Quantcast

***Civic Duty Tuesderp***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Come on coffee do your thing. Today I will cast my ballot to legalize bong sheds in CA. That and to piss off the supporters of the orange skinned toad. Later after work pehaps I shall go curse standard time with a night ride

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So despite the time change, my kids slept through the night, and we had to wake them at 7. win. but yours truly managed to wake up at 5:30 and not go back to sleep. lose. I think your election is weighing heavily on me... weird.

so I'm sitting at my desk now, and I'm actually above the clouds. pretty cool!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i did my civic duty last week. i did leave a civic-sized dookie in the shitter just now though . . . thanks ocoffee!

day looks like this from here on out: calls, meetings, planning, beer/lunch, meeting, tour, beer, beer, beer . . .

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Vote cast! Very much looking forward to the end of this nonsense although I've gotta think the next week will be filled with claims of rigged elections, massive voter fraud, blah blah blah.

Gonna have to pull the lights down tonight so I can continue riding. This loss of daylight is definitely not relevant to my interests.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. The influx of stupid in my life hopefully will stop within the next few days. I'm looking forward to leaving tomorrow evening to California for a long weekend and taking Haley to Disneyland.

Otherwise, my day started out well when my neighbor's Trump sign blew into my yard and I threw it away.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I think I will start today with an epic poop, drink some coffee, then I will go outside and process my antelope. Bgonna make a few stakes but mostly going to make jalapeño and cheddar bratwursts this time

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I think I will start today with an epic poop, drink some coffee, then I will go outside and process my antelope. Bgonna make a few stakes but mostly going to make jalapeño and cheddar bratwursts this time
Correct me if I'm wrong, but one antelope is going to make a metric shit-ton of sausages no?!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Mehhhh. The highlight of my day is likely going to be the arrival of correctly sized (I hope) pile weatherstrip for moar storm windows fixing.

:bonk:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
YOWDY DUDES.

Work stuff and then, perhaps, maybe, there will be ride stuff this evening. Need to get over this hump of not feeling very motivated for night rides. The weather is quite nice currently, so I'd be a fool to not ride.....right?

My body must not like something or this coffee has some extra punch to it; about to take the 3rd poop of the day. Not complaining!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Work, haircut, walk to polling place, vote, have a beer at polling place (yay AOH!), walk home, have election party with stuffed animals! Kid called me at work today to inform me of said party...with green party members believing in carrying guns anywhere they want....:D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Vote by mail FTW. Although I did hear some :tinfoil: about a large number of ballots being tossed because the signature differs from what is on file. I think it is facebook rumor, but I still need to look into it. Whole bucket 'o meetings today, FML. I hope to get the message through to people that I for one don't need to be in 90% of the meetings I am asked to attend.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
my work computer is being an extra big (read slow) piece of shit today. probably for the best that the building i work in is a single floor, otherwise i'd be introducing the computer to the stairwell.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Here. The influx of stupid in my life hopefully will stop within the next few days. I'm looking forward to leaving tomorrow evening to California for a long weekend and taking Haley to Disneyland.

Otherwise, my day started out well when my neighbor's Trump sign blew into my yard and I threw it away.
Coming to my hood.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
All post work outside activities for the next 3 months will be in the dark. Night riding solo is a bit of a trip. I can hear nothing but the sounds of me riding until I stop. Then I hear all of the critters lurking around me. Lots of owls out last night. They were talking shit about the Presidential election. I asked them if they were voting and they shut the fuck up rather quickly.

Voted on the way into work. Lines were as long as I thought they would be.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Exorcised my civic duty last week. Spending the day wearing headphones so as not to be able to overhear conversations from bonehead coworkers. Will spend my evening disconnected from media and exercising my god given bong shed rights.

Hopefully will wake tomorrow to a merely depressing future and not a terrifyingly absurd one.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Voted last week so spent the morning shredding some sweet single-track on an amazing 58° morning.

Coffee, Bong shed and an afternoon of administrative work on the agenda. Though my cross bike looks awfully tempting as does the idea of reading a book at the beach.

All roads seemingly lead to FTSville lately.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Coworkers and direct reports are all insane today. One asked me for help and showed me 5 different versions of two related spreadsheets. Told me to look at parts from each and ignore the other inconsistencies, then provide my analysis and judgement on a unified presentation. Every time I made a statement, I was told I needed to look at a different version and consider. I said to return with one version of each sheet and I'd help. They were upset I wasn't more helpful.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
"I spent a lot of time on this" is code speak my employees use to say "I have no idea what I'm doing and I've now completely bungled this operation. Please fix it for me."

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Yeah... thats done. Now for what really matters: picked up a Specialized Butcher to go with the Slaughter I bought but never mounted this summer. The Continental XKings have lost too many knobs for comfort. Will be mounting new tires on the GT in prep for for Thursday's ride with @Montana rider on a trail called Muskrat Creek midway between Helena and Butte, Montana. Today I'm going to test the new mounts out on the North Shore of the river which is much less punchy than the South Shore. :)

Last edited:

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Wife's meniscus surgery follow up, then pizza/beer/wine, redbox video tonight, or another few episodes of Shameless now that we saw Episode 3 of Walking Dead (I actually like dog food, haha).

Voted early, so I'll just wait for Yahoo to see the results.......

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Voting and dropping off today, some work search stuff, and a possiblru ride later this afternoon. Tired from riding 4 days on the Western Slope. Poop imminent.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
ham sandwich did not appear on my ballot this year....frank sabotka did.