Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
two1 said:
Cody Warren 1st
John Kirkaldie 2nd
Jared Graves 3rd or 4th
Chris Kovarik 3rd or 4th

Sorry, thats all I know.
Kitner 1st, and i think the Michelle Trans got 3rd/4th.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Two1, thanks for the results!

I think that might be enough for Katrina Miller to retire, got beat by the tranny??? Katrina used to be one bad mofo.
April L. race?
Is DH tomm.?

Good Job NCS on the sweet schedule...schedule or not Fraser just told me all the madcatz are in MSA hanging out....Whats that DOORS song?? "This is the end..."

Can anyone guess how much money Jill and Cody won for winning a National Series event today??

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
stiksandstones said:

I think that might be enough for Katrina Miller to retire, got beat by the tranny??? Katrina used to be one bad mofo.
April L. race?
Is DH tomm.?

Good Job NCS on the sweet schedule...schedule or not Fraser just told me all the madcatz are in MSA hanging out....Whats that DOORS song?? "This is the end..."

Can anyone guess how much money Jill and Cody won for winning a National Series event today??
April got beat out in the Semis i believe. Pro DH is Sunday.

The schedule was so f@#$ed up, like 1 1/2 hrs late.

The Michelle "It" Trans is the biggest crock of sh!t ever, HES bigger than most guys out there, and poor Llanes looked like a child racing against it.

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
stiksandstones said:

April L. race?
Is DH tomm.?

Katrina def shoulda done better, but both she & Jill were making mistakes.... the Dumeresque person actually beat Kintner in her first run...then crashed in the 2nd....Kintner went on to the finals.... Jill really didn' turn on the heat til the last run of the day...against Buhl. Buhl either beat or was suuuuper close in their first run.

April did race, qualified 5th or 6th....donno how far she got...maybe round of 8?

DH practice tomorrow ...for two hours in the am...then nothing for the rest of the day.....time to go to the OGIO FOAM PIT!!!!

DH race on Sunday.

donno what the winners got...i think $250 from fox? does the GO-RIDE bounty go towards DS too? or just DH

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Sherpa said:
April got beat out in the Semis i believe. Pro DH is Sunday.

The schedule was so f@#$ed up, like 1 1/2 hrs late.

The Michelle "It" Trans is the biggest crock of sh!t ever, HES bigger than most guys out there, and poor Llanes looked like a child racing against it.
Thanks Sherpa...got any pics of the men vs the boys run?

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
two1 said:
Cody Warren 1st
John Kirkaldie 2nd
Jared Graves 3rd or 4th
Chris Kovarik 3rd or 4th

Sorry, thats all I know.
That's a big win for Cody. I saw him riding at the Cal State race; he is really fast and smooth. He's on his way to big really big things...

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
blt2ride said:
That's a big win for Cody. I saw him riding at the Cal State race; he is really fast and smooth. He's on his way to big really big things...

pretty much exactly why he won today.....he was practically the only guy who didn't make a mistake. no crash, slide out, etc. Good things to come for Cody....& he's still so young!

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Thats awesome for Cody Warren! I love to see it come together for young up and comers.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
BMXman said:
What's with all the hate towards Michelle? I don't get it....D
A male is BORN with a bigger heart and lungs so they can perform at a higher VO2 max geneticly. Now just because you get your pee pee wacked off and get put on hormons does not mean that the heart and lungs shrink. Still a man in my book... Not to mention IT was a BIG BOY to begin with. To top it all off the female pros are having a VERY HARD time getting support. Now IT comes along to stir the already small pot. WEAK!!!!!!

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
Ya, "mentally" a woman s/he may be, but physically s/he still appears to have considerable physical (genetic) advantage over "normal" women. It's basically like me saying I should be allowed to race in the women's class because I'm a pussy, naturally non-aggressive, like to go shopping (well, for bike parts at least :)) and am 6'3" 220lbs.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Closed minded hatred is SOO cool, and "facts" that are just bald-faced lies are lame.

It's well-established in the scientific literature that there is a 10% difference in performance between elite men and women across the board in every sport. That difference is attribuitable to the lower lean body-mass that women have, which is due primarily to breasts, and a little bit to changes in body chemistry related to estrogen and progesterone levels in the body (think bloating). VO2max values in women are actually HIGHER when measured as percentage of lean body mass.

So lame

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Well why would a man chop his wee wee off and then go race pro mountain bikes in the first place?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
SuspectDevice said:
Closed minded hatred is SOO cool, and "facts" that are just bald-faced lies are lame.

It's well-established in the scientific literature that there is a 10% difference in performance between elite men and women across the board in every sport. That difference is attribuitable to the lower lean body-mass that women have, which is due primarily to breasts, and a little bit to changes in body chemistry related to estrogen and progesterone levels in the body (think bloating). VO2max values in women are actually HIGHER when measured as percentage of lean body mass.

So lame
yeah, that's why there is SOOOO little difference in the TOTAL weight professional male powerlifters can do versus the women...it's just SOOO minimal...not even an issue.

There are literally 40,000+ 220lb females out there waiting for their shot to play linebacker at Ohio State, I'm sure.

Not to mention the 6'9" women with 38" vertical leaps in NBA training camp right now.... :thumb:

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
WHile I agree Michelle shouldn't be allowed to race, the blatant hatred towards her (and it is HER boys) is really sad.

What I usually do is just count her out, and process the results without her.

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
Again, another thread getting off topic.

All I have to say about it is that I have nothing personal against Michelle. Hell, i've never even met Michelle. Regardless, I do not agree that she or anyone in this position should be "professionally" in the opposite sex class because of a sex change.

Anyway, BACK TO THE SUBJECT...

Congrats again to Cody for his first professional win!!

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
blt2ride said:
Big like what? Like Stik said this series is done. NO prize $, what level of financial success can they really attain. There is no prestige in this series anymore.
I'm not dogging the riders or CW's win, but it's just sad that there really isn't much to shoot for anymore....

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
ekozy39 said:
Big like what? Like Stik said this series is done. NO prize $, what level of financial success can they really attain. There is no prestige in this series anymore.
I'm not dogging the riders or CW's win, but it's just sad that there really isn't much to shoot for anymore....
This is not the sport to be in if you want to attain financial success. Try golf instead...

Anyway, it's good to see someone new on top of the podium!

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
WheelieMan said:
This is not the sport to be in if you want to attain financial success. Try golf instead...

Anyway, it's good to see someone new on top of the podium!
I agree, but someone said big things, so I was asking like what?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Yeesh, leave her alone. She's not taking money or sponsors from anyone. You think this is easy for her? Do you think she belongs in the men's class?

Stop hating what you can't understand. I can't relate to her experience or choices either but you people sound like neanderthals.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
SuspectDevice said:

So lame
Uh...there are basic muscle-joint leverage issues at hand here which are much more relevant to 4X performance, particularly coming out of the gate, than VO2 max.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Watch Mr. Dudemeresque line up against a REAL woman like Tara Llanes in a 4x race and tell me its fair. Just look at his calves and his sprint, hes just a guy with no dick.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
SuspectDevice said:

So lame

regardless of all of that....i'm sure that even if I went and got my dick chopped off and got a female pro norba card, i would go smoke the whole women's field(minus a girl or two).....i couldn't even qualify in Pro mens.....bmi/V02 aside....it's a bunch of BS

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Ian Collins said:
regardless of all of that....i'm sure that even if I went and got my dick chopped off and got a female pro norba card, i would go smoke the whole women's field(minus a girl or two).....i couldn't even qualify in Pro mens.....bmi/V02 aside....it's a bunch of BS
Yeah I agree but considering the fact that He/SHe is JUST as sketchy and akward looking on the course as all the other chicks I really dont have a problem. She isnt really killing anyone and his/her bike skills arent all that great. he or she def has some woman in them because u can always tell the woman from the men, all cautious and stiff wherever they ride. No offense to the girls but I am yet to see a women who can flooidly ride like a male. Girls are fast but you can always tell the difference.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Biker, I agree, I would not be pissed if I was a chick that michelle beat me because of the medical situation involved, I have seen michelle ride and she, uhhhmmm, well, needs some work.
But, I do think after seeing michelle over the years, michelle has gotten bigger, burlier and I do not know how all that works, but I think some of the MALE hormones are coming back for sure-which makes the whole notion strange to me.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
First off, some of you are so dense that you are soundly pushing the "DH riders are just sumbasses" myth.

Michelle is a SHE, not a he, Mr, or anything else. SHE. Get a clue already and stop being such assholes.

That said, transgendered people take hormones which reduce thier muscle mass to bring the CLOSER to natural women.

I do not beleive she shoudl be competing, for a number of reasons. First, just cause you stick feathers up your ass and cluck does not make youa chicken. Legally she is a woman, but a DNA test would clear that up right away.

She still have all the benefits physically of being male. That will never go away. Also, if she "tones down" her hormone therapy, she can regain a lot of that strength. She will never be the same as a natural woman, and for that, I think she should be excluded from competition. Its just not fair. She is very nice, I've spoken to her a few times, but I don't think she should compete.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
dropmachine.com said:
Michelle is a SHE, not a he, Mr, or anything else. SHE. Get a clue already and stop being such assholes.

That said, transgendered people take hormones which reduce thier muscle mass to bring the CLOSER to natural women.

Make up your F-ing mind, this person is a transgendered person, somewhere in the middle. Make up a class for Transgendered people and the problem is solved...end of discussion.

Funny as hell Cody's thread got derailed into this train wreck!

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
This is a strange situation. One thing is for sure, it's not a fair match to have him/her race against other women. There's no easy resolution to this problem. If he/she/it, is told to race the men's class, he/she/it would probably hire Gloria Alred or get the ACLU involved in some sort of discrimination case...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I know one thing...I stood next to MCHELLE Domeimaniwannalay...focker is bigger than me. And I ain't a little fella either...I haven't stood next to a girl that big since I was hangin' out with Brady.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BMXman said:
What's with all the hate towards Michelle? I don't get it....D
Uh oh. Now we get to see this can of worms opened again. Hasn't this been debated to death? Where's that dead horse smilie when I need it.

dropmachine.com said:
WHile I agree Michelle shouldn't be allowed to race, the blatant hatred towards her (and it is HER boys) is really sad.

What I usually do is just count her out, and process the results without her.
This sounds like the most reasonable way to handle the situation.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
dropmachine.com said:
First off, some of you are so dense that you are soundly pushing the "DH riders are just sumbasses" myth.

I do not beleive she shoudl be competing, for a number of reasons. First, just cause you stick feathers up your ass and cluck does not make youa chicken. Legally she is a woman, but a DNA test would clear that up right away.

She still have all the benefits physically of being male. That will never go away. Also, if she "tones down" her hormone therapy, she can regain a lot of that strength. She will never be the same as a natural woman, and for that, I think she should be excluded from competition. Its just not fair. She is very nice, I've spoken to her a few times, but I don't think she should compete.
couldn't have said it better...:thumb: