Quantcast

Brand new toy!

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
My new frame showed up on Wednesday! Now I get to have a blast building it up. From what I can tell the differences from my 04' Gemini are minor, but some things have been changed.
1. There is a massive gusset on the head and downtube junction because people were runnuing 8" forks last year. This will add some strength although I never had a problem.
2. Cannondale finally placed the I.S.G. frame tabs in the right position. They were ok last year but they needed to be rolled forward a bit. Tige worked with E-thirteen in the design of the Gemini specific backplate to solve the problem. A regular backplate should now work fine.
3. The floating brake arm now has rubber spacers on the rear link pivot so they should eliminate any "clacking" noise it made last year. This bike is going to run silent!
The paint on the Siemens team replica is sick! Gloss black to red to completely raw with massive clear coat! No scratches baby! And the rear end is gloss black as well. I can't wait to get this thing built up! Just waiting for availability on a few more things and she'll be running!

If anyone is even thinking of a new bike this year, definitly give the Gemini a long look! It is a killer no hassle race bike and it works even better in any free-ride application! I rode the hell out of mine last year and didn't have one problem at all with the frame. It pedals amazing, it's fricking light, and it's simple! If anyone is interested in taking it for a ride once it's built, contact me and we'll hook up. I have a feeling there are going to be alot of these bikes at the races this year! Just a hunch.

Attachments

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
bballboy388 said:
sweet bike what componets are u setting up on it
05' Boxxer
Azonic bars
Sram triggers/XO der.
E-thirteen direct mount stem
Saint cranks
E-thirteen MTX guide
Crank Bros. mallets
Saint brakes
Ringl'e hubs-Single tracks-Stans no tubes-Maxxis high rollers 2.5 super tackys
Azonic post
Selle' Italia flite saddle
Dura ace chain
Dura ace rear cassette if it will work with the Sram stuff
And a few other small goodies!
Should weigh in at around 39 pounds. It's going to be strong and damn fast!

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
Congrats and good write up. Are you going to use a dorado again?

edit: woops I guess you already answered that

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
NICE frame bro..

we might have to ride togeather - I will be asking my manager for a transfer to Seattle on Monday. Just hope he doesn't fire my ass!! :(

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
Acadian said:
NICE frame bro..

we might have to ride togeather - I will be asking my manager for a transfer to Seattle on Monday. Just hope he doesn't fire my ass!! :(
Nice! I am sure everything will go fine and best of luck to you Luc. It would be fun having you up in the area so we could ride. Keep in touch on if you are going to come to Seattle or if you are going to the unemployment line.
See ya' bro!
Kim

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
holliswood said:
05' Boxxer
Azonic bars
Sram triggers/XO der.
E-thirteen direct mount stem
Saint cranks
E-thirteen MTX guide
Crank Bros. mallets
Saint brakes
Ringl'e hubs-Single tracks-Stans no tubes-Maxxis high rollers 2.5 super tackys
Azonic post
Selle' Italia flite saddle
Dura ace chain
Dura ace rear cassette if it will work with the Sram stuff
And a few other small goodies!
Should weigh in at around 39 pounds. It's going to be strong and damn fast!

thats awsome i need to start saving up to build up a bike by next summer

Acadian said:
NICE frame bro..

:eek:

It'd be cool to have you here Acadian!

--------------------------------------

Kim-

Great looking build/build kit ya got there - wow! 39lbs?!?!!?! How the?!?!?

:thumb:

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
ChainWhip said:
:eek:

It'd be cool to have you here Acadian!

--------------------------------------

Kim-

Great looking build/build kit ya got there - wow! 39lbs?!?!!?! How the?!?!?

What, you don't think I can get it to 39 pounds? :nope: Tiges bike was 39 last year and mine was 41 with some heavy parts because I didn't want anything breaking. Have faith Johnny, it will happen!

holliswood said:
What, you don't think I can get it to 39 pounds? :nope: Tiges bike was 39 last year and mine was 41 with some heavy parts because I didn't want anything breaking. Have faith Johnny, it will happen!
Preach it on brotha! I BELIEVE!

Really though, you and Brock can resurrect SNL's ambiguously gay duo if you want...

:eek: :D

Ok, ok... Those are sick lookin' bikes :thumb:

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
bibs said:
Spring break bro, Im trying to get up there...wanna go?
We are there! :thumb: You plan it, and let me know the dates. I would love to make a trip up to the island. It's been a while since I have done any riding up there. (the dump, like four years ago with B-Snizzle.) I would love to go check out some of Darrins trails!

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
bibs said:
thats my native american name, we had 8" of fresh at baker today...how was Crustal?

We should plan that trip if it does not interfer with out Dodge ball tourney :D lol
Crystal was OK. There was 4 to 6 of new but the temps rose big-time and it was really warm up there. The snow was like spring skiing. Oh well, you can't win all the time!
Nice that Baked-er was good today. I would be up for going up to the snow with you. Let me know when you can get away!

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
two1 said:
Holliswood were did you get the ti spring? Is it just a 5th spring or other?
It is an RCS ti-spring. (Renton coil spring) You can buy them through most shops. It is half the weight of a steel spring and is much more compliant. I love it!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Sick bikes guys. Cant wait to see them in person.

Kim, i just got a new board and bindings. Maybe in Feb we can fianlly hook up for that snow day. Ill be busy for the rest of the month. Im going to vegas for the snow show!

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
oly said:
Sick bikes guys. Cant wait to see them in person.

Kim, i just got a new board and bindings. Maybe in Feb we can fianlly hook up for that snow day. Ill be busy for the rest of the month. Im going to vegas for the snow show!
Sounds good since the snow right now is being washed away!
Have fun at SIA and make sure you stop in at Brocks favorite hang out Cheetas! We will hook up when you get back!

Lap dance! :dancing: