Quantcast

Buenos Días Sábado

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Oh no. Ass whopping is coming in full effect. He's expecting to get his ass handed to him though. It's not like Wifey's boss who has a full sim rig at home that got obliterated by her. He wasn't ready for that.
Boss decided not to race. Got there right when she and I went out, watching her almost beat me. Decided that given we were pacing notably faster than the rest of the field and she did a double pass in a relatively tight corner, that he was just going to hang out and watch her.

Watched her do a jr race where she was politely trying to pass two league kids for 3 laps, then got impatient and moved them out of the way using lap traffic. He watches lots of racing (NASCAR, Indy, F1, GT) and said he wasn't quite ready to see a 10y/o use other cars as tools to get past traffic.

Also found out that I'll be doing an RFP for a local college.

Now, fix the dryer.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Wife currently laid up in bed, vomiting/diarrhea and intense stomach pains. I (think) I had the same exact thing a couple weeks ago as I was completely useless and laid up in bed all day in pain, but at the time thought it was food poisoning. At the time, she was a bit pissed at me that she had to tend to the kids all day solo and I was likely being "dramatic", which admittedly isn't a poor assumption.

I just went to check if she needed anything, and I said "I think I know what you might have", to which she barely muttered "what?". I said it sounds a lot like the "food poisoning" I had a couple weeks ago that had me down for the count. She got all wide eyed and silent, likely knowing I was in fact in a world of hurt that day.

I feel bad, but also.........feel a bit vindicated. AITA?

\toshi

Last edited:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Last day on the trails before I leave Salvador (at least till my r&r visits). The various riders who've showed me the local way and whom I have shown the sport and/or locale decided to commemorate. Hoy, estoy El Tonto de la Vereda.

We had three of the four Canfields ever in Salvador with us today, too. (My 2020 Balance being back at the hacienda since I rode the Tilt.) @StiHacka 's legacy lives on.
IMG-20230325-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20230325-WA0027.jpg
IMG-20230325-WA0022.jpg

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Chainsaw running, brush hauling, maybe have a fire later kinda day.

The pile to burn should be fairly sizable by the end of this session.

Damn, I love riding mtb. That mixed wheel Spitfire rides pretty dang nice... @canadmos do you have any time on your mixed wheel Titan?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Dryer fixed! But one of the drum rollers, the felt seal, and blower belt all need to be replaced. At least it will work until next week when I get to take it apart again.:wait:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good trails are snowed in but a beautiful day in town. Hooned around a CX course behind the zoo, built and sessioned some shitty jumps from a dirt pile left over from some construction. Basically went outside and played like I was 12.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Oh the lower back pain. Somewhere between pulling the old 48" hitch extension (110 pounds) out from under the camper, putting the new one together while under the camper (have to use the hitch to line up the two steel tubes) and doing an oil change tweeked my lower back big time. Screaming sciatica pain. Two Naproxens, two CBD gummies, and 15 minutes with the percussion gun on my L1-'L2 area seems to be hitting the spot as long as I dont move that is.

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It seems some houses in my neighborhood have decided to get the cheesy fake barn door accents for their garage door. I'm not sure these folks understand how barn doors work

PXL_20230326_004935523.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Please tell us your house doesn't have a driveway with a transition to the road that steep.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Peak ski season 'round my area.
We are past peak for sure, not quite in corn season though. Gotta kinda choose the days and locations carefully now after a new snow, but it crusts out pretty fast. They got something like 8 feet at Alyeska and the surrounding area in a week, which is failing on some slopes, creating massive avalanches, but that'll likely stabilize out soon. There's still good skiing to be had...just not as much. We got sun to like 9pm or so and it's coming on strong.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
We are past peak for sure, not quite in corn season though. Gotta kinda choose the days and locations carefully now after a new snow, but it crusts out pretty fast. They got something like 8 feet at Alyeska and the surrounding area in a week, which is failing on some slopes, creating massive avalanches, but that'll likely stabilize out soon. There's still good skiing to be had...just not as much. We got sun to like 9pm or so and it's coming on strong.
Yeah - any time the Death Star comes out, it fucks things up.