Quantcast

Champery World Cup - Live Thread

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Also, 2004 may have been the year that the tide shifted overall in the USA, but over in the UK, they have some bizarre fear of clipless. I halfway expect the UK's top XC racers at the world cup level to show up with 5.10s and Canfield Bros Crampons. :D
Huh? Last few races I was at half the field were clipped in.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
:shocked:

that helmet cam is ridiculous. that track is sooo steep and some of the sections are soooo narrow. you lose your grip and you are gonna fall for awhile.

excuse my ignorance, but whats with the whistles in the vid?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
http://dirt.mpora.com/news/dirttvchampery-helmet-cam.html

OK, so a few things:

1:01 - This must be one of the several new spots on the course where the track builders (read the article in DIRT - my apologies, but their names escape me) have added wide sections to give riders options - very cool!

2:27 - Anyone got a headlamp, or do you just use The Force to ride through here? :D It gets REALLY dark up in that piece...

3:36 - Holy sh!t.

3:46 to 3:58 - Whoa...

4:02 - Niiice!

4:05 to 4:19 - ...looks like the most fun you can have without the aid of Keira Nightley or Jessica Alba.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
LoL - I know, I was just making a joke. But the lighting differential does seem to be pretty dramatic for the rider on the course. If it gets cloudy and rains during the race - should be interesting.

Pete..

Monkey
Feb 11, 2009
Santa Cruz
My buddy Christian Wright ate it pretty bad today and was sent to the hospital with internal bleeding, anyone over there hear anything about the accident? I'm only hearing short bits and pieces on his condition and what happened.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
My buddy Christian Wright ate it pretty bad today and was sent to the hospital with internal bleeding, anyone over there hear anything about the accident? I'm only hearing short bits and pieces on his condition and what happened.
On his first run he cased one of the last big jumps and went over the bars. He got heli'd out and is in the CHUV hospital in Lausanne. I think he has a ruptured spleen and his dad flew over to take care of him. You should contact his dad for more info.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Woke up to a complete whiteout, can't even see sunrise. It was blue sky to the left and whiteout to the right with thunder rolling. The track is to the right. Wild days ahead. Cool to cold temps so far, once the clouds burn off it'll warm up for sure.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Brendan did it again, eluded to the fact that he is gonna win. Hope it happens this time...even though I would love to see one of my M9FRO's take a win.

That video the parkins did was so ridiculously cool, must see TV thats for sure.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
It will rain all day today in Champéry, tomorrow will be sunny but cool. With the amount of rain forecast for today, race day will be interesting.

Can't believe it has been hot, sunny and bone dry for 6 weeks in the Alps, WC comes to town and voila, moist! hahah.

Brendan did it again, eluded to the fact that he is gonna win. Hope it happens this time..
Stik same old story, same old outcome??

Check out some coverage from French mag BigBike
http://www.bigbike-magazine.com/News/5149-coupe-du-monde-de-dh-2010-champery.html

Show's Matti overshooting the first hip and some fellas D3 looking lovely. Rain is gonna slow this done some, probably to the point of making it safer as the consequences won't be as bad at slower speeds. Wild days

Last edited:

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Blinky, Gee, and Brendan looked to have put up silly times compared to a few of the early qualifiers.