Quantcast

Cancel your dentist appointment: Vallnord (Andorra) World Cup Finals!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Which day/night is the actual race on? I'm willing to take a few dislikes on the chin for my lack of googling effort on this one. :D

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
the kind that will now give me nightmares...i like how he was giving claudio shit while they were riding.

that track looks fun as hell. love the photo of the eroded gullies in the trackwalk set.
That track is a monster compared to the other stuff on the shedule.

Interesting to see what happened to the code. I think Loic had to slow down from his usual pace. I do this as well when followed by a slower rider and it goes like I go in my ususal pace or just below it taking it easy and then slow down for the other rider to catch up. I think this puts a lot of stress to the brakes on a track like this especially with a rider like Loic. And I think my code felt not as powerful as my XT. Well that might not be true as I didn't test them back to back on the same track but they were an X0/code-caliper hybrid and impossible to bleed. Maybe that was the reason.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That track is a monster compared to the other stuff on the shedule.

Interesting to see what happened to the code. I think Loic had to slow down from his usual pace. I do this as well when followed by a slower rider and it goes like I go in my ususal pace or just below it taking it easy and then slow down for the other rider to catch up. I think this puts a lot of stress to the brakes on a track like this especially with a rider like Loic. And I think my code felt not as powerful as my XT. Well that might not be true as I didn't test them back to back on the same track but they were an X0/code-caliper hybrid and impossible to bleed. Maybe that was the reason.
given how early in the week that had to be shot to be edited and posted, it's entirely possible the brakes hadn't been bled yet.

but agree on the pacing / steepness aspect stressing the brakes.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Not too keen on the RAF paintjob on Peats v10. I was hoping for a yellow and black throwback to his Orange 224. Just because the frames looks completely different and it'd be a reminder of a previous sponsor doesn't mean it's a bad idea that was never going to happen at all.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Looks like Gwin wrapped up the series with second in qualifying according to Dirt. (At least the think he did). And Nicole and Hannah ahead of Atherton in qualis. Didn't see that coming.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Looks like Gwin wrapped up the series with second in qualifying according to Dirt. (At least the think he did). And Nicole and Hannah ahead of Atherton in qualis. Didn't see that coming.
their math is correct. gwin is 200 pts ahead after qualifying, meaning if Danny wins gwin needs 1 pt to still win the series. not sure what happens if Danny wins and gwin DNF's.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Surprised about Rach as well, but like Gwin, it almost looks like she had a pretty meaningful lead through the first 3 splits, then let off the gas towards then end. Won't be surprised to see those 2 on the top step tomorrow (hooray for Capt. Obvious), but there's still a 50% chance of rain, so there's your wildcard. I still recall T-Broz's burner last year until he hit a greasy spot.

Also glad to see Brendog solidly below the top 30 cutline, although he made it only by 3 seconds, so he better stay on point :rolleyes:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
And how about Finn. His time would place him somewhere in the top 30? How many more years of being a junior does he have to go?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
luca shaw's been great this year-6th in qualis.
I remember pushing my bike back up the slalom course at ETSU a few years back and looking up and seeing a 13 year old kid drop into their fast 4X course. He then proceeded to manual the ENTIRE track at full speed. So of course I asked who da f**** was that? Answer Luca Shaw. I guess that is what world cup dh talent looks like from a young age. On the other hand, sometimes I can manual in between a single roller on my pump track.....sometimes...

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Not overly surprised by Rachel.
She has the series wrapped up, so why not take it a bit easy during quali's, especially on this brutal track?
That leaves her quite fresh to dominate it tomorrow and extend the unbeaten record.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
anyone happen to have the individual rider start times for finals tomorrow?