Quantcast

Bos the French pricks

DaveyIntense

Chimp
Jul 25, 2008
Berwick
well if a 10.5x3.5 shock is available (is it yet?) you'll have no issues, so i'm not sure what your problem could be. On the the other hand, if you buy a 9.5x3 shock for your m3 and then ask BOS to send you all the necessary bits to convert it then you might be waiting a while.

if you try the former, rather than the latter, you might have a better experience (much like the original poster did when he bought the correct size shock for his Socom). try to have a little perspective before you take one guy's problem and make it a universal one:plthumbsdown:

if you want to give them some info try this for starters: for best results, buy the correct sized shock for your bike (or the correct bike for your shock).

can anyone confirm that the 10.5x3.5 shock is available yet (as in, does anyone actually own one). it's on the TF Tuned website, but that doesn't mean much. if it is then i'm not sure why the original poster doesn't just sell the old one and buy a new one, i can't imagine the difference in cost would be that great. and if it isn't, well then it's hard to ask for something that isn't yet on the market so you might be waiting a while.
TF don't have any of that length mate and they don't have any for the 6.6s.s. i think is 8.5, he said he would of robbed the parts if he did have one!! Its a shame but the story goes on. Can i just say though that TF have been spot on and really tried hard to sort me out.

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Did you email BOS and ask what the wait time would be before you asked TFtuned?

How are you certain one of the TF guys didn't assume that they could get the parts within 2 weeks from BOS (given it normally took that long for in production items)?

I'm sure TFtuned is doing all they can but how certain are you that BOS said they would deliver TFtuned your parts in the 2-3weeks and just plain dropped the ball?

DaveyIntense

Chimp
Jul 25, 2008
Berwick
Did you email BOS and ask what the wait time would be before you asked TFtuned?

How are you certain one of the TF guys didn't assume that they could get the parts within 2 weeks from BOS (given it normally took that long for in production items)?

I'm sure TFtuned is doing all they can but how certain are you that BOS said they would deliver TFtuned your parts in the 2-3weeks and just plain dropped the ball?
I spoke to Tim and he gave me the time scale at first then he has been e-mailing them most weeks chasing them up and still just getting told that they would be with TF soon.

It was after this long wait that i decided to e-mail them myself and i got know where with them.
I spoke to a guy in TF and he apologised and said the problem may be that they have focused all there attention on the forks!! as there late in coming out too.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
okay, that sounds a bit more like it. your original post had me under the impression that BOS was just telling you to piss off and that when they were ready they'd look into getting you your parts; as if they were on the shelf and they just couldn't be bothered putting them in the mail. from the sounds of it the parts you need don't exist at the BOS factory yet and the 10.5 stoy isn't readily available? if that's the case then it's going to be a case of sit-and-wait. obviously that sucks, but unfortunately it's not uncommon in the bike industry (2 more weeks anyone?). i'm thinking if anyone can get what you need it would be TF, so you've got that going for you at least.

good thing it's winter, and hopefully you get it all sorted out by spring.