Quantcast

Bromont World Cup

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Good to see you were actually getting in some ride time instead of shooting.
I was the one that asked you if you were shooting today as you were going to the lift. The trails were sick today. Hopefully the weather cooperates and it stays nice.
Can't wait for this weekend. I cant wait to race again and redeem myself from the crap that was Mont Sainte Anne

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I'm racing in the UK at the weekend so won't be able to watch the coverage :(

Still, at least a race is enough to tear me away from the PC, have turned down riding a couple of times this year to watch freecaster instead, worrying!

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
sweet....can't wait....bromont always gives me the chills....it always reminds me of that section in transcontinental that was nearly impossible(even by today's standards) where nico went blazing through like he was just riding an exercise bike.......

bring it on.....

DIRT-HQ

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
Wales
Walked the track today, it's got some great rock sections in it...oh and it even goes through a steel pipe!

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
can't ignore all the history Bromont has, but how much vertical does the mountain have?
doesn't look like a whole helluva lot...

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
can't ignore all the history Bromont has, but how much vertical does the mountain have?
doesn't look like a whole helluva lot...
not a ton, usually a fast race course, 2:30 to 3 min but the course is pretty technical. It is always an impressive course.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
shots of pretty rad 4x course up on the new boredom.

also, the dh has a steep rocky section that i didnt want to walk in flip-flops. and a step down from a ladder huck, the landing for that is between two thinly padded trees. berms. expect lots of shots of berms from bromont.

Distil

Chimp
Jan 24, 2008
Bromont, Qc
2hrs east of montreal
More like 55 minutes south of Montreal

We are finishing the last touch ups on the 4x and dh course tomorow... We have had alot of rain, pretty similar to saint-anne but everything should be good if it doesn't rain the rest of the week...

Last edited:

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
sounds like there was some changes since the canada cup. There's a couple techy sections that would be tough if it was wet, but nothing crazy. Fun course.

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
video of needles and fairclough being bored in before leaving for bromont...thanks sven!

it's embedded, just push play

[bliptv]mwnFoCQA[/bliptv]

[edited]for accuracy[/edit]

Last edited:

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Fraser,
Can you do me a huge favor and see where they are going to park both regular spectators and media members.
I noticed a lot of parking on the race side but the usual shuttle rumor keeps coming up.
I ask because I have a friend that has a media pass but has to bring his dog and he doesnt want to leave him in the car on the other side.
I would ask but I came back home to VT until thursday afternoon.
Thanks dude