Quantcast

Cheap Beer Thread

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There are few finer things in life than a quality brew but there is a place for the occassional cheap beer. What is your favorite? I know it is horrible stuff but I managed to aquire a tast for Milwaukees Best Ice in the old college days. I can also stomach the occasional Genny Light. I can't really touch any of the other cheap crap without getting a splitting headache.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
See after a number of years drinking $33 Natural Light Kegs, both Miller Lite and Bud Light make it through my system without the cheap beer hang over.

IceHouse is ANOTHER story all together. I have no idea why it hates me.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Rheingold :thumb: I've been hooked ever since they started selling it for $5.99 a twelve pack near my house.

But I only drink cheap beer so i guess my vote doesn't really count. I only have good beer when I go out to eat.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Lexx D said:
Rheingold :thumb: I've been hooked ever since they started selling it for $5.99 a twelve pack near my house.

But I only drink cheap beer so i guess my vote doesn't really count. I only have good beer when I go out to eat.
My Beast Ice only goes for $5.99 a dozen. And at 5.9% ABV a little goes a long way.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
See after a number of years drinking $33 Natural Light Kegs, both Miller Lite and Bud Light make it through my system without the cheap beer hang over.

IceHouse is ANOTHER story all together. I have no idea why it hates me.
I drank Icehouse a few years ago, and was sick as a dog the next day - I couldn't do anything without puking - I must've puked 12 -15 times that day, and I was not that drunk the night before. I think that it was one of the worst hangovers I have ever had (and I've had some that would kill an elephant).

As for cheap beer - Milwaukee's Best (1st "beer" I ever drank as a young delinquent)

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Rolling Rock isn't a microbrew? :p
I think that this depends on where you go - they tried to market it as such here in CO - but my ex said that it is like Milwaukee's Best in the East.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Westy said:
My Beast Ice only goes for $5.99 a dozen. And at 5.9% ABV a little goes a long way.
Yeah but rheingold is even in a bottle.

I love cheap beer. Hell i was drinking bud heavy saturday and sunday. :evil:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
berkshire_rider said:
Labatt's or Yuengling.

At college it used to be Busch, but only in the bar bottles. It wasn't too bad in bottles. Used to be able to score a case for $9.99. :thumb:
We used to drink long neck bottles of "the beast" (Milwaukee's Best ) for $6.99-8.99/case in college!!! Those were the days....;)

I tend to go for the PBR when I am in a cheap beer mood :dead:

D

Dingus McGee

Namby-pamby beer-snobs make me ill. I can and will drink any beer except Coors- it tastes like hell and the boycott's still on in my fridge, oh and as much as I like the old High Life logo and so forth - Miller is owned by R.J. Reynolds so I don't buy it -but I'll drink it. I'm afraid the dirt cheap beers days are fading....hard to find the old standbys anymore , except for the resurgent hipsterati swill - PBR.

Brew 102
Weidemanns
Schaeffer
Regal Select
Gennesee
Burgie
Schmidt
Lucky

All gone or hard to find. And mainly all crap anyway.

P.S. That expensive ale you quaf in the clear bottle? Clear glass is the worst way to preserve beer, it's breaks down when exposed to light and I don't want some crap shipped from the UK and subjected to wild flutuations in temp either.
I love Anchor and all the great micro around here, but when the chips are down and I need the after work 24 can...it's Bud. I really don't think it deserves it's cheap beer rep, either. A fresh Bud can evoke that elusive flavor
of the beer your stole from the neighbors garage fridge at 15...the best taste EVER!
I drink a lot of Bud...made 30 miles form here and always less than 4 weeks old. I know, I suck. "Life's too short to drink cheap beer" - bullsheet! there's plenty of time! People who say that don't drink anywhere near the toxic amounts I do and I'm an old geezer.

What beer tastes best?

-Free beer.

That's the trooth!

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
Long ago (high school) it was almost exclusively the Beast (Mil. Best) or Black Label (do they even make that anymore?). The worst back then was Sheaeaeaeaeaeafuuuurrrr (getcha screamin' Europe). . .

. . . next to maybe Colt .45, that is. do malt liquors count? I always dug the Bull, and Magnum is ok. The colt and the OE always got me sick. Who doesn't love Mickey's? Ahhh, the good old days.

Now, cheap beer is only for the boat or for camping (gotta have cans). Usually High Life or Lone Star. My boat-buddy likes Natty Ice and Natty Light, so I drink summa that too.

D

Dingus McGee

Fathead said:
Long ago (high school) it was almost exclusively the Beast (Mil. Best) or Black Label (do they even make that anymore?). The worst back then was Sheaeaeaeaeaeafuuuurrrr (getcha screamin' Europe). . .

. . . next to maybe Colt .45, that is. do malt liquors count? I always dug the Bull, and Magnum is ok. The colt and the OE always got me sick. Who doesn't love Mickey's? Ahhh, the good old days.

Now, cheap beer is only for the boat or for camping (gotta have cans). Usually High Life or Lone Star. My boat-buddy likes Natty Ice and Natty Light, so I drink summa that too.

God, I can't believe I forgot Black Label! I AM slipping into a middleaged Bud-haze. Long Live Black Label, Carling's Canadian 'STYLE' beer...'style'...ahhh ahahha ahhaha ahaha ahaha I loved that swill!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I Are Baboon said:
...Coors Light isn't that bad.
Coors Light is like sex in a canoe, f*cking close to water. ;)

Henry Weinhards is as close to cheap beer as I dabble.

D

Dingus McGee

Zark said:
Coors Light is like sex in a canoe, f*cking close to water. ;)
You said it, and the beer review site posted up the thread a bit said:

Coors Light
More than half of the women in New Jersey can blame their unwanted pregnancies on Coors Light. Despite its popularity, this beer is as flaccid as an impotent monk with testicular cancer. I'd rather have somebody pee in my mouth after they've just won an asparagus-eating contest.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Westy said:
It was either this or start a new thread about the Raiders game. :D
Thats even worse, I think I'd rather drink cheap beer than have to endure the rest of this football season........Anyone wanna buy the remainder of my Raiders season tickets :dead:

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Brian HCM#1 said:
Thats even worse, I think I'd rather drink cheap beer than have to endure the rest of this football season........Anyone wanna buy the remainder of my Raiders season tickets :dead:

dooooooooooooode!! W T F ! i had such high hopes for this season too! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I think Tui deserves a chance

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Dingus McGee said:
You said it, and the beer review site posted up the thread a bit said:

Coors Light
More than half of the women in New Jersey can blame their unwanted pregnancies on Coors Light. Despite its popularity, this beer is as flaccid as an impotent monk with testicular cancer. I'd rather have somebody pee in my mouth after they've just won an asparagus-eating contest.
LOL!

Well I'm glad I don't live in New Jersey. :)

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
scurban said:
dooooooooooooode!! W T F ! i had such high hopes for this season too! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I think Tui deserves a chance
Tui is not the answer, he is an okay QB at best, the D is just aweful, they've been giving up WAY too many points. After the Steelers loss, I really liked they way they looked and thought it wouldn't be a bad year, they have beatin themselves in almost every game this year. There offense needs a lot of help also, they will be lucky to win 4 games this year...........again :dead:

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Westy said:
There are few finer things in life than a quality brew but there is a place for the occassional cheap beer. What is your favorite?
Dear god, where is the love for the MILLER HIGH LIFE???????

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Brian HCM#1 said:
NEVER!!!!!!!!! I still have a tough time watching those commercials:dead:
There are commercials for High Life? I guess I need to watch more TV.....

I hope they feature the old guy from Do The Right Thing-
"Where's the Miller High Life?!?!"

D

Dingus McGee

Acadian said:
I don't drink beer to get drunk, but because I like savoring tasty beers...I rather NOT drink than drink cheap beer.
Ok, I forgot about your type! :p

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
Mackie said:
There are commercials for High Life? I guess I need to watch more TV.....

I hope they feature the old guy from Do The Right Thing-
"Where's the Miller High Life?!?!"
Yup, that's a classic. I only get the HL for the boat or for camping now, but it used to be a staple.