Quantcast

Buying a house

blahblahblah

Chimp
Sep 30, 2005
You may want to get money back instead of having the seller fix all the problems. The seller's Idea of fixing them may be to do just barely a good enough job to get the deal done. You have all the leverage. Get your own contractors in do get an estimate on fixing it. Ask for way more than your high estimate back in case things go wrong.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
You may want to get money back instead of having the seller fix all the problems. The seller's Idea of fixing them may be to do just barely a good enough job to get the deal done. You have all the leverage. Get your own contractors in do get an estimate on fixing it. Ask for way more than your high estimate back in case things go wrong.
See if they will throw in some Pie too. Not that crappy pie from Shaws, but good pie from a real bakery. A fancy one like Banana Cream or some ****..... Who doesn't like Pie?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
This, although you *could* end up getting screwed if things go *way* wrong. But yes, we got screwed on this as a cracked heat exchanger was found in the furnace during the home inspection, and they replaced it (a high-efficiency unit) with one of the cheapest ones they could get. Granted, "high efficiency" from the 1980s is probably similar to a normal unit now, and we didn't make a huge fuss over it since the first we heard about it was *after* the new one was already installed, but would have rather had the opportunity to put in a bit more and get a nicer/more efficient one.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just sent off the fax with wire instructions. Funds should move tomorrow, we close Friday, and move Saturday. Any CO monkey's that feel like carrying boxes Saturday morning for beer and pizza, feel free to come help.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I can make things happen. Are you an apple or cherry kind of guy?
Hmmm... that's a good querrrshun. But honestly, I might be a "Moab Pie" kind of guy this weekend. You know, after skiing Friday. But like I said, I'll check with the GF and if we're around I'll see what I can do about he'ping a brotha out.

Congrats on the house... that's awesome! (Not sure if I have said that before)