get the good stuff and not so much that everything looks skewed. Spomer recomended it to me and I have been loving it ever since!

PAMS 25

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
Métabief, France
macmx said:
PAMS 25 - I saw the rest of your photos on Camera Courage I think! Or maybe it was Dereks old site. Can you send that link again?
Sorry, I'm not sure to understand your question. What is Camera Courage ? All the pics which I posted, come from http://www.nobrakes.ch. It's the Shabok's website, he comes sometimes on ridemonkey.

I dont know if the pics are clipped, nevertheless I have seen this rider (Fred Midey) during the trainings on this jump and the length of his jump was similar whit the pic. HUGGGEEEEEEEE :eek:
For the technical question, you can ask at Shabok with PM. He's an exellent photographer.

remember seeing the other photos from that same spot and everyone else was not going nearlly as big
That's rigth but your forget that this guy is crazy :dancing: .
Compare:

Fabio Caluori
Frederic Midey

macmx

Monkey
Dec 28, 2003
Yes I probably saw Shabok post it then. He is indeed very good.

Camera Courage is there place where mountain bike photographers hang out. Great site. Hope it's up again soon.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
My two favorite riders of all times and my 2 fave photos of them in action...

Lopes 1997 Kamikaze-once he figured out how to ride Kami.

Leigh Donovan 1999, Slovenia World Cup, 2nd place to Anne Caro with no goggles.