Quantcast

Canfield Bros. Lucky Proto

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
boone said:
Well,
I have been all about this frame ever since I first layed eyes on it!!! Absolute perfection in my mind. Only thing that would make it better is if it could be lighter but still be able to maintain good overall strength. I would think a target weight similar to the highline would be nice :)
Would you have to change the overall shape of the front triangle by adding gussets and such if you switched to alu?

It weighs under 12 lbs now and the new model should be more under 11lbs.

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
I spoke to Chris acouple of weeks ago and the Lucky is not going to be done in chromoly. They had some issues with it. They only had one at there place and it was so cool. Lance is having them built as we speek.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
VMARTINEZ said:
I spoke to Chris acouple of weeks ago and the Lucky is not going to be done in chromoly. They had some issues with it. They only had one at there place and it was so cool. Lance is having them built as we speek.
Is it Al then? How much weight will the material change save?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Wait...you guys are up in Layton? Why was I always under the impression you were from Chicago? I blame Don Johnson.

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
So Lance is getting the new proto built and it should be here sometime this week. I was able to ride the proto in the picture and I have to say it was cool. I was in the 7 inch mode with a single crown 66 and it felt like 9 in the back. The new one will not be steel and should be much lighter. Should be nice to see.
And yes they are in Layton Utah.
Later

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
Heres a little tease for you! The frame is at anodizing and etching now and I should have it together for some ripping over the weekend. I'll get some real pictures together for next week.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
lance, those welds are incredible looking. the frames you guys turn out show the difference in the time and manpower spent in small production frames. keep up the good work, im sure ill be on one in a not so distant season.

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
Radarr said:
It's a floating rear end. Same thing as DW, VPP, Mastero. Everyone just tunes it a little differently.
It's just a 4-bar linkage. As with all 4-bar linkages, small changes make big differences to the ride characteristics - just because one bike looks similar to another doesn't mean it will ride anything alike.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
wow!! so nice, damn, I'm thinking of selling my disco volante and getting one of these!!! damn really exited about it, how does the dhx work for it? how about a roco or an avy? thanks !!

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Crap! I thin i need a Lucky! Man it's been a long while since i found a bike i'm interested in.

Lance,Chris call me or stop by doods!

firevsh2o

Chimp
Feb 12, 2003
Any chance to get a 1.5 headtube with it? I'll but a RS Totem on it and I guess it would look even phaaaadtter with it...

Csquared

Chimp
Feb 22, 2006
Utah
I just weighed the frames with a digital scale:
Balance - 11.5 lbs
Lucky - 11.5 lbs
Formula 1 - 12.5 lbs
I'll update more when I have a few minutes.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
karpi said:
mmm, I liked the prot better, it looked much smoother, and it had nicer lines, o well a thing of tastes I asume
the proto looked sexier.

i figured the balance was going to be a bit lighter :oink: i am feeling less bad about my decision to go with the transition bottlerocket. not that i wouldn't love to have a balance too.