Quantcast

Clay Porter film....

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Ricky Carmicheal, Bubba Stewart, Travis Pastrana, Jeremy Mcgrath, Jeff Ward, Rick Johnson, etc etc etc etc etc .....owned biotches ... is where they are!

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
I agree with your first sentence. To me it seems like most PRO DH racers in the U.S (or anywhere else) only race and train, that is their full time job correct? So, unless the UCI or the racer's team provide medical, dental, vision insurance and a killer 401k...it is extremely hard/unrealistic to say "I want to be a Pro Downhill racer". And add to that, when you become obsolete in your mid-30s...What then? Work construction until you die? No thanks. It seems that people that race full time walk a fine line, sometimes just barely making it through on an absurdly low salary. There are a couple of exceptions to the rule (Gracia, Minnar, Peat, LopeZ) but not nearly enough.

Oh, and about Baja...You are right. I was in San Felipe last March for a race and ran into a former American pro DH racer. I bumped into him in a bar and asked him what he was doing down there. He told me he was racing a dirt bike for the first time on a team who had picked him up. When I asked him why he had quit racing DH he just laughed and said it was not worth it. He said that he still rides almost every week, but racing was just not worth ruining the rest of his life for.

Haha, what's up with the head banging? Please elaborate.

Trust me, I would rather be out training (like most of my Euro and Aussie buddies) than sitting here on my butt going through acccounting paperwork making waaaay too much money. If I can find a way to dedicate my life to DH racing, I would. :nopity:

The headbanging??? What can I say, I love AC/DC.

Seriously though, I just thought the beaverbikers comments where pointless. If these so called ex-pro dhers have so much natural talent that the can excel at a lot of different things, then thats fine however, saying that DH isin't worth it because of the tiny salarys and possibly huge medical bills is silly.

If you are good enough to make it as a pro DHer you will, it's that simple, because it is not good enough just to have the talent, you have to be totally commited to and love a sport to be a champion. As the cliche goes, it has to be in your blood. And I mean racing not riding. So many of us love to ride and I, like yourself, know a lot of guys who are great riders. But that does not and will never make them a great racer.

The facts are if you have the talent and the love for racing, you can excel at it. However if you have the talent to win a race, but not the mentality then you should not and will not be a top racer.

So saying these guys have the talent, but just don't want to race is silly. They are just good bike riders, not good racers.
If you love to race, you will race, for PEANUTS.

****, if these ex-pros are so damn good at riding, why don't they do a Tyler Klassen???

:banghead:
Sorry!

dondon

Monkey
Just an update on Between the Tape, Clay passed through here today, fresh from Europe where he stayed a week on after Schladming, filming in England, Wales and Ireland with the Athertons, Gaskell, the Don and Ben Reid. Once a few projects are completed for interbike, Clay will continue editing throughout October. Filmed on location in 15 countries, it is quite an undertaking...if you see him in Vegas be sure to bug him for a teaser already.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
It sure looks sped up, the dust cloud behind the riders just doesn't act right. Looks like a cloud of magic dust.
yeah, and especially in the laguna section with neethling in the beginning of E2.....you see the bushes move at an incredibly high rate of speed back and forth.....you also can see course tape move back and forth more quickly than possible as well

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
yeah, and especially in the laguna section with neethling in the beginning of E2.....you see the bushes move at an incredibly high rate of speed back and forth.....you also can see course tape move back and forth more quickly than possible as well
I really think you guys have no idea what you are talking. If you have ever stood on side of a course on a windy day and watched the tape, the tension from pole to pole and the force of the wind makes the tape shake back and forth faster than you would think.

I highly doubt any of the footage is sped up...

luiz carlos

Monkey
Apr 15, 2002
Brazil-Rio de Janeiro
What about Beaumont??????He is fast......
I'd like to see all the new movies untill the end of the year or january.

Hypnosis was released at begining of the current season this year.A little late.