Quantcast

@@@ Bohica Fridump GMT@@@

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Holed up at a travel center in Rawlings, WY to work for a few hours, then back in the road headed to the Tetons. Storm's a'comin' in boy howdy.

View attachment 157136

View attachment 157137
Are you going to get some Anong's takeout?? It's rumored to be very good, despite the fact that it's Thai in Rawlins, WY. :D

Goddammit, now I've made myself hungry for some larb and panang curry. :mad:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Are you going to get some Anong's takeout?? It's rumored to be very good, despite the fact that it's Thai in Rawlins, WY. :D

Goddammit, now I've made myself hungry for some larb and panang curry. :mad:
Nope, I had lunch all set and chilling in the fridge. Already back on the road and headed straight into this storm. To say I am stoked is a gross understatement.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
well, it started as a bit of an experiment just to see what i would get. Tuesday night I tapped one of my maple trees to see if sap was running. by mid morning wednesday i already had about a gallon of sap, so i proceeded to tap my remaining trees, have a total of 9 taps in 5 trees. just collected from all the buckets right about 8 gallons. weather is looking good that they should run for at least another week.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
DUDE, what happened to the kitty?? :panic:
She got spayed at the lady friend's work.

Maybe I've just been absent minded or thought of it as a simple thing, but never realized that its full on surgery. Not an ole' snip snip of teh nuts like a sheep or something.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Tried making Kava, not sure if i did it correctly, but it was very earthy. Also, tried Mud/water coffee alternate, so i have been playing around with different combinations on that. Dont think i will renew it though.
Hopefully i can get my rear brake on the motorcycle fixed this weekend. 7 hours left of work.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Back in the day I thought Salvia divinorum was a far, far better experience than kava...

Though psychedelics (even short lasting ones like salvia) aren't necessarily "safe for work" in that regard

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
All this Refi talk...

I've looked, but then given that closing costs are supposed to be a few % of the loan amount doesn't make it look worthwhile for us...
Costco. Executive membership. $250 flat broker fee. My last total closing cost was $1900. Look at your breakeven date. If you drop .5%, depending on your total loan amt, you might save $20k over the life. Plus you can take that saved spread and invest it to yourself at what is likely a higher long-term RoR.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Back in the day I thought Salvia divinorum was a far, far better experience than kava...

Though psychedelics (even short lasting ones like salvia) aren't necessarily "safe for work" in that regard
Oh salvia, those were the days. Only times I ever had a full on out of body experience from recreational hallucinogens.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
well, it started as a bit of an experiment just to see what i would get. Tuesday night I tapped one of my maple trees to see if sap was running. by mid morning wednesday i already had about a gallon of sap, so i proceeded to tap my remaining trees, have a total of 9 taps in 5 trees. just collected from all the buckets right about 8 gallons. weather is looking good that they should run for at least another week.
How much syrup 8 gallons of sap make?
I have no idea, even though I was born in Vermont.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
How much syrup 8 gallons of sap make?
I have no idea, even though I was born in Vermont.
Roughly a pint and a half, depending on the sugar concentration of the sap. I have all silver maples and they are among the higher concentration maples. Usually around 1.7%. for reference sugar maples have the highest concentration, usually around 2-2.5% (hence the name).

For reference the locally made stuff I can get when I'm up in Maine is around $20 a quart (100% no additives). My family in Maine has been making their own as long as I can remember.