Quantcast

Breaking News Courtesy of Dirt Mag

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
I like it. I never really liked the look of the Supreme DH, so that's an improvement. :)

So weird to me to hear people dismiss product progression. New one good, so old one baaaad... me no like wheel and fire.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Theres product progression, and then theres forced market change to push sales. Two very different things. :)

Not saying which of those two this frame is. Just sayin.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Some differences/advantages over Fusion:
1. Seatstay 4-bar = single pivot with linkage-driven shock.
2. Higher pivot (real) opposite to the lower virtual one on the Fusion ->Are you sure it's have a higher pivot(vitual pivot?
3. Rearward wheel path opposite to the vertical-to-frontward of the Fusion.As above, you sure?
4. Progressive throughout the whole travel opposite to the regressive end of the Fusion.
5. Longer shock -> lower leverage ratio (if the travel is 8″ and the shock is 9.5″, it looks like it is)

I don’t know about the pedal feedback though, seems like there will be some…
The fusion would be more active while braking I'd say. Some like squat though.
I'd like to see an idler and higher pivot with split pivot, or Horst link and higher VPP.
Looks fast and fun as is though.

imbecile

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
Bulgaria
no skid marks:
Yep, I own Fusion Whiplash and I've got an accurate Linkage simulation on it - it's virtual pivot is a bit behind and inline with the main pivot - definitely lower than Commencal's proto. The axle path is like 5-6mm. rearward in the first 1/3 of travel, than it's mainly forward.

The fusion would be more active while braking I'd say. Some like squat though.
I'd like to see an idler and higher pivot with split pivot, or Horst link and higher VPP.
Looks fast and fun as is though.
Agreed :thumb: Horst link with High VPP and an idler would be interesting, something like the Ghost DH proto

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
Theres product progression, and then theres forced market change to push sales. Two very different things. :)

Not saying which of those two this frame is. Just sayin.
If mountain bike development were being funded through grants maybe... but the bottom line is that in industry product progression and "forced market change" or perceived obsolescence, are not exclusive. Contrarily, they are slightly different shades of grey in the same scale.

Vrock

Linkage Design Blog
Aug 13, 2005
Spain
I have checked the new proto and it works exactly the same as the actual Supreme. It's amazing how It can works the same being so different. Anyway, Commencal have been using the same design since ¿¿2004?? It's a lot of time so it's fair to change the frame even if it's only for the looks. Well, it'll probably be lighter or stronger... but If it's not, It's good to see a new design.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
It looks like Intense welded it for them.
im talking about the front triangle looking offset because of the camera angle. and that frame is plastic.

Have you seen the Evil Revolt? Read up on it, there is a reason for the "shock tunnel" being offset like that.
the Commencal linkage doesnt look like it needs that much space like the Revolts do, but its hard to tell from a few pics

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
im talking about the front triangle looking offset because of the camera angle. and that frame is plastic.

the Commencal linkage doesnt look like it needs that much space like the Revolts do, but its hard to tell from a few pics
LOL, I see it now. When you look at the seat post in relation to the head tube :D

Probably is camera angle, or maybe it is balsam wood that got wet instead of plastic ;)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Im really bored with the fashion of making flat, wide downtubes. I know it has its benefits but not really if you like your bike dent free.