Quantcast

***chasing the dragon GMT***

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
couldn't sleep, then had the kind of dreams that's you're very mentally involved in so woke up feeling not at all rested. last day of pops being here. taking him to coffee with a friend of his this morning, then 14yo to his first day of summer hs football workouts this afternoon. suppose i'll squeeze a bit of work in there somewhere...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey fam! I'm a little tired and sore this morning after doing a half Ironman yesterday. The swim was 1.2 miles down the Connecticut River, but there wasn't much current assist so my swim was slow as usual. The 56 mile bike ride was hilly but still a fast course. I didn't push the effort too much and averaged 19.1 mph (2500' of uphill). It rained for the majority of the ride and temp was 57. Unpleasant! My hands and forearms got so cold that by end of the ride I could not squeeze my water bottles. Since I didn't pedal hard, I had plenty of juice left in my legs for the 13.1 mile run and I banged out a 1:36 half marathon. My total race time was 5:22. Not bad for a training race!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
WORK

There was some fuckery yesterday. Guy at work called me three times, while out on a ride. I ignored them of course and sent an email with something like "can't take call, in middle of forest. Will look at it later or you try X and solve it yourself". Dude panics and does something totally different. So now I'm guessing we will have duplicate pieces of information somewhere - but thats his problem.

Anyways, coffee.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hello fronds!

Spoke with new employer type guy today. He sounds awesome. I successfully negotiated a signing bonus which removes the anxiety I had about leaving so much cash on the table at my current place. So now the move is a positive one in salary, bonus, title, coworkers, likely commute, science I'll be working with, career growth, and company outlook. I guess it's a no brainer.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
:wave: what started as a fun ride yesterday was cut short by another friend's crash. he's all good though, not borked.
we medicated at the brewery afterwards and OOF do I feel like trash today.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
How it started…

IMG_9841.jpeg

How it’s going…

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_9855.jpeg

Still need to dig the curved walkway to the Bong Shed™ into the earth a bit, and then later this summer we’ll fill in a bunch of very low spot and seed the whole area. Next year we’ll do some more proper landscaping with plants and shrubs and whatnot. We had some trenches dug for electrical, as well as excavated an old concrete root cellar, so that side of the yard was/is a mess. Should be really nice when we get done.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:wave: what started as a fun ride yesterday was cut short by another friend's crash. he's all good though, not borked.
we medicated at the brewery afterwards and OOF do I feel like trash today.
i saw parts of colorado had some weather....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So the property manager sent an email to my boss last night that there was a power issue at the office. I figured that out when I got there this morning and the fire panel was beeping. The elevator has no power and the stairs aren't accessible from the outside. I will be working from the shed today.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Tried to work from home today as I have shit ton of work that needs to be done and I am constantly distracted when in the office. The whole morning was a constant string of IMs and phone calls from people asking for help. As a Sr engineer I am expected to spend 50% of my time helping and mentoring younger less experienced engineers but that 50% is never used to determine what work I am expected to deliver. Thankfully quiet after lunch.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Hannah is at daycare currently. They are trying to account for her ADHD a little better now with a fidget and some break time as needed. Haley is getting ready for our trip with Wifey. They are currently off getting the family we are having to spend $700 to fly out from FL to "watch Layla" which actually means they are here to be close for MIL1. Me? Work. That and the Dr has given me a small dose of on-demand ADHD drugs. See if I can get more efficiency on the days that I actually need it without blowing up myself every day.

Edit: and... It looks like multiple cracks in the kart. Fuck.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The Bridgestone was stolen today. I am very saddened by this. It was a special bike. I was careless and it's all on me. While I was swimming.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Here. Hannah is at daycare currently. They are trying to account for her ADHD a little better now with a fidget and some break time as needed. Haley is getting ready for our trip with Wifey. They are currently off getting the family we are having to spend $700 to fly out from FL to "watch Layla" which actually means they are here to be close for MIL1. Me? Work. That and the Dr has given me a small dose of on-demand ADHD drugs. See if I can get more efficiency on the days that I actually need it without blowing up myself every day.

Edit: and... It looks like multiple cracks in the kart. Fuck.

Time to learn how to weld, not to fix the kart, but for our entertainment.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
The Bridgestone was stolen today. I am very saddened by this. It was a special bike. I was careless and it's all on me. While I was swimming.
Boo!

Probably worth a call to the local pawn shop since that's an uncommon brand in this day and age