Quantcast

Clay Porter's new film

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
But we think he is bringing one out yeah? But it'll be his normal sucky late-release in April sometime, instead of Nov/Dec like everyone else seems to manage. Dammit Clay, I can't wait that long!

SkullCrack

Monkey
Sep 3, 2004
PNW
In the new issue of Dirt he says he's working on two films. "Completely different and completely separate" were his words.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
In the new issue of Dirt he says he's working on two films. "Completely different and completely separate" were his words.
Rad. I'll buy the one that least resembles the previous movies. Some quality clay porter footage, editing, and music without the commentary is long overdue. Can't wait.

MFrider

Monkey
Jul 10, 2009
The East
By March I don't care for video's anymore. By the time his video's are released the others are already out. I personally like the "documentary" type of film he makes. Just wish they came out by January!!

With all of the races covered by Freecaster I have actually lost a lot of the anticipation for video's.

Dec 14, 2009
In the world championship section, clay includes footage from 2002-2004 world champs; does anyone know wheres is all that commentary of Peaty and the rest of the riders???
thanks...

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
With all of the races covered by Freecaster I have actually lost a lot of the anticipation for video's.
Hit the nail on the head. Ever since watching all the live Freecaster World Cups this season, I don't feel like I need a DVD, although I do need a new DVD besides Earthed 5 to keep me entertained on my trainer.:think:

project_d

Chimp
Dec 15, 2009
SoCal
By March I don't care for video's anymore. By the time his video's are released the others are already out. I personally like the "documentary" type of film he makes. Just wish they came out by January!!

Agreed. Plus, by the time his vid is out, the WC season is ready to start. So, I'm not as interested in watching last year's RD1.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I would agree about not wanting to see the stuff from the year prior with the new season about to start, but I AM looking forward to the part where Peat finally gets the monkey off his back!!!

If I had to guess, I'd say he's either in SoCal or somewhere in the southern hemisphere filming rider segments. Seems to be his routine this time of year?

The only thing that's a sure thing with his next movie is that I will not be in it.:)

dondon

Monkey
Any news yet?
As noted earlier in the thread with advent of instant web play by play canon fodder expect something very different from Clay. But dont expect it now, it will be a 2010 project or two. In mean time there will be plenty to enjoy with the upcoming releases of follow me and lifecycles, but racer heads need not worry bigger and better things in the pipeline.

dondon

Monkey
Shh, he's in "the industry", which means he can drop hints and names that show that he knows things plebs like YOU don't. You're not allowed to ask or know, that top-secret information is only for the privileged high-society of MTB
:)
Someone asked whats up? Since Clay has released a film around April for the last seven years, but wont be doing so this year i thought id mention that.
That does not mean im obliged to tell you what he is and will be doing, why is that a surprise or something that should be slated.
Should Fox, SRAM, SC, Intense employees, riders or "insiders" be crucified for not posting propriety future product development here on RM that they are privy too?

....Wait this just in, Clay is making a documentary on local burrito joints in the greater LA-Ventura area.

Sov

Chimp
Jan 1, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
I've been told that making a burrito is harder than juggling during an olympic sprint while trying to memorise a complex sequence of numbers (we don't get much Mexican food here in Australia)

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Someone asked whats up? Since Clay has released a film around April for the last seven years, but wont be doing so this year i thought id mention that.
That does not mean im obliged to tell you what he is and will be doing, why is that a surprise or something that should be slated.
Should Fox, SRAM, SC, Intense employees, riders or "insiders" be crucified for not posting propriety future product development here on RM that they are privy too?

....Wait this just in, Clay is making a documentary on local burrito joints in the greater LA-Ventura area.
hahah I just get pretty sick of people being all like "yeah I know something secret and you don't". Great, keep it to yourself. Don't take it too personally, I realise you have contributed a hell of a lot more to the MTB world than I have or probably ever will, but if you'd take note of where I'm coming from that'd be great. If you know something special, great, if it's meant to be a secret then maybe keep it that way. Otherwise why bother trying to glorify yourself by showing that you know something that the rest of the world doesn't? I'm sure you're actually a good guy but that kind of thing makes you come across as a bit of a wanker. Just so ya know...

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Socket....since you are australian, you know anything about the secret, uber top secret, sam hill knee injury?

(Sam is in clays movies, so technically still on topic)

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
hahah I just get pretty sick of people being all like "yeah I know something secret and you don't". Great, keep it to yourself. Don't take it too personally, I realise you have contributed a hell of a lot more to the MTB world than I have or probably ever will, but if you'd take note of where I'm coming from that'd be great. If you know something special, great, if it's meant to be a secret then maybe keep it that way. Otherwise why bother trying to glorify yourself by showing that you know something that the rest of the world doesn't? I'm sure you're actually a good guy but that kind of thing makes you come across as a bit of a wanker. Just so ya know...
"wwaaaaaaaah, I want to know everything!!!" he doesn't come across as a wanker, it was what it was.....this boards sense of entitlement is pretty astounding sometimes.

dondon

Monkey
The question was posed, Any News? I responded. The answer is that Clay is not releasing a movie in the April or anytime soon. I dont know anything secret nor do i pretend to know anything secret, in fact i dont know what clay is doing, he probably doesn't know either, hence i gave no other info. But it's pretty obvious that everyone has to step it up as the bar is raised with each seasons releases. The good news is there are still people out there making Films not just DVD's and web videos. For us the consumers that is great.

MFrider

Monkey
Jul 10, 2009
The East
With all the great coverage on racing from Freecaster and Dirt, I no longer see the sense in buying a video that comes out 6 months after the season ended. It is old news.

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
With all the great coverage on racing from Freecaster and Dirt, I no longer see the sense in buying a video that comes out 6 months after the season ended. It is old news.
I don't think anyone is buying video to get the "news". It obviously is old news.

I would rather get stoked watching a good DH video than Keeing up with the Kardashian Wackos or American Idiot. Most of the time I watch them while I'm sitting on my trainer in the garage.

MFrider

Monkey
Jul 10, 2009
The East
Guess what I am saying is they lost the edge they had even just 2 years ago. I used to buy every race video, I have not bought one in 2 years.

You did spell Kardashian right, are you a closet fan:thumb:

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Ya 6 months after I watched hypnosis, 3focus, first, etc. I never watched them again. They're so lame now... (sarcasm)

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
Shh, he's in "the industry", which means he can drop hints and names that show that he knows things plebs like YOU don't. You're not allowed to ask or know, that top-secret information is only for the privileged high-society of MTB.

:)
"plebs like me"? who the hell are you?

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
The question was posed, Any News? I responded. The answer is that Clay is not releasing a movie in the April or anytime soon. I dont know anything secret nor do i pretend to know anything secret, in fact i dont know what clay is doing, he probably doesn't know either, hence i gave no other info. But it's pretty obvious that everyone has to step it up as the bar is raised with each seasons releases. The good news is there are still people out there making Films not just DVD's and web videos. For us the consumers that is great.
No worries, apologies for jumping down your throat. Probably should steer clear of the internet when I've been drinking.

"plebs like me"? who the hell are you?
Was being sarcastic man - wasn't a dig at you at all, I was taking the piss out of elitism instead. All good :)

aj-monkey

Monkey
Oct 11, 2007
Squampton, BC
No worries, apologies for jumping down your throat. Probably should steer clear of the internet when I've been drinking.

Was being sarcastic man - wasn't a dig at you at all, I was taking the piss out of elitism instead. All good :)
Wow, I hope that he was being sarcastic, as even I caught your sarcasm originally!

MMmm.ok, back to the topic at hand. 2 vids later this year, or are they '2010 projects' as in, available 2011?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Yeah because 3-6 minute clips are the same thing as a well thought out, themed or story lined feature length presentation.

Not everybody views bike videos as 'news'.
Yeah, F1rst is a really good account of the season. Puts things into perspective from race to race and within each of the top contenders' careers.

Rather different than race coverage on a choppy stream with screaming commentary with a British accent.