Quantcast
When I worked at Draper Labs we were building a 19" rack console related to the SABRE guidance system. I constructed a panel with a whole pile of LEDs and associated logic which illuminated them in a binary count - it would have taken some trillions of years for the last LED to illuminate. It was called the General's panel, referring to ranking military guests.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
After weeks of Democratic anger over Republicans’ insistence on holding elections in Wisconsin amid the coronavirus pandemic, a liberal challenger for the State Supreme Court, Jill Karofsky, on Monday defeated the Trump-backed conservative incumbent, Justice Daniel Kelly.

Ms. Karofsky’s surprise victory came after Republicans in the State Legislature, and later conservatives on Wisconsin’s Supreme Court, rebuffed Democratic efforts to move the date of the election — held last week but with the release of results delayed until Monday by a federal judge — or send mail ballots to all voters.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
@boostindoubles
Back in the day most apples were planted for cider. Every apple seed is different so varieties are all individual apples that spread through propagation. Most seedling apples are crappy but they all make good cider. Johnny Appleseed basically went around planting appleseeds to protect a supply of cider.

Thats cool they're finding old world apples growing in abandoned corners of the NW. I've seen some 150 yr old pear trees that were massive!

56905.jpeg

Here is an old commercial cherry orchard. These trees are probably 70-80 years old.

Back in the day most apples were planted for cider. Every apple seed is different so varieties are all individual apples that spread through propagation. Most seedling apples are crappy but they all make good cider. Johnny Appleseed basically went around planting appleseeds to protect a supply of cider.

Thats cool they're finding old world apples growing in abandoned corners of the NW. I've seen some 150 yr old pear trees that were massive!

View attachment 143827

Here is an old commercial cherry orchard. These trees are probably 70-80 years old.
I have a few pear trees, one of which is a giant.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

View attachment 143827

Well how ‘bout dem apples.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

View attachment 143827

The house I grew up in had an old apple tree in the back yard. It was huge, the trunk was 3+ feet in diameter. It produced massive amounts of inedible apples. Too bad my parents weren't into cider.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Warms the cold cockles of my heart, I tells ya