Quantcast

Bootleg trip, 29-30

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
I haven't registered yet, and will be racing DH. You can count me in, and take my share of the case if you want.

P.S. Sanjay, I saw you last saturday riding Knapps, I was the one in the silver EVO leaving as you pulled that white chevy up.

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
Metal said:
Let's get two more people and split the case 4 ways.
done... I'll take my six. Last year they stopped selling beer immediately after the DH race ended. lame. You had to do all of yer drinking during the race to get any satisfaction.

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
manwithgun said:
done... I'll take my six. Last year they stopped selling beer immediately after the DH race ended. lame. You had to do all of yer drinking during the race to get any satisfaction.

Ok so this year we will sell beer during the DH starting at 12. Then we will move the beer wagon over to the main venue where prizes will be given out, after the race.

Have you guys ever heard of the ABC? They issue permits for the sale of beer and stuff like that. Our permit expired at 5 PM on Saturday last year. We had no choice but to stop. This year we're holding the pasta feed dinner out at the Pole Barn, and our ABC permit expires at 8 PM.

My race is far from lame ...

Hecky

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
hecktone said:
and our ABC permit expires at 8 PM.

My race is far from lame ...

Hecky
There's no knocking the race, I had a great time last year; It's just that we ran dry while raving Friday night under the oak trees and had nothing to put in our Firestone Mugs after the race... rules are rules. It's all good.

Aug 30, 2005
San Diego
anyone still going to bootleg? wanna carpool with me? my buddy has a house in henderson. if it's just a couple guys going we can avoid camping out or getting a room. plenty of room to drink beer and crash out at his place.

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
wikitypooshlag said:
anyone still going to bootleg? wanna carpool with me? my buddy has a house in henderson. if it's just a couple guys going we can avoid camping out or getting a room. plenty of room to drink beer and crash out at his place.
Well, after much debate...we will be going to Bootleg afterall. We're thinking of leaving the O.C area at around 6pm(traffic). No plans yet on lodging, but there are 5 of us (70% being under 18). Let me know what you think.

Edit; just noticed you are in SD, I'll be leaving SD around 4pm.

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
punkassean said:
:eviltongu weak sauce
Haha, nah man. I seriously have not ridden techy/fast trails in who knows how long.

I peeped the vid on the racecourse and it just seems like my local XC trail with berms. (Not trying to diss on the course or the race at all)
Besides, I will not be able to get time off tomorrow.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Fonzie18 said:
Haha, nah man. I seriously have not ridden techy/fast trails in who knows how long.

I peeped the vid on the racecourse and it just seems like my local XC trail with berms. (Not trying to diss on the course or the race at all)
Besides, I will not be able to get time off tomorrow.
with berms....and a 12' hip drop.....and a bunch of nice small jumps...and a bunch of bros...and most importantly, a bunch of FUN.

I'm just giving you a hard time because I know that if you guys came up you'd have a blast. We worked hard and we want people to enjoy it. Have fun in Bootleg, hopefully we'll see you at Firetsone next year, maybe by then we'll have added more features you are looking for. Like Steven mentioned in the Firestone video thread, we built this course to be a refreshing change from other SoCal venues, not to be "easy". :)

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
punkassean said:
with berms....and a 12' hip drop.....and a bunch of nice small jumps...and a bunch of bros...and most importantly, a bunch of FUN.

I'm just giving you a hard time because I know that if you guys came up you'd have a blast. We worked hard and we want people to enjoy it. Have fun in Bootleg, hopefully we'll see you at Firetsone next year, maybe by then we'll have added more features you are looking for. Like Steven mentioned in the Firestone video thread, we built this course to be a refreshing change from other SoCal venues, not to be "easy". :)

I'm sure you guys will have a blast riding and racing this weekend at Firestone.

It was a tough choice for me but I had promised my brother and some buddies a Bootleg trip before summer rolled in.

Sanjay had a good point when I talked to him last night regarding the Firestone race. He mentioned that half the fun comes from the people who attend the race rather that the course/terrain itself. I couldn't agree more.

Good luck to ya'll

-ALF

Aug 30, 2005
San Diego
there's a good chance I'll be out there that weekend. it's gonna be hot but that place is so much fun it's worth it. be ready to be shocked. the trails are gnarcore but once you get used to them you start to love em. I highly recommend hardcore DH tubes and tires. It took me a lot of flats to learn the hard way. also, if you bring soft compound tires don't expect them to last more than 2 days of hard riding at bootleg.

NOOBTASTIC

Chimp
May 10, 2006
santa barbara
nice. more people are better. are you gonna stay in town? or are you gonna camp? we are gonna camp it out. i am so excited for this trip. its gonna be so sick!! anyone else wanna go?

Aug 30, 2005
San Diego
NOOBTASTIC said:
nice. more people are better. are you gonna stay in town? or are you gonna camp? we are gonna camp it out. i am so excited for this trip. its gonna be so sick!! anyone else wanna go?
I stay at my buddy's house in Henderson - about 20 minutes from bootleg. Riders are always welcome to come party and have a good time. We just gotta be careful cus last time I was out I ended up drinking wayyyyy to much beer and didn't ride on sunday:) I was pretty pissed at myself. I'll be out there with one other friend who is an absolute riding fanatic. Camping out is the way to go though. I'm not 100% sure I'm going to be out there that weekend, but if I have the cash I'll be there. How new are you guys to DH?

NOOBTASTIC

Chimp
May 10, 2006
santa barbara
i am only about two months into it. i ride dh every weekend and go dirt jumping at least twice a week, if not more. i really love riding. i commute to work on my xc, then hop on my demo and hit the dirt jump as often as possible. im a noob, but you gotta start somewhere!

Aug 30, 2005
San Diego
NOOBTASTIC said:
i am only about two months into it. i ride dh every weekend and go dirt jumping at least twice a week, if not more. i really love riding. i commute to work on my xc, then hop on my demo and hit the dirt jump as often as possible. im a noob, but you gotta start somewhere!
yeah for sure! as long as you're serious about riding that's all that matters. i was just asking cus bootleg is some seriously gnarly sh**. as soon as you get past the "holy F*** this place is insane" phase you'll love it. looks like i'm gonna try to make it out that weekend for sure. so keep in touch, and we'll prolly see you guys out there. let's just hope it's not like 150 degrees haha