Quantcast

Campers

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I had rattle cans that randomly got holes in the cans and made messes in the cabinet. It was a random brand “orrlac” and the guy at the store got me a return because of the mess it made in the store as the cans deteriorated. Bad batch I guess.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
PXL_20230730_202749868~2.jpg

Slowly but surely this bitch is coming back together. Bathroom fan and light installed. Sill need to do the baseboards and countertop. My miter saw busted, so I need to buy a new one. Debating on another cheap one, or something off Facebook Marketplace that's slightly nicer.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Holy hell, I just updated my spreadsheet and I'm $26k into this bitch with about $3k still to go. Really all that's left is a battery upgrade and add AC of some form. Still be hard pressed to find a diesel RV for that price, so I'm still ok with it. I'm only about $5k over my original budget.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
dang, that's stark varg money!
If I can get $5k for my old man YZ450 it should be a push for the Ultra. They are getting a Storm soon I was just told. As much as I would love a Varg, my old ass really doesn't need it, as much as I hate to admit.

There are more than a few Vargs in the wild now and the videos are incredible.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
If I can get $5k for my old man YZ450 it should be a push for the Ultra. They are getting a Storm soon I was just told. As much as I would love a Varg, my old ass really doesn't need it, as much as I hate to admit.

There are more than a few Vargs in the wild now and the videos are incredible.
for riding in the woods, the sub 200lb ultra looks like the shit. Lighter than a 125 and all torque...

let people overshooting 60ft tables and hitting desert sand whoops at 50mph have the heavy bikes made to withstand that.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
This might be a little more work, but the payoff would be totally worth it.

Until you break down for the first time and realize parts are difficult to come by, mechanics even moreso, the costs associated are astronomical, oh and by the way, good luck getting a tow.

But until that point it would probably be cool as all hell.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Until you break down for the first time and realize parts are difficult to come by, mechanics even moreso, the costs associated are astronomical, oh and by the way, good luck getting a tow.

I have to say the difference between working on my 1/2 ton truck and my 1 ton truck is noticable. I couldn't imagine taking one of those wheels off. :rofl:

My mega rich buddy has a duce and a half because of course he has. I still have no idea why.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

as opposed to my very sane hope down the road to have a high floor electric 45’ bus converted to an RV. because that would just be pure awesome

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm very happy with the size of my rig. Bigger and parking becomes an issue, any smaller an stuff wouldn't fit. The living space is 15.5 feet and the truck is like 20' I think. It's very manageable.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I am pretty happy with staying in the Airstream. It is in a great location. I pay for nothing. Once in a while I have to cook their food. I take the Gator and explore for miles on a Stage Coach trail. The neighbors have a Donkey. I hang out with her mostly. I spent the day dragging logs from the woods for firewood with her for carrots and pears. Ellie the Donkey loves it. I can hear her Whinny when I get near her stable.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

Of course the one segment that hasn't dipped is my market (cargo vans)

Bears are hangry and nibbling on folks so tent camping near the goods is less appealing...
Interesting read. Sq-Earl and I were talking about this on our most recent road trip. Thinking camper van might be what we get when the girls are out of the house and we road trip together to bike/kayak/drink beers

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
well here I sit in the camper with the AC on full blast. It hit 95 today and all the surfaces inside are hot. Outside the onshore breeze just hit and in 20 minutes it has gone from 90 to 66. Maybe I will kill the AC and crack open every window.. Then again that will let all the dust from the horse showground blow in. Decisions decisions

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
At midnight last night the propane alarm on the fridge went off. Said No FL error code. so I witched to electric (I was plugged in) and fell back asleep. This morning I checked the tanks. both were in the red. unhooked them ,WTF one was still full, reconnected it and opened the valve, still shows red. Put my hand into trying to crank the valve tighter, It did a quarter turn and PFFT I could hear the propane fill the line. That little tidbit just got filed away in my brain for next change over, plus check to see if something is in the coupling threads

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So it seems even with all new suspension, the truck sits about an inch or so low on the passenger side due to batteries, fridge, propane tank and water heater all being on that side. The bed and toilet are on the driver's side, but it's not enough. So I dropped another $450 for air bags and a compressor. It's not the fancy setup with in cab switches because that would take too much work. I'll just use shrader valves. Air Lift 5k load lifter. I wanted a compressor for the tires anyway.

Last edited:

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
I had to order new leaf spring for my 2021 Forrest river. The stock springs have already gone flat. Its a known issue with these trailers. They put 3500# springs on a trailer that weights that much empty. Im putting 4400# springs on....

Im probably going to have to put a bigger capacity axle on it at some point too. Stock is 3500#....