Quantcast

Bootleg trip, 29-30

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I was actually thinking about going up this weekend, because I was planning to hit the Firestone race.

Now is the time to go, it's starting to get pretty hot out there. I checked the weather, and it will be pretty close to 90 degrees in Las Vegas.

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
merrrrjig said:
who wants to drive all the way to firestone? Not me! Im in for bootleg, I say we get a room soon!
WesTley...get off the innernet and look at a map. Firestone is more than an hour closer.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
it was pretty warm this weekend. we all got baked in the morning but then the wind picked up and it was fine. I would not want to be there in the summer though.

stephanie

Monkey
Dec 7, 2005
East County via East Coast
and 1/100 of the fun!!!! (for all you fraction phobes that means that Bootleg kicks a$$ compared to FW)

(wow, the kids these days know how to use scary fractions! what school district are you in?)

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
After Sea Otter I feel like riding some DH courses with coasting sections and actual rocks...I'm not saying that the 'stone course is boring or bland, but Bootleg seems like more what I need right now. Plus I'm hoping to have a Proto bike to put through it's paces, and Bootleg will put bikes through their paces.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Fonzie18 said:
After Sea Otter I feel like riding some DH courses with coasting sections and actual rocks...I'm not saying that the 'stone course is boring or bland, but Bootleg seems like more what I need right now. Plus I'm hoping to have a Proto bike to put through it's paces, and Bootleg will put bikes through their paces.
uhh, yeah. the riding at bootleg is straight terrifying. I had been off the big bike for at least a month when i went out there and it was a rude reintroduction to dh. It's usually pretty rare that I decide to walk down a section of trail . . . but oh man some of those chutes were gnarly. . . technical double black diamond walking. Poop chute and the waterfall were the worst, but there was evidence of other people trying some of the smaller (4-5ft) drops and just getting owned. Like tracks going off into ravines or right into rock walls. OOPS!

Aug 30, 2005
San Diego
woooo! haven't been on RM or my bike for about 2 months... I think. the snow's been oh so nice up at mammoth. but i'll be out at bootleg next weekend. I'm stoked to hear the RM crew is gonna be out there. I think I'm leaving friday morning though. So I guess I'll see everybody Sat. morn eh??

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
too bad for those of you missing out on F-stone, the course is pretty much DIALED right now and so much damn fun. We have all worked hard to make this year WAY better than ever before and if you come out you will see what I mean. It seems like half the time you are either in the air or railing a perfect berm.

Mike even offered you guys a free case of Firestone brews, it doesn't get much better than that! Roll up and have some fun with us, Bootleg isn't going anywhere and this only happens once a year. You won't be disappointed!

Aug 30, 2005
San Diego
Sorry man. Firestone sounds like fun but I promised one of my buddies who lives in Henderson I'd come out and ride with him before it gets too hot and if I don't go this weekend I won't be able to make it out for like another 3 weeks. Hope all goes well at Firestone though.

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Didn't I already tell you guys, that if your 21 (or have some one of age in your group) I'D GIVE YOU FREE BEER for your campsite Friday or Saturday night!

Now how many of you are going to save Bootleg for the week after Fontana and come to one of the best events around, the Firestone Walker Classic?

I'll give you one case per 4 people, and it's not Budwiser ...

What other promoter do you know ill give you free beer?

Hecky - The Man :cool:

Ps. If you go to Bootleg, have a good time. :nopity:

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
Yo Alf, how 'bout I sub for you at Firestone... I'll rattle-can my bike, my jersey, and my tires orange and accept the beer on your behalf.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
hecktone said:
Didn't I already tell you guys, that if your 21 (or have some one of age in your group) I'D GIVE YOU FREE BEER for your campsite Friday or Saturday night!

Now how many of you are going to save Bootleg for the week after Fontana and come to one of the best events around, the Firestone Walker Classic?

I'll give you one case per 4 people, and it's not Budwiser ...

What other promoter do you know ill give you free beer?

Hecky - The Man :cool:

Ps. If you go to Bootleg, have a good time. :nopity:
Where do I sign up?

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
skatetokil said:
I meant for the case of free beer :redhot:
Bring me 4 new racers, unregistered for Fstone as of this date, off this post with proof of their screen names, AND you register for the DH race, AND you stay either Friday OR Saturday night in the campground at the race, and that case is yours. :mumble:

Hecky