Quantcast

Cheap Beer Thread

jeremy155rr

Chimp
Oct 8, 2004
high life and high life light go over quite well w/me and the guys when we are broke and need to lift our spirits;) and something about bud ice light i used to like but haven't had it in a while.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Acadian said:
I don't drink beer to get drunk, but because I like savoring tasty beers...I rather NOT drink than drink cheap beer.
Sometimes when cheap beer is the only option, you MUST drink it to survive a situation....for example, a family picnic that you really do not want to be at.

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment
I think the worst I've ever had was Hamms Light. Steel Reserve and OE 800 are pretty bad. As much I love good beer, I don't think I could go without Miller Light, Rolling Rock, or PBR. :heart:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
PBR and Rolling Rock are okay. I really like Labatt Blue or Canadian Ale. Pretty cheap, goes down nice. Sometimes cheap beer tastes purty dern good. Also, I bet in a blind taste test, nobody here could tell the diff between Coors, Miller, Bud and about 30 others.

Nate at RIT

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
bending stuff in the ROC
Anyone got suggestions for a cheap beer party? We've got about $50 back from deposit money this quarter, and are looking to get as much cheap beer as possible with it. Thinking High Life, Keystone Light, PBR at the moment. Any other suggestions?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
JRogers said:
PBR and Rolling Rock are okay. I really like Labatt Blue or Canadian Ale. Pretty cheap, goes down nice. Sometimes cheap beer tastes purty dern good. Also, I bet in a blind taste test, nobody here could tell the diff between Coors, Miller, Bud and about 30 others.
I'd take you up on that....but!

I could tell the difference between Bud (rice) and Coors no problem. I could probably tell you what was PBR. Once you get into better beers, that's no problem at all.

Cheap beer PBR wins, hands down.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
A bunch of us went to the Brickskeller in DC. Were all ordering various imports from Belgium, Germany, and the UK, and my buddy decides to order a PBR. It rang up on the receipt as "1 mullet alert." :D

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Maybe it is because I am from rochester and just a stones throw away from the brewery, but as far as I am concerned the only cheap beer I can at least very mildly enjoy is Genesee Cream ale...Other then that Coors light, bud, keystone, busch, natty, beast, ice house..all those taste the same, or should I say have the same lack of taste

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I had a bad barfing experience with BEAST, aka milewakes best at a visit to Cornell once.
yuck.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
no man should have to suffer a cheap beer.
beer is one of these luxuries in life that you just have to go all out on. there should be no half assing when it comes to beer, it has to be the best!!!

the same goes for loo roll!!! every man deserves a bit of luxuery in his life!
eh, but i think we'll leave that last bit for another thread :think: :dead: :D