Quantcast

***Civic Duty Tuesderp***

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Used would be my only realistic option, but not until the Spring if at all.

I don't have the cash nor the room for a cabinet table saw, but a track saw I can find room for.

Nice tools, great function.
Everything related to them (accessories, abrasives, filters, replacement parts) is expensive.

The integration/system is the largest reason to buy.
Some products are truly innovative, others not so much.

The plastic is stupid brittle, esp on the vacuums.
I own about $12k of their tools, there is always one piece in transit for mechanical repair.

100% Dentist grade.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Nice tools, great function.
Everything related to them (accessories, abrasives, filters, replacement parts) is expensive.

The integration/system is the largest reason to buy.
Some products are truly innovative, others not so much.

The plastic is stupid brittle, esp on the vacuums.
I own about $12k of their tools, there is always one piece in transit for mechanical repair.

100% Dentist grade.
I was looking at the Makita track saw originally, but the lack of a riving knife concerns me since I plan on ripping boards with it as well as cutting sheet goods. Also got to demo the Festool and holy crap what an amazing piece of equipment. You cannot tell when the blade starts to cut it's that smooth. And it has some serious dust collection. Jesus himself would go back to carpentry with this saw.

I'm mainly interested in the saw, dust collector, and the parallel guides. Maybe a sander at some point, but their stuff is silly expensive, dentist dollars for sure.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I was looking at the Makita track saw originally, but the lack of a riving knife concerns me since I plan on ripping boards with it as well as cutting sheet goods. Also got to demo the Festool and holy crap what an amazing piece of equipment. You cannot tell when the blade starts to cut it's that smooth. And it has some serious dust collection. Jesus himself would go back to carpentry with this saw.

I'm mainly interested in the saw, dust collector, and the parallel guides. Maybe a sander at some point, but their stuff is silly expensive, dentist dollars for sure.
You know, I always hear about Jesus being a carpenter but nothing ever gets mentioned about anything he built. So far as I know the Bible doesn't say jack shit about him hand planing a timber, or dovetailing a drawer. Must have been one heck of a carpenter. :rolleyes:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Todays XC ride was success, 12 rolling miles along North Shore of the Missouri River. I took the go pro and thought I captured the whole ride for editing but it turns out the videos are limited to 12 minutes in the format I selected. New tires will take a little time to get used to as I lost traction on a few short punches, probably too much psi. Will link one unedited video of the most interesting stretch. Will be an hour before thats uploaded to you tube.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You know, I always hear about Jesus being a carpenter but nothing ever gets mentioned about anything he built. So far as I know the Bible doesn't say jack shit about him hand planing a timber, or dovetailing a drawer. Must have been one heck of a carpenter. :rolleyes:
When you can turn water into wine, people pay less attention to your jointing ability. :clue: